OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/13406/borderlandsbanner.jpg

Game is officially released and seeing solid reviews.

Let's get together and play! List your "gamespy id" in your post and I will add it to a list so we can add bf2s members to our friends list! Please post your id in this fashion -

Code:

[#]bf2s username - [color=#FFB808]gamespy id[/color]
BF2s User Gamespy Friends List:
  • OmniDeath - OmniDeath1
  • seymorebutts443 - seymorebutts443
  • DefCon-17 - Zigzter
  • Tazz - Tazz
  • Guardian_Ekim - Guardian_Ekim
  • FloppY_ - FloppY@Borderlands
  • Miggle - Miggle
  • Doctor Strangelove - DoctaStrangeLove
  • Bevo - BevoTheLonghorn
  • Stimey - Stim3y
  • dill13 - *)TB(*dill13
  • Sisco10 - Real_Sisco10
  • Cybargs - Cybargs

Note: Anyone having trouble playing online, check this out.

-----------------------------------------------

Borderlands

Gamespot wrote:

Borderlands is an RPG sci-fi shooter that features four player online co-op.
Slated for console release October 20th, PC October 26th.

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/

Official Trailer

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-borderlands/49925[/video]

Behind The Scenes Trailer

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/claptrap-behind-borderlands/56813[/video]

Preview Trailer

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-borderlands/56123[/video]

DLC 1 - Zombie Island of Dr. Ned

In case you missed it, the first DLC announced will add zombies! It will be landing Nov. 24th on the consoles, and early December for the PC version

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/13406/ZombieIsland3_45993_screen.jpg

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/13406/977247_20091109_790screen001.jpg

Update!

The first DLC, Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, is out:

Trailer

IGN Preview

DLC 2 - Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot

Just after the first DLC was released on all platforms, Gearbox announces a second DLC. Adding a new gameplay mode that allows you to fight waves of enemies as well as more skill points and a bank function, the second DLC for Borderlands will be dropping December 29th on Xbox 360 and January 7th on Playstation 3. No official date has been set for the PC.

Last edited by OmniDeath (2009-12-10 17:47:01)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
I'll wait for some reviews. I can't really say I have much interest in it from what I've seen.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

can't possibly comptet with MW2 Infinity Ward is gonig to kick everybody elses ASSHOLE with it why does anybody even play bf2?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6730|San Antonio, Texas
This is just one of those game which can turn out really good, or suck on ice. I'll hold off until I hear some feedback on this one.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

I can't say I'm particularly interested, but the concept sounds good.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

Miggle wrote:

can't possibly comptet with MW2 Infinity Ward is gonig to kick everybody elses ASSHOLE with it why does anybody even play bf2?
That comparison doesn't really make sense... this game doesn't seem to be even close to the same genre as MW, aside from its FPS elements. I'd put this somewhere next to Fallout 3 mixed with Left 4 Dead.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
The trailer they gave look crap, but the preview actually didn't look too bad. Will wait.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

I like how they said "the iron sites of call of duty"

it reminded me that iron sites haven't been in anything but call of duty.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock

Miggle wrote:

That is true, good point!
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6630|The darkside of Denver
Call of duty was the first game to really use iron sights...
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
Are there any actual good gameplay videos?

All the ones I've seen are by people who play like they've just been introduced to FPSs.

Spot an enemy, take a few potshots, walk up to him taking the occasional shot, throw a grenade when he's in near melee range, shoot a few more times...

The idea seems great, but from all the videos I've seen, it looks like shit.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2009-10-09 23:35:51)

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

SonderKommando wrote:

Call of duty was the first game to really use iron sights...
This.  COD was the first I'd game I'd played anyway in which iron sights (ADS I think they called it) was more or less mandatory for the simple reason that the enemies were doing it too, so it was advantageous to make use of it.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Playing it atm.

Got it on 360 so I can play co-op with my little bro. HUGE fallout/firefly vibes. Haven't used many guns, done many 'quests' or played that much yet but I think this game might be the start of a new, rather good genre.

Also, the HUD isn't as annoying as you'd think in game, in fact it's one of the best FPS huds ever imo. Low on clutter, high on info and easy to use. Then again, I haven't tried it split screen/multiplayer yet.

The last stand style death system is epic.

Shotgunning people in the face is epic.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North
EBgames here is retarded and keeps trying to tell me that there is no PC version coming
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6314
Is there supposed to be a demo? I´m rather interested in this game, and what I´ve read so far it sounds awsm.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

Miggle wrote:

Well CoD1 was the first successful (financially and critically) game that I know of that had iron sights.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

krazed wrote:

EBgames here is retarded and keeps trying to tell me that there is no PC version coming
Just buy it off of steam then, they had a 10% preorder deal as well as the 4 pack combo deal they had with L4D. People at places like EB and Gamestop are always retarded.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
The game does sound interesting. Wouldn't mind trying this.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Don't think there are any spoilers.

K. I dunno how far we are into the game but it seems like it's pretty fucking big. Basically, make Diablo an FPS and you really aren't far off on what the game is like. Just about zero story, and mostly what you do is kill things, break things and blow things up. There's even huge boss fights which are actually fairly challenging. The elemental/critical system works brilliantly with most enemies dropping nearly instantly if you are any good at aiming. Plays well with a control pad and you can turn the auto-aim off. Which is severely recommended as it will fuck you up when you're going for crits on the various monster-alien things. The different skill paths make a HUGE change to how your character plays after you get past about level 15 or 20. Whoever thought Diablo 2 would make a good FPS at Gearbox is a fucking genius.

They weren't lying about the 9999999999999999999999 procedurally generated guns either. You get some funny ones too. Hand cannons that do more damage than a rocket shot, but only have two shots in a clip. Shotguns that can almost be used at the same range you'd use an assault rifle and come complete with scopes. Rocket launchers that will throw 5 shots out in half a second. Mostly it's like Diablo though, where you find the odd very useful gun that keeps you using it for ages and you just flog the rest off. That's not even going into the different shields you can get, which do some reaaally weird shit sometimes. The combination health-shields system bears little similarity to Halo's once you realise how varied the shields are. Works a crapload better too as far as gameplay pacing goes. Makes you cautious, but not too cautious. No need to juggle first aid kits, the four classes have their own ways of restoring hp. The Brick regenerates it while punching things in the face, the sniper gets it back simply by killing things etc.

So far there's only one vehicle, but it does just about everything you could want it to do so no biggy. Strap a tank chassis to two road bikes, remove any requirement for the laws of physics to work and enjoy. We have seen another but if I told you what it was and the name of it's owner I'd ruin a good joke. Vehicular combat is funny. More funny is taking out enemy vehicles on foot with an elephant gun or a helix rocket launcher. Funny unless they run you over anyway.

The Serenity, Mad Max, Mel Brooks, Fallout and God only knows what other references are worked in pretty well. They are thick on the ground and if you know what the game devs are referencing they will make you laugh. Surprising change for Gearbox, after the Brothers In Arms games they deliver something that not only lacks any sense of seriousness, but down right goes out of its way to be totally irreverent, cheeky and otherwise funny. It's almost like finding Monty Python jokes and Mad Max nods in Fallout/Fallout 2 again. They aren't shy about showing people where they got their ideas from.

I don't know how good this would be as an online or PC title but for two player co-op with a brother or room mate at uni, I don't think there's a better game ever been released. I think we ended up playing like 9 hours with only minor breaks for food and shit.

Some things that grate on the nerves are two or three minor graphical glitches that really annoy given how polished just about the rest of the game is. Flawed masterpiece. If you can, try before you buy as always but I'm thinking if the multiplayer online is stable on PC it'd definitely be worth a look in for any of those WoW clans that are full of CSS players. There's a duel system similar to WoW's and there's 'PvP Arenas' scattered about the place which are basically little deathmatch zones you can enter.

Oh and the HUD still works better than just about any other I've used even with a small screen. The floating damage numbers are essential when you're trying to work out where to shoot a monster, because there are more vulnerable spots than just the obvious critical hit areas and whether to use fire/acid guns on them, and if you are using fire/acid, where to shoot them with it.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Just got the 4-pack with some friends.

Can't wait till it's out.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
give it a month...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Flecco
iPod is broken.

DefCon-17 wrote:

Little bro got it yesterday. When's it meant to be released?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Flecco wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Little bro got it yesterday. When's it meant to be released?
PC.

Comes out on Monday.

..at least on Steam. Not sure if the non-Steam version comes out earlier. (I know the Xbox one did)

I have Monday and Tuesday off though, so perfect timing.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North
console versions came out last week, PC is this week
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6565|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
probably one of the best games i have played in the past year. as flecco stated, its 3d diablo with guns, thousands of guns. locations are cool, bosses are cool. storyline is pretty good. how they present the bosses are very cool. i would say its GoTY material.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard