GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6413|Finland

bugz wrote:

Pretty sure there's a pin bent on my mobo causing it to only recognize 4/6 DIMMs
Doesn't have to be bent pin. Poor contact with some of the pins results in the same. I have seen plenty LGA1366 socket owners with that problem (poor contact with cpu and socket pins without even bent pins). Remove the cooler and CPU and reinstall them. And screw in the cooler a bit harder than usual. Do the same with the ram sticks just to be sure.

While doing that, check the socket condition too. But I wouldn't worry about too much, yet. Problem usually is cooler putting uneven pressure to the CPU and part of the CPU doesn't press against the pins properly.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2012-05-13 02:46:59)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6311

It's so hard to tell when looking at the socket, I hope you're right.

My plan today is to reseat the heatsink (have to go buy some rubbing alcohol first). I just did that a couple days ago though since I bought a new heatsink. Tightened the screws as far as they would go and got the same error of 4/6 DIMMs recognized. I loosened each screw by a quarter turn each and the problem went away. Rebooted a couple hours later and got the error again. Repeated the loosen a quarter turn a couple times but no luck.

I'm hoping the reseat fixes it. Really don't want to spend the money on a new mobo right now (and there's no 1366 mobos in stock locally so I'd have to order one in).

Almost tempted to get a benching platform cause it's a pain in the ass to do maintenance on the innards of my machine with a full tower case
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5749|شمال

bugz wrote:

Almost tempted to get a benching platform cause it's a pain in the ass to do maintenance on the innards of my machine with a full tower case
come at meh brah...

Last edited by Beduin (2012-05-13 07:30:32)

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6413|Finland

Started on a new job couple weeks ago. Sys manager/admin with everything even remotely related to PCs, coding and electronics.
And suddenly the studying seems so easy... but hey, I can't say no to money!
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6311

Bent the pin back to it's original position with an eyeglasses screwdriver. Reseated the heatsink. All fixed from what I can tell

Grats on the job position Panzer.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6340|Atlanta, Georgia
I didnt know this but with Win7 if you go to the search bar and type 'psr" it opens up a recording device that captures a picture of your screen everytime you click and saves in a handy HTML file. There you can add notes to show people how to do things...

*Mind blown*
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black
Holy bad fucking quality Batman

https://i.imgur.com/oyCCC.png

also Licecap

https://i.imgur.com/C7f8l.gif
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4967|Dundee, Scotland.

Finray wrote:

Holy bad fucking quality Batman

also Licecap
you only know about licecap cause I showed you it ya cunt
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
I have a 4 terabyte graphics card according to EVGA Precision.

https://i.imgur.com/K1JSs.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
Whats a good solid reliable laptop these days?

My ex-gf needs something sensible for email, web surfing and not much else, she has MS so I guess a good keyboard would be a plus.
Nothing fancy, but needs to last and be robust if possible....
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Benzin
+576|5997
I'll be buying a Lenovo Thinkpad X230 in September but that's probably a bit more than she needs...
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Dilbert_X wrote:

My ex-gf
Lol getting used much?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

lol
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black
or broke up on good terms

or broke up long time ago and are hooking up

but probably getting used
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England
Quite.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
I was looking for laptop advice, not life coaching, if I were I'd take Sh1fty's advice before yours.

Thanks again.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

lol
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria
I have finally switched to Google Chrome for good.
Firefox has become a bloated, slow... thing.

All the most important plugins are availble on Chrome too are, or alternatives are available.

The only thing that is different and apparently can't be changed is to always open bookmarks from the bookmark toolbar in a new tab.
Google seems to have omitted such an option for the past 3 years now.

Guess I need to adapt to use the middle button.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5749|شمال

globefish23 wrote:

All the most important plugins are availble on Chrome too are, or alternatives are available.

The only thing that is different and apparently can't be changed is to always open bookmarks from the bookmark toolbar in a new tab.

use speed dial
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria

Beduin wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

use speed dial
I haven't found any option to customize the click-behavior on bookmark mark toolbar items.
Also, I don't want that new tab page thingie; I prefer to have plain, white about:blank everywhere.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

I wish I purchased an early batch of the eVGA 670 SC.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6311

how come?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

mini-recall by eVGA for the overclocked version of the 670.  Some have reported getting the FTW as replacement.  Apparently, the mini-PCB's are the culprit if the 670 is OC'ed.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
Fuck. I was gonna buy one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard