RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
yea theyve slowly been going  downhill
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
“If we look out five or ten years, it’s going to seem odd for a company to call itself “something-tech,” says CEO Bracken Darrell. “There will be tech in your clothing, in your shoes, in your tires. To be Logitech at that point will seem awfully 1980s.”
https://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Logi_RGB-copy-289x337.jpg
It takes decades to build a famous brand name but just one MBA holder to destroy it.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
That logo looks like a bespectacled face with a shifted smile, holding its hands to the temples, with a pen pointing at the viewer in one hand.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
I actually had a RAM failure 0_0

I was under the impression that was pretty rare but it was 10 years old after all.  I got close to 2 million errors in Memtest86+, reseated it, same thing.  I bought these to replace it and the whole computer has never been faster or more stable with Windows 10 Pro preview
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

this may take awhile . . .

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/62043/win10.JPG
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

this thing is fayest. i'm still not sold on it being free.

Free Windows
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Anybody who wants to upgrade faster than Microsoft is pushing the download, you can go here and get the downloader/upgrader/ISO creator all-in-one tool and use it to upgrade.  That's how I got mine
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

I just upgraded my computer from 7 to 10. Will see how quickly I upgrade the remaining systems in my house.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3341
I've been reading about problems with Nvidia drivers, so I think I'll wait a few weeks just to be sure. I don't know that I could survive a few weeks without reking ur mum boom headshot.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
It went fine for me and my GTX 970.  I updated them to the latest ones, rated for Windows 10, before upgrading to Windows 10 and then I just had to restart again and I was fine.  No forced drivers through Windows update or anything.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2015-08-02 02:51:35)

Pocshy2.0
+23|3341
So I've made the switch to Windows 10 after making sure everything I use normally is compatible, or so I thought. Whoever worked on the audio/recording code fucked it so thoroughly that God's velvet hand could not have fingerbanged it harder. Jesus fuck. Every time I restart there is a new sound setting, a new device that doesn't work, a playback stuck on. It's truly unicorn code. I ran mumble while playing CS and it created an infinite loop between my mic and my speakers that crashed my whole fucking computer. A+ effort, Microsoft. I would recommend it to a friend if I wanted to collect the insurance money.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

what's the benefit of upgrading?
Pocshy2.0
+23|3341
Supposedly runs faster, and gets rid of all of the stupid apps page bullshit they're trying to push. Also allows multiple desktops, which is really what I wanted it for.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

remember to turn off seeding updates.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
What happened to Windows 9?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
What is the point of multiple desktops?
Pocshy2.0
+23|3341

tazz. wrote:

remember to turn off seeding updates.
Good advice. Dealt with.

Also, to add to your fix list: the forum 'forgot your password' emailer no longer works. I need a new password to log into my old account.

EDIT- Mac, I wanted multiple desktops to use one for work, one for dicking around on, and one for audio editing. Just keeps a single workspace from looking like a total clusterfuck with 20 programs open.

Last edited by Pocshy2.0 (2015-08-03 11:17:44)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Multiple desktops as in multiple PCs running one iteration of Windows?  I guess from a cost perspective that's a good reason.

I have windows 7 and it doesn't run apps.  I still see no reason to upgrade.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
We still have a few computers in my office running XP due to their ability to run ancient, but still critical, software.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Pocshy2.0
+23|3341

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Multiple desktops as in multiple PCs running one iteration of Windows?  I guess from a cost perspective that's a good reason.

KEN, not quite. It allows multiple workspaces (basically your desktop set-up upon start-up) to be switched between, with the advantage being that you can keep programs and windows separated. It does not allow one Windows download to run multiple machines (physical computers). It allows multiple virtual machines, in other words.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

KEN, not quite. It allows multiple workspaces (basically your desktop set-up upon start-up) to be switched between, with the advantage being that you can keep programs and windows separated. It does not allow one Windows download to run multiple machines (physical computers). It allows multiple virtual machines, in other words.
How is that different from setting up Remote Desktop?
-Frederick Bastiat
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Is it not just a visual representation of running programs (like Linux has has forever)? Like Pochsy said, all music related programs on one "screen", all school work on another "screen", etc.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
So it's like swiping right and left on a smart phone screen to access different app lists?
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Sounds cool. I am assuming that since it is running virtual machines, if a program fucks up in one window, it won't lock up the whole computer? You can set up a single program to run across all machines like Antivirus? Any issues with firewalls or AV? Such a new thing for Windows that it sounds like it can be a security nightmare.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

What would be a good ~$50 headset with a mic and a 3,5mm plugin? Need a new headset at work since the current one doesn't work with my LG G3.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard