13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6559

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Camm wrote:

it's the best tablet you can get. and cheaper than any tablet that can match it spec for spec.
There are tablets that can match it in every spec except GPU for cheaper. It only needs that more powerful GPU because of the resolution, there are tablets out there with faster processors and more RAM etc.

Realistically, the display is the only thing the Ipad 3 has over any other tablet (including the ipad 2)
http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/07/the- … -official/

i love my android tab. 4G, 32gb +32gb sdcard, 10.1 1280x800 display, tegra 2 proc. i would be tempted to trade it for the ipad 3. but i wouldn't buy it. i've rooted my tab, and it has a micro usb for loading a thumb drive, hdmi out, and i can side load any app i want.

if i wanted to be tethered to iTunes, i'd buy a mac book air.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6729

I've never used iTunes other than a place to hold and sync my kid's iPods.  Any real reason to be tethered to iTunes?  I have virtually all my music that I listen to on various other methods, including cloud.  Practicall all my android apps are through Amazon.  And one of these days, I'll setup my Pogoplug device.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,975|6694|949

I don't like iTunes at all. Its just a necessary evil to sync my phone/iPod. The only reason beyond having to sync devices would be user preference. My personal preference is WMP.

Ilocano wrote:

I've never used iTunes other than a place to hold and sync my kid's iPods.  Any real reason to be tethered to iTunes?  I have virtually all my music that I listen to on various other methods, including cloud.  Practicall all my android apps are through Amazon.  And one of these days, I'll setup my Pogoplug device.
im diggin that amazon cloud myself.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6667|Greenwood, IN
I know this isn't that big of a deal, but I just discovered my phone has Shoutcast radio built in.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6801|Toronto | Canada

wait, did it get siri? i thought that was one of the big new things? :S

but it does have nice specs.  hopefully other tablet makers will come out with bigger resolutions now
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

...were they actually not able to think of a name for it?

'the new ipad'. really?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6729

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

im diggin that amazon cloud myself.
Yeah, compression level good enough for me.  Unlimited storage for any mp3 purchased through Amazon.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|6027|London, England

is that a gift for me?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6559

y/n?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6349036/newbuild.JPG
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6211|'straya
The video card seems a bit low end compared to the CPU/Mobo.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6559

yes. my only requirement was eyefinity (i have 3 monitor setup). this build will handle image editing mostly.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6211|'straya

13urnzz wrote:

yes. my only requirement was eyefinity (i have 3 monitor setup). this build will handle image editing mostly.
Fair enough then.

e: If it was for gaming then I would've said drop back to a 2600k and grab something like a HD7870. But if you're using mostly CPU intensive programs then it's great

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2012-03-07 19:33:44)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6559

i currently have a Q6600 with a 5850, 8 gb ram. this machine will be a media box for my card room.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6374

Times have changed...BF2s HTPC build recommendations 2ish years ago would have been an E5400 with an Asus EAH3450 and 2-4GB of RAM
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6559

@ LBJ - photoshop's a memory hog. i wanted a platform that would have room to grow (64gb max for this board) and lga2011 will be around for a bit .

@ bugz - my wife said "don't you dare fuck with my computer, hook it to the TV in the basement for all i care" which gave me the idea =P
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6451
https://i.imgur.com/CaXqN.jpg
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6451
You can plug a USB3.0 external hdd into a USB2.0 port right?
If the price is the same, why would anyone purchase the USB2.0 over the USB3.0?
I understand the speed of the USB3.0 device plugged into a USB2.0 port will run at 2.0 speed, but if you upgrade your PC in the future you can then take advantage of the 3.0 speed.
Am I missing something?
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|5030|Dundee, Scotland.

west-phoenix-az wrote:

You can plug a USB3.0 external hdd into a USB2.0 port right?
If the price is the same, why would anyone purchase the USB2.0 over the USB3.0?
I understand the speed of the USB3.0 device plugged into a USB2.0 port will run at 2.0 speed, but if you upgrade your PC in the future you can then take advantage of the 3.0 speed.
Am I missing something?
yeah, usb 3 has backwards compatibility with usb2.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
As for the iPad arguments, I'm no apple fan boy (yes, I have a 4S, and an iPad 2) but the thing that really makes the iPad stand out is the fact that the hardware and operating system are developed in tandem. This gives apple and edge over most other tablets. Android is licensed to loads of manufacturers, and as such, isn't going to run as sweetly as iOS on the iPad.

Anyway, my iPad 2 is good enough for me. Sure, that resolution on "the new iPad" is pretty sweet, but I don't need that. I'm still loving my iPad and all the fun shit I can do with it.
Benzin
+576|6060
Yea, the thing with Apple vs. Android/Windows/Windows Phone is that you make trade-offs regardless of what product you buy. Apple (and Windows Phone) have more controlled environments and that gives them the possibility of optimization that you can't do on Windows/Android, because each of those platforms has to support a larger base by nature, which also requires more openness from Google and Microsoft and that has direct benefits for your more tech-savvy consumers.

It's a give and take, people, just like in every aspect of life. Just realize this and don't be a fanboi for any platform.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

CapnNismo wrote:

Yea, the thing with Apple vs. Android/Windows/Windows Phone is that you make trade-offs regardless of what product you buy. Apple (and Windows Phone) have more controlled environments and that gives them the possibility of optimization that you can't do on Windows/Android, because each of those platforms has to support a larger base by nature, which also requires more openness from Google and Microsoft and that has direct benefits for your more tech-savvy consumers.

It's a give and take, people, just like in every aspect of life. Just realize this and don't be a fanboi for any platform.
Yep, I really am no fanboy. I use windows on my pc, can't stand OSX. But I have two iOS devices (My iTouch broke, I had a nano before that). It's all about preference. If I want to spend £400 on an iPad and £35/month on a nice phone, don't have a dig at me!
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

now if only steve could fix you posting everything 4 times
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6559

Camm wrote:

Android is licensed to loads of manufacturers, and as such, isn't going to run as sweetly as iOS on the iPad.
can you connect a thumbdrive to an iPad? anything USB?

with my Xoom unlocked and rooted, i can install any customized kernel and ROM that i want, and there are drivers for just about any USB device imaginable (i can tether my camera to my tablet).

i see your argument as a selling point for Android and a knock against ios/apple. but then again, i am not afraid to feed myself.

i don't need apple to spoon feed me what they think i will use my tablet for.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard