Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

"As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the president to come for these few days," the first lady told a crowd of people involved in the Chicago project, "so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home."
Well thank you Michelle, I would think it a great burden to take an all expense paid tripe to Europe, stay at 5 star hotels, have dozens of people waiting on me, and on and on.

People are dying in Afghanistan and Iraq, kids are getting killed in the streets of Chicago, people are broke. You are not a lamb being led to slaughter. Than again her husband winning the nom for Democrat Pres chioce was the first time in her adult life she was proud to be American afterall.

Bitch am I right?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Macbeth wrote:

"As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the president to come for these few days," the first lady told a crowd of people involved in the Chicago project, "so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home."
Well thank you Michelle, I would think it a great burden to take an all expense paid tripe to Europe, stay at 5 star hotels, have dozens of people waiting on me, and on and on.

People are dying in Afghanistan and Iraq, kids are getting killed in the streets of Chicago, people are broke. You are not a lamb being led to slaughter. Than again her husband winning the nom for Democrat Pres chioce was the first time in her adult life she was proud to be American afterall.

Bitch am I right?
Yup yer right nothing more to add to that.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686
For the first time in my life... i'm proud of all the sacrifices the first lady is making for us...lol
Love is the answer
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
They dropped Chicago in the first round, what does that tell ya about the Oprah's and the Obama's influence abroad regarding their unsuccessful attempt at paint Chicago as somthing more than a northern version of New Orleans. Corrupt govt and out of control crime. No one believes their bullshit anymore, not even for the Olympics.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Haha, it's Chicago, not Camden. You guys are being worse than the Bush-bashers were. It's the Olympics ffs...
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
i have no idea why you want the olympics again so soon.  its gotta go to africa then to south asia before it goes north america again.

and even then its canada's turn.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

the little trip to Copenhagen cost us $ 1.2 million ................................ fucker better have brought me back a snow globe
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD
chicago isn't that dangerous, just avoid the poor neighborhoods.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6449|Somewhere else

I think it's a reference to all the shit the President has been receiving for "wasting" time on the olympics when the nation is busy in economic straits and healthcare debate... and war.

I see it as saying "this is important too, and important to us"

But I doubt it was much of a compromise for The ladies.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6380|'Murka

I wouldn't have much of a problem with it if it had been tied to some kind of state/diplomatic related function. All that logisitics, movement, security, people, planning, fuel, etc...so he could say "pretty please hold the Olympics in Chicago".

His handlers are usually soooo much smarter than that.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
nlsme1
+32|5387

lowing wrote:

They dropped Chicago in the first round, what does that tell ya about the Oprah's and the Obama's influence abroad regarding their unsuccessful attempt at paint Chicago as somthing more than a northern version of New Orleans. Corrupt govt and out of control crime. No one believes their bullshit anymore, not even for the Olympics.
Chicago losing was not Chicago's fault. More to do with the disputes between the IOC and US Olympic committee.
nlsme1
+32|5387

SEREMAKER wrote:

the little trip to Copenhagen cost us $ 1.2 million ................................ fucker better have brought me back a snow globe
I bet you would have complained if he hadn't done anything. If you wouldn't, someone would.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

nlsme1 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

I bet you would have complained if he hadn't done anything. If you wouldn't, someone would.
I don't really see the point in going before the IOC and groveling before their feet to host an Olympics. Eventually they would come to us and ask us to host. If they didn't, well, they'd eventually lose a lot of the American audience. Can't have that.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

JohnG@lt wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

I don't really see the point in going before the IOC and groveling before their feet to host an Olympics. Eventually they would come to us and ask us to host. If they didn't, well, they'd eventually lose a lot of the American audience. Can't have that.
Yeah because the Olympics is all about tv ratings... lmao
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

Yeah because the Olympics is all about tv ratings... lmao
Are your Olympic qualifying competitions hosted on national television during prime time? The Olympics are all hype.

You think they were recreated altruistically to showcase athletics in obscure events that 0.0001% of the world population has played? No. Someone smelled money to be made.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

Wow you actually believe that.

You do know that the first televised Olympics was the '36 Berlin games, right?

Guess all the ones before it were only played for the profit to be made with ticket prices.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6663|San Francisco
Olympics = economy boost for the area hosting the games along with quite a bit of job creation, plus gives a modicum of national identity and morale when held in your own country.  Definitely a worthy cause, especially for our economy this day in age.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Guess all the ones before it were only played for the profit to be made with ticket prices.
Well, hard to televise events when television doesn't exist

It may have started off as a noble enterprise but it is nothing more than a money grab now.

Here, read this article: http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/columns/s … id=4522517
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

JohnG@lt wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Well, hard to televise events when television doesn't exist

It may have started off as a noble enterprise but it is nothing more than a money grab now.

Here, read this article: http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/columns/s … id=4522517
None of which backs up your original claim that "Eventually they would come to us and ask us to host. If they didn't, well, they'd eventually lose a lot of the American audience. Can't have that."

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

None of which backs up your original claim that "Eventually they would come to us and ask us to host. If they didn't, well, they'd eventually lose a lot of the American audience. Can't have that."

So you obviously like the current way the IOC does business then? You like the bribes, the kickbacks and the millions of dollars wasted by local governments trying to woo the Olympics?

I know you hate America but get over it. Not hosting the Olympics would not hurt our national prestige, but not hosting the Olympics would also eventually lower TV ratings from a disinterested American audience and with that goes a lot of ad revenue.
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

JohnG@lt wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

So you obviously like the current way the IOC does business then? You like the bribes, the kickbacks and the millions of dollars wasted by local governments trying to woo the Olympics?

I know you hate America but get over it. Not hosting the Olympics would not hurt our national prestige, but not hosting the Olympics would also eventually lower TV ratings from a disinterested American audience and with that goes a lot of ad revenue.
Obvious Rio just bribed the IOC, then? ha

Do you think any ad revenue was lost during the last Olympics by the US? You know, since it was held in Beijing and all. I mean, it was hosted by the evil Communist Chinese let's remember. No American would want to watch it then. lol

Oh and I'm sure Michael Phelps didn't get any US sponsorship deals out of it at all.

Yeah, clearly because the US didn't win the right to host those tv audiences will plummet and the whole Olympic organisation will go bankrupt. lol
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Obvious Rio just bribed the IOC, then? ha

Do you think any ad revenue was lost during the last Olympics by the US? You know, since it was held in Beijing and all. I mean, it was hosted by the evil Communist Chinese let's remember. No American would want to watch it then. lol

Oh and I'm sure Michael Phelps didn't get any US sponsorship deals out of it at all.

Yeah, clearly because the US didn't win the right to host those tv audiences will plummet and the whole Olympic organisation will go bankrupt. lol
I said it would happen on a long enough time scale, not overnight, and not because we didn't get 2016. Go 20 years without us hosting an Olympic event and you'll see a drastic difference in the ratings, trust me.
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

JohnG@lt wrote:

I said it would happen on a long enough time scale, not overnight, and not because we didn't get 2016. Go 20 years without us hosting an Olympic event and you'll see a drastic difference in the ratings, trust me.
Which according to you would lead the IOC to come begging to the US to host a game. I really can't see that happening.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Which according to you would lead the IOC to come begging to the US to host a game. I really can't see that happening.
Yep. Even if it doesn't happen, it's far better than wasting millions of dollars just to get your foot in the door at the IOC.
-Frederick Bastiat
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686
Brazil is making fun of Obama... bastards lol
https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b90/catbox777/creu.jpg

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/10/02/br … s-we-creu/

bunch of brazillian racists...

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2009-10-02 22:52:19)

Love is the answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard