notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6765|The United Center
http://bf2tracker.com/thread.php?postid … post163203

the pictures are taken from a Chinese website, but it shows the requirements.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6754|200m out and smiling at you.
hey hey, guys guess wat?

who got the info first?

yes, the taiwanese

we own u all and ur economy
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6718
Lieutnant Colonel here I come.

P.S A fucking leaf? fantastic. Now I have to get another 20 thousand points for a cooler symbol.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6754|200m out and smiling at you.
it's a maple leaf
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6767|Mark it zero.
that cant be right. it doesnt give any of those high ranked people anything to work for... besides a couple expert badges if they dont have it.
ComradeWho
+50|6713|Southern California
it's an oak leaf.
MrBrain
+24|6708|Finland

Skruples wrote:

Lieutnant Colonel here I come.

P.S A fucking leaf? fantastic. Now I have to get another 20 thousand points for a cooler symbol.
You mean "colonel here I come". If it's like before you won't get the new rank if you fulfil some requrements after you have reach the points. I assume it's the same if there comes a new rank and you have more points than the requirement unless they fix it with the patch, let's hope the fix it so you get the ugly leaf

Major General
Requirement: 180.000 + All Vehicle Badges on Expert

Sound a bit tough to me, 400h in armor and 150h in transport, plus 300h air and 400h heli if the count as vehichle also. Looking at the top ten list where the players have 250k+ score now, the total play time is around 1000-2000h. Many lies around 1300h. 550h of that in vehicles IS much, and note that they have 70k more points than the 180k which includes play time. None of the top ten player had even ONE expert vehicle, one player was very close to expert armor though. AT 250K POINTS!

EA says that all players must be vehicle whores from now on! And that we shall be..?
ComradeWho
i guess you don't have to work to get major general if you don't want to. especially since you seem to think it's the mark of a "whore."

I think they put the vehicles in the game so that they could be used, by the way.
Crypto_420
+25|6861|Portland
if you notice,  there arent that many, if anyone that has all 4 expert badges, Helo, Air,  Armor, Transport.
All but two or three top ranking people will be a 2 star gen. which will give them 2 ranks to work to.  and 250hours in a plane, helo, armor, and transport will take some time.

Cant wait 2nd Liet here I come,  followed by 1st liet shortly after
Chowley
+1|6704|Ireland
Whats the story with Sergeant major so?

Well at least ill be SMOC soon if thats right

*orgasm*

Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6742
Wootage
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6700|Stillwater, Ok
Lol well shit i'll still be enlisted for awhile.  I'm almost at 30k points.
MrBrain
+24|6708|Finland

ComradeWho wrote:

i guess you don't have to work to get major general if you don't want to. especially since you seem to think it's the mark of a "whore."

I think they put the vehicles in the game so that they could be used, by the way.
Don't misunderstand me. I like vehichles a lot. But when looking at how much points a player can score during 1000h of gameplay it's unfair to force them into vehicle for 550h. Especially transports. I for instance use vehicles very often and of my 173h of gameplay I have 28h in armor and 25h in transport. That's almost one quarter of the total time in BF. The other time is searching vehicle, chasing enemies between houses and capping flags and such. Normal gameplay imo.

Veteran badge seems fair enough imo...
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6727|Gütersloh, Germany
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6752|cairns australia
48 points for sergeant major woot.definately the coolest rank.hope this correct
Maj.Do
+85|6770|good old CA
wait they lowered 2nd Lt req?
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6752|cairns australia

Maj.Do wrote:

wait they lowered 2nd Lt req?
check link in 1st post
Chowley
+1|6704|Ireland

pokerplaya wrote:

48 points for sergeant major woot.definately the coolest rank.hope this correct
Its 45,000 for Sergeant Major of the Corps. Different rank, presumably Sergeant Major will be a lower global req. as well.
ComradeWho
Oh friends,

I'm just making an intelligent guess here but:

Sergeant Major of the Corps is probably going to be awarded the same way it always has been: to some exceptional Sergeant Major of EA's choosing. Either that or they are going to abolish it. But I doubt they're going to make it a rank everyone to attain because they haven't done that in the past and there's no reason to think they would now. It's a novelty rank because in the real Marine Corps there's only one Sergeant Major of the Corps - they have duplicated this in the game.

Soooo... That means that the amount of points required for Sergeant Major of the Corps according to that information, if it is correct, is probably the same amount of points for Sergeant Major. So just like always I'm sure that Sergeant Major of the Corps is a unique rank and that anybody who is Sergeant Major is eligible for it. If that information about the point requirements is correct than I'm sure they've only moved the requirements for Sergeant Major down to 45,000 and there's not some special globally attainable Sergeant Major requirement.

If you find yourself saying "duh" then just read above, and I might be hallucinating but I seem to sense a general confusion out there that goes beyond this post.

Anyways:
To MrBrain,

Yeah I know what you're saying. But what I'm saying is I don't really mind that Major General is a rank that you have to do insane requirements for. You can be a brigadier general just through playing. Why not reserve the top rank insignia for people with the insanity to meet these requirements. I really don't care that the rank is unattainable to 99.9% of BF2 players including me. If it were I'd hate to get there and have four or five 2 to 4 star generals in a game. As it is pre-1.2 as long as you play for a long time you can get to the highest rank of 2nd LT. Now they're making it so even the large majority of 2nd LTs will never be the highest rank.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6676|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
thats good it wont take me 2 years to get to  2nd Lieutnant
Akutenshi
The Rellik
+1|6702|Maryland USA
It's still going to take me a long to rank though but glad to hear more ranks. I wonder if you'll be unlocking anything else at higher ranks? Doubtful but still wondering.
Chowley
+1|6704|Ireland
I know how SMOTC works, but they added it into the list like it was any other rank, why would they do that and have a simplistic requirement of 45k points and nothing about the details of it if it wasnt becomming a normal rank. Its completely misleading, they should just have sergeant major if SMOTC is staying the same.
I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if they change it, its not like the game is very realistic anyway.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6859|Cologne, Germany

cool stuff. can't wait to become an officer. I hope those requirements are correct.
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6727|Gütersloh, Germany
Check out the link I posted earlier in this thread http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=171947#p171947
Dilbert2468
+6|6758|Australia
if they make requirments for the new ranks i would like to be told before hand. but i doubt it. anyways i don't think they will. the only reason they did with the sgt ranks as i understand it is in the real marines master sgt and frist sgt are the same pay grade (just different jobs). i donno if any of the officer ranks are the same.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard