Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

An inmate whose execution was halted when executioners failed to get the needle into a vein after an unprecedented two hours of trying is traumatised, and trying to put him to death again in a week could spell disaster, his lawyer said.

Romell Broom is still recovering from Tuesday's prolonged execution attempt and is physically and emotionally spent, his lawyer, Adele Shank, said yesterday.

"It went so badly when he was walking in without injured veins, to go forward so soon afterward just seems to be inviting disaster," Shank said.

Ohio governor Ted Strickland's decision to stop Tuesday's execution and grant a one-week reprieve appeared to be unprecedented since capital punishment was declared constitutional and the US resumed executions in the 1970s.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/se … raumatised
Just saw the story on CNN, he's asking the Supreme Court to not execute him. Rape and killed a 14 year old girl. Am I the only one who wouldn't have complained if a guard put the man on his knees and shot him or cut him throat?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

no.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Whatever happened to a good ol' hanging or firing squad?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

mtb0minime wrote:

Whatever happened to a good ol' hanging or firing squad?
Too inhumane
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6108|Birmingham, UK
No one made him rape...

His problem.
TrueMusou
+36|6162|United States Of Hamerica
The problem with executions is that WE want to make it more "humane" when we kill the people whose crime committed was not the least humane. I seriously would prefer executions to be a bullet in the head...quick an easy. then mail the bill for the bullet to relatives.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.
If I had to choose how to be executed

Firing Squad > Lethal Injection > Hanging > Electric Chair

A couple of bullets to the head is sure to get the job done quick and easy.

Also, traumatised? Who the fuck cares, he's gonna be dead soon.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85
I have to say, that is fucked up. I agree that there are more humane methods than lethal injection, but now that we fucked this up so badly I don't know that we should put him to death.

Hunting for a vein for 2 hours is the definition of cruel and unusual.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

His veins are either really determined not to get injected, or they need better nurses.
TrueMusou
+36|6162|United States Of Hamerica

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I have to say, that is fucked up. I agree that there are more humane methods than lethal injection, but now that we fucked this up so badly I don't know that we should put him to death.

The problem is you don't have trained medical professionals doing it.

We, as man kind spent DECADES to perfect the most efficient way to kill a man. We spent billions of dollars on R&D and QC and we've come up with the GUN and bullet. Why not used this tried and tested tool to KILL PEOPLE!!!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

l2phlebotomy, tbh
Wreckognize
+294|6486
We bomb small brown children in third world countries overseas yet we can't spare a bullet for our most heinous of criminals?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

Utah executed gilmore by firing squad.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
hollow point 300gr 45-70 to the back of the head no pain or stress there, just put plastic down first or do it outside in a field
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6718|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
In states whree execution is legal it should be manditory to have a back up plan if the first method doesn't/won't work for some reason.  In this case if the needle wouldn't go in, just put him against the chamber wall and shoot him.  Also, he chose to rape and kill a 14 year old, and this is his punishment.  Just because it failed the first time does not mean we say "oh well, someone screwed up, you're free".  It means we try again until the punishment is carried out.

Or instead of having a backup plan we could just set up an automated minigun in a bullet proof room.  Two people in another room with two buttons solves the "who's the executioner" problem and 3000rpm solves the "we can't find a vein/we didn't use enough juice/we didn't set up the rope right" problem

Last edited by mcgid1 (2009-09-18 17:22:43)

BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6769

ghettoperson wrote:

His veins are either really determined not to get injected, or they need better nurses.
The problem they have is that Dr's will help them execute a prisoner due to the Hippocratic oath. So, you get amateurs trying to find veins and it ends up like this.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6718|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

BN wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

The problem they have is that Dr's will help them execute a prisoner due to the Hippocratic oath. So, you get amateurs trying to find veins and it ends up like this.
I'm assuming that you mean "Dr's will not help them" because of the Hippocratic oath, but not all doctors take that oath and there are a few doctors who will help with executions, but apparently not enough.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6769

mcgid1 wrote:

BN wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I'm assuming that you mean "Dr's will not help them" because of the Hippocratic oath, but not all doctors take that oath and there are a few doctors who will help with executions, but apparently not enough.
Ah, yes, thanks for pointing that out

Yeah, I saw a documentary on this a while ago. Prison officers were trying to find veins and making a mess of it. They then explained that no Dr's would help them.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
i like my idea
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Macbeth wrote:

"It went so badly when he was walking in without injured veins, to go forward so soon afterward just seems to be inviting disaster," Shank said.
It could kill him!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
If we want to keep the death penalty around, we need to make it cheaper and simpler.

Cap the fucker in the head.  It's that easy.

Forget all this silly shit about injections, electric chairs, gas chambers, etc.  Just shoot them in the head.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

LOL

I would do the same thing ( at first )

Bring in the deathrow , strap him in, fiddle around with the needle, push some buttons, pace around for awhile, - basically kill off about 2 hours - , " Damn I guess we won't be able to do this to you tonite, we'll have to wait a week " -- he's relieved -- , unstrap him, as he stands up --- " Just Kidding " --- pull your sidearm, put in right in front of his eye and pull the trigger
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Hakei
Banned
+295|5996
He's a paedophile, that's what he does, he's wrong in the head, he should not be put to death.

There's no justice in killing someone who's killed himself, it's such hypocrisy. I also think it's too easy for all of you to say "Ahh he should be killed this way" and jump on the positive bandwagon, if the state can't organise a fucking execution properly they shouldn't be doing it.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

Hakei wrote:

He's a paedophile, that's what he does, he's wrong in the head, he should not be put to death.

There's no justice in killing someone who's killed himself, it's such hypocrisy. I also think it's too easy for all of you to say "Ahh he should be killed this way" and jump on the positive bandwagon, if the state can't organise a fucking execution properly they shouldn't be doing it.
I guess you missed the part where he KILLED her

if the state can't do it right ............... I can
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL
https://www.quizilla.com/user_images/M/MA/MAT/matthewleskorox227/1153955060_firingsquad.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard