Kez
+778|5701|London, UK
So my first lesson is on Saturday, any tips?

That aern't don't crash or something silly that I won't do!!!!!
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6631

left pedal is the accelerator, right one is the brake.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5752|Roma
He is not american man.

ohh i see what you did there.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2009-10-01 13:57:20)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

When in doubt, go flat out.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6106|Birmingham, UK
bribe the instructor, or flirt with him.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6631

SEREVENT wrote:

elaboration:

hj = free lesson
bj = 2 free lessons
go all the way, and you get 3.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6618|Mhz

Gooners wrote:

left pedal is the accelerator, right one is the brake.
He'll be driving a real car, they have 3 pedals

Best thing is just to stay calm, the more relaxed you are the easier it is, I found when i got tense I fucked up a lot more, makes you concentrate less too. Oh and going faster does not make you more cool
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6631

if your instructor tells you you're doing something wrong, tell him to fuck off, then start speeding.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
Alcohol is a very good stimulant that enhances your acumen and reaction time. It's much like taking an amphetamine for concentration. You should buy a breathalyzer and make sure your breath is at least .08 BAC (Basic Attention Competency).
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6106|Birmingham, UK

Gooners wrote:

if your instructor tells you you're doing something wrong, tell him to fuck off, then start speeding.
this
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6131
Don't worry about it. Just know most kids go in thinking the instructors want to see a safe driver who will make cautious decisions. This is wrong. Instructors want to see a driver who has huge balls. If you really want to impress the instructor try playing chicken with cars in the oncoming traffic. Maybe halfway through close your eyes and drive with your knees. Showing the instructor you're able to multitask is also a good idea. Try lighting a cigarette while changing the radio. Maybe have a staring contest during the drive.

Or you could just play it safe. Sure you won't wow anyone with your massive balls, but you'll probably do just fine.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6271
Pedestrians aren't points.
aimless
+166|6123|Texas
Don't be aware of your surroundings. Don't pay attention to your mirrors, speed, or the road/cars in front of you. And by all means if you phone rings, answer it.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6106|Birmingham, UK

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

Pedestrians aren't points.
oh?

Last edited by SEREVENT (2009-10-01 14:09:18)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK
better to rev slightly too much when releasing the clutch than reving too low and stalling.
Kez
+778|5701|London, UK

Gooners wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

elaboration:

hj = free lesson
bj = 2 free lessons
Don't matter because my Dad's paying for all of them as it is my birthday present
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
use the force...
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6467

Kez wrote:

Gooners wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

elaboration:

hj = free lesson
bj = 2 free lessons
Don't matter because my Dad's paying for all of them as it is my birthday present
You should respect your dad for what he does for you.

All those sexual services so you could drive a car.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California
If your driving a stick, and I figure you are... I think its really not a bad idea to read up on what the fuck a clutch is, and what is all going on down there... Completely unnecessary but I have always found it easier to do things when you actually know what it is your trying to do.

There isn't a whole lot to be said for when you first learn to operate a car, its pretty fucking simple (well depending on the car working the clutch takes a little practice) and the instructor will tell you what you need.

Don't know if your instructor will be into it, but I think the best thing to do is to start by stalling the car (not that you wont do that anyways). Do it with out even trying to drive it though. Put it in first on flat ground, and very slowly, very smoothly let out the clutch. The first little bit nothing will happen, once the clutch starts to engage the RPMs will dip slightly (easist to see with gauge, but if you listen carefully you can hear too). The car will try to start moving forward at that point, some can actually get rolling with no throttle... if the one you drive can this is a really good way to get used to the engagement point. You guys get little anemic cars though so it will probably stall, thats ok... but pay attention to were on the clutch it stalls, and what that felt like. Your basically going to do the same thing again, but use the throttle to keep the revs up.

Thats pretty much it. Just driving a car around is the easiest fucking thing ever... The only part that is actually hard is dealing with other traffic, but that is just memorizing the laws and watching for the idiots. Its only such a big deal because they ARE potentially dangerous machines, and you will end up driving daily for the next 30+ years, so the risk adds up over time...

That leads me to my last point... Not necessarily a tip for your class, but more for your whole driving career. Use your head and think. Avoid unnecessary risks. Yes, you can drive in someones blind spot just fine, and they probably wont do anything. Even if they did its usually pretty easy to avoid/get out of the way/honk and make them realize/ect... But you will encounter that situation thousands or even millions of times from now till you are too old to drive. It may be a 0.0000001% chance that it will end badly, but of your driving every day from 16 to 60 how many times are you taking that chance? It WILL catch up eventually. Driving safely ins't just going slow or following the laws, its realizing when your creating a situation that increases risk and limiting that... (with in reason)
Laika
+75|5942
If you're nervous or paranoid about driving like I was when I first started, just think "vroom vroom" and pretend you're driving a racecar (without driving like an idiot). That helped me with my nerves and made driving more fun.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
engine braking is your friend. Learn it and get used to it.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
Both hands on the wheel until you are good.
The accelerator is sensitive, treat it as such.
No cops around? Floor it.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California

Ataronchronon wrote:

If you're nervous or paranoid about driving like I was when I first started, just think "vroom vroom" and pretend you're driving a racecar (without driving like an idiot). That helped me with my nerves and made driving more fun.
I'd say if your nervous about it find a local autocross.

TBH everyone should do that once anyways. Fairly cheap, no real danger to the car, they will have loaner helmets and its a nice safe place to legally see what you and the car can do. An excellent place to get comfortable behind the wheel TBH.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6576|Columbus, OH
Tell the driving instructor your call-sign is Maverick.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6472|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Start singing to Deep purple - Speed king while your driving. Faith no more - Collision also works.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard