globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
I think I'll contact my friends, asking if we buy the four-pack again, like we did with the first game.
That way we would get it even cheaper now with the pre-order (33€ instead of 49€ for each of us four, ~32,5% off).

Also, when my friend bought the four-pack of L4D1, some weird bug occurred and he actually got 5 copies subscribed to his Steam account.
Hopefully this will happen again.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Valve Announces $25 Mil Left 4 Dead 2 Ad Campaign

Dear Valve.

How about spending that god damn money on fixing the first game.

Sincerely,

L4D playerbase.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Dear Valve.

Sincerely,

L4D playerbase.
I still don't exactly see how the first game is "broke"

you may post 15 seconds ago
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Dear Valve.

Sincerely,

L4D playerbase.

Have you played it?
Or should I say, tried to have played it then after about 30 minutes finally played one game where the whole team quit after 1 game?
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6439

Peter wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Dear Valve.

Sincerely,

L4D playerbase.

Have you played it?
Or should I say, tried to have played it then after about 30 minutes finally played one game where the whole team quit after 1 game?
Yes.

I really don't see how it's broken at all. I think most people are baawww-ing that it didn't get as much free updates as TF2 did, which I would like to add had more to do with Mircosoft's greed than Valve's.

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2009-10-05 11:46:31)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Lets see now. Off the top of my head theres:

Hanging as a survivor when the ground is 2 feet below you? Only getting control of the tank after the AI has helpfully lost half your health and set itself on fire? Getting stuck above the witch as a hunter? The witch running off in completely the wrong way when startled? Boomer bile disappearing mid air if the boomer is meleed? The boomer explosion sometimes hitting nobody at all when he's airborne? Melee not working on crouched common infected? Survivors/Infected COMPLETELY blocking ladders? The Smoker in general (completely broken). Trying to melee a teammate to help when you have the first aid kit out instead tries to heal them, resulting in much time wasted. Physics objects flying off into the air at unpredictable angles when you're the tank. The tank throwing rocks through walls. The fact that the survivors are able to outrun certain panic events causing zero zombies to appear in front of them for the rest of the level.

You know, that sort of thing. Things that really ruin games, and happen very often. Things you somehow fail to notice.

And then there's balance problems. The ever present closet/corner camping being the most effective 'strategy' in the game. The Witch being a total and utter non-threat. The boomer now being a mostly non-threat due to the vastly increased numbers of molotovs and pipe-bombs littering the levels. The extreme survivor bias in general, despite the original goal to make it extremely infected biased (listen to the commentary). The fact that the Autoshotgun seems to be able to counter any problem in the game with ease. A terrible scoring system. It's a complete mess.

And that's not even mentioning how stupidly difficult it is to get a game going.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6439
Hooray for small bugs and/or bugs that I've never seen happen.

Also it was never meant for the infected to win 50% of the time, that's why there is a scoring system, because the infected's job is more to hinder the survivors than to completely halt them.

Yes the closet strat can be OP, but it never works for long in finales (when it could be the most OP) due to tanks. Boomer is, from my observation, the most effective of them all, if you get boomed on in versus, you're going to get hit a whole bunch.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624
oh doctor strangelove, it's been so long since you've made an unnecessarily bad post.

DSL wrote:

Also it was never meant for the infected to win 50% of the time,

Yoda wrote:

despite the original goal to make it extremely infected biased (listen to the commentary)
Disregarding that, it doesn't even matter what valve "intended", what matters is whether or not the game itself works properly.
The closet strategy is simply broken. If I have to put it in your logic to make you understand: valve never intended for all four survivors to stand inside of each other in a small room making them almost invincible. And whether or not you have or have not noticed those bugs makes absolutely fuck all difference.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Plus, the thing that annoys me the most about this game was summed up in a sentence at the end. The rest is annoying, and makes you wonder wtf the L4D team spends their time doing, but you can shrug it off. But this:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

And that's not even mentioning how stupidly difficult it is to get a game going.
Is inexcusable. The game has been out for almost a year now and we still often find ourselves waiting in a lobby for upwards of 15 minutes with nobody joining. The number of times recently that i've started the game up, waited in a lobby for 10 minutes and then closed the game again in frustration is just too much. Valve keep saying they're "improving" the matchmaking/lobby system, but its STILL flat out broken.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-10-05 13:06:46)

Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6314

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Plus, the thing that annoys me the most about this game was summed up in a sentence at the end. The rest is annoying, and makes you wonder wtf the L4D team spends their time doing, but you can shrug it off. But this:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Is inexcusable. The game has been out for almost a year now and we still often find ourselves waiting in a lobby for upwards of 15 minutes with nobody joining. The number of times recently that i've started the game up, waited in a lobby for 10 minutes and then closed the game again in frustration is just too much. Valve keep saying they're "improving" the matchmaking/lobby system, but its STILL flat out broken.
Oh god, I hate the matchmaking. It made me quit the game. It´s fucking impossible to properly start a game. Why the fuck should I wait for 10 minutes to fucking start the game when there are other games who let me play after 2mins of loading?! Not to mention the frustration you experience when you joined a game so full of retards, it makes you quit after 5 min.
I convinced my best friend to buy this game, so we could play together and now I feel bad that he spent the money because I told him so.

I did get some funny times out of it, but just thinking of joining a game now makes me shit my pants in pure anger

I will never EVER understand why someone though matchmaking is a better system than a regular serverbrowser.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard