Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6650

ite aussies
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6692|Canberra, AUS
poor punter great knock.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5196|Sydney
About time.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6691|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Too fucking late, I dropped him from my dream team at the start of the QTR final stage / transfer window, I hate the lil bastard even more.

Retire Ricky, go out on the top of your game, your one of the greatest batsmen and captains of my era and while I dislike you its out of pure respect and fear
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6166|'straya
I'd say he'll end up having one more summer in him. (if things are left up to him that is)

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2011-03-25 04:02:53)

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

I'd say he'll end up having one more summer in him. (if things are left up to him that is)
I'd say another 10 lol

No matter what I say and bitch about him he is imo an icon along with

Lara, Chanderpaul, Tendulkar, Jayawardene etc etc

These legends need to go out on the highest of highs.

104 in his last game, not a bad way.

Reversing a ball straight down a fielders throat is a bad way.

get in the box with Richie and the boys Rick, you can be the new captain up there for channel 9 if you like
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6640|Little Bentcock
Ponting stepped down from captaincy a few hours ago, surprised it's not in here yet.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6792|Noizyland

Meh, not entirely unexpected.

Watching the World Cup, hate that wonky side-on bowling the Sri Lankans do, particularly that Malinga bloke. I know it's very effective but it seems to be effective only because that game wasn't made with it in mind. I mean this guy is virtually hurling the ball at the wickets/the batsman's foot, the only difference being he's not bending his arm.

Not that I expected New Zealand to beat Sri Lanka anyway, I just think it's a poor tactic.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6192|Sydney | ♥

Adams_BJ wrote:

Ponting stepped down from captaincy a few hours ago, surprised it's not in here yet.
It was spammed on the radio enough.

Thank god tbh - I've never liked ponting.

I like the idea of Michael Clarke being captain
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.

Adams_BJ wrote:

It would of been if I was in work, been out on site working.

As always I think he has shown great timing, my thoughts on him and this are above but I wish him all the very best and congratulate him on being one of the best to ever play the game.

I still think he's a prick but one of the best cricketing pricks you are ever likely to se my friend and don't you fucking forget it get him in the box calling the game with Richie and Bull

Ty wrote:

Meh, not entirely unexpected.

Watching the World Cup, hate that wonky side-on bowling the Sri Lankans do, particularly that Malinga bloke. I know it's very effective but it seems to be effective only because that game wasn't made with it in mind. I mean this guy is virtually hurling the ball at the wickets/the batsman's foot, the only difference being he's not bending his arm.

Not that I expected New Zealand to beat Sri Lanka anyway, I just think it's a poor tactic.
Malinga the slinga - I'd hate to face him he'd snap me in half like a big dude in prison.  How you supposed to train for a ball that comes at you 90mph from round the corner.

Set up a bowling machine and hold it at a 60 degree angle?

I'd be gobsmacked if NZ bowl Sri Lanka out for 220, 30/40/50 runs too less.  I hope they do beat them as Im always for the underdogs.

-----

We had great fun with the bowling machine last year, took it off the tripod and fired balls upwards at an angle, we were stood 100ft away trying to catch them as they returned to earth, set at 99mph, you hear 'boooompfff', stare upwards - cant see anything then hear a whitle as it comes back down at you, my mate got under one and it flipped him over like a invisible ninja and he's a big fella.  It nearly took my head off when we lowered the angle as the sun went down and played 'face ya fear' - we didnt play it again.

A great game is to bake tennis balls, pad up, and get infront of the bowling machine from 20 yards.  Plastic bat, lid, gloves and pads - 1 wickey, 1 feeder, 8 slips and a gully.  Oh yeah the important bit, 4 ciders first or you cant play.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6192|Sydney | ♥

1927 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

As always I think he has shown great timing, my thoughts on him and this are above but I wish him all the very best and congratulate him on being one of the best to ever play the game.

I still think he's a prick but one of the best cricketing pricks you are ever likely to se my friend and don't you fucking forget it get him in the box calling the game with Richie and Bull
No one will ever replace Steve Waugh.

I just.. grew into cricket when he was around.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6792|Noizyland

1927 wrote:

Malinga the slinga - I'd hate to face him he'd snap me in half like a big dude in prison.  How you supposed to train for a ball that comes at you 90mph from round the corner.

Set up a bowling machine and hold it at a 60 degree angle?

I'd be gobsmacked if NZ bowl Sri Lanka out for 220, 30/40/50 runs too less.  I hope they do beat them as Im always for the underdogs.
Bah, what a collapse at the end there for NZ. Oh well, their fielding work has been pretty good, you never know there may be a surprise upset like with South Africa. Sri Lanka do deserve the win, you've got to give 'em that. I don't like their fans' banners though, they seem unnecessarily aggravating. I'm used to seeing signs waved to support one team but not so used to seeing them to diss the other. The only support sign I saw from the few NZ fans was "We need more beer!".

Not going to watch the rest, it's past 2am and I was meant to be doing work anyway.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Spark
+874|6692|Canberra, AUS

tazz. wrote:

1927 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

No one will ever replace Steve Waugh.

I just.. grew into cricket when he was around.
Allan Border > Steve Waugh.

Anyway, exciting times ahead. Don't see many wins given our schedule but I think these two could forge something really good in the years to come. AB style.

Anyway tonight... India vs. Pakistan. God, talk about a game that ties up the world... that's about a quarter of the world's population that will be watching one match this evening.

Last edited by Spark (2011-03-29 22:13:49)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
1.5 billion people they reckon watching it in IND and PAK

Who knows how the loosing teams fans will react afterwards.

Gutted Im out on site working but as soon as its done Im coming back home to watch it

Indias batsmen vs Pakistans bowlers
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6650

sup bwois
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6590

who won then?
The Indians - The Final (Saturday) will be a cracker.  The first time its been an all Asian final.  Ive always liked India and hope they win the final.  I hope Tendulka gets his 100th century plus score.

Well played Pakistan btw, let down by your batsmen and not bagging Tendulka when you had the chance/s.

Huge celebrations in India tonight across the country - the place will erupt on Saturday if they win it.  Its usually held on a Sunday, or at least thats what I have remembered from the past, but a link I read said Saturday

1927 wrote:

1.5 billion people they reckon watching it in IND and PAK

Who knows how the loosing teams fans will react afterwards.

Gutted Im out on site working but as soon as its done Im coming back home to watch it

Indias batsmen vs Pakistans bowlers
As it turned out this happened

Drop the vinyl at a customers monday eve on the way home from work.  Was working out on site all day yesterday; didnt go to work till 4pm.  Turned up the customers this morning to signwrite the van and the customer has done it for me.  Safe as fuck.  I'll knock some dolla off it.  Im home already - watching India vs Pakistan.  Its great being your own boss, once in a while.  lol Each to our own what we do with a day off I suppose, not everyones cup of team, but over 1.5 Billion others are watching it

Last edited by 1927 (2011-03-30 13:44:11)

Spark
+874|6692|Canberra, AUS
lol pakistani fielding
~ Richard Feynman

Spark wrote:

lol pakistani fielding
The sub continent teams have always been absolutley shit at it.  I thought Pakistan had turned a corner with theirs and learned how it wins matches
Spark
+874|6692|Canberra, AUS
nah, they're just deadset retarded when it comes to fielding. they're good one day, woeful the next.

SL are good, the occasionall aberrations aside.
~ Richard Feynman
Come on India.

Beat the silly Sri Lankans with their silly names.

Come on Sach mate, 100 100's
Spark
+874|6692|Canberra, AUS
want sl to win. world's most likeable and awesome team.

also don't want sachin to get his 100th 100... that should come on boxing day.
~ Richard Feynman
Two things happening today:

IPL starts up again.  I have a sneaky feeling it will be the best ever this year with what India winning the WC last weekend.

English domestic season starts properly today with the start of the LDV cunty championship

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard