SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

Kmarion wrote:

I don't think the pace will be picking up anytime soon. Especially considering the recession.
shame ... really, all the job opportunities

kinda like the project in vegas that brought in 7000 jobs
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Opportunity is only there when people are willing to lease.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

I'll never forget after our first formation and Company 1st SGT informed us not to call home or speak to relatives about war

as soon as we got dismissed ..... it sounded like out of " Starship Troopers " .... " We're going to war "
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6519|Montucky

SEREMAKER wrote:

I'll never forget after our first formation and Company 1st SGT informed us not to call home or speak to relatives about war

as soon as we got dismissed ..... it sounded like out of " Starship Troopers " .... " We're going to war "
We were getting ready to go to the range for alittle live fire action.  Instead I spent the next 12 hours next to the Main Gate at Camp Pendleton behind a 240G with orders to shoot anything that doesn't stop.

I was 19 years old and had only been a Marine for one year.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

S3v3N wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

We were getting ready to go to the range for alittle live fire action.  Instead I spent the next 12 hours next to the Main Gate at Camp Pendleton behind a 240G with orders to shoot anything that doesn't stop.

I was 19 years old and had only been a Marine for one year.
21 with 3 in

I think we got in a load of boots, like the friday before
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717
RIP all who perished... It was a f#cked up day that i will never forget.
Love is the answer
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
I was two days short of a full year in the Army when this happened. Had just arrived at my first (and last) duty station a week or two previously. It was a Tuesday and we had a PT test that morning. We had just finished and were in the process of getting weighed and taped when everyones beeper and/or cell phone started going off at the exact same time. Someone then said that the WTC had been hit. We were all released back to our rooms to await further instructions so we all booked it to the nearest TV and sat watching for hours as the coverage unfolded. There was no work that day or the next. From that day forward there was 24/7 security at all of the gates at Fort Hood and at all military bases across the country.

While I disagree strongly with the way this tragedy was used to push two serious breaches in ethics, the PATRIOT Act and the war in Iraq, we must separate the actual tragedy from the politics that marred it afterwards. Celebrate the people that died that day, especially those heroes that crashed their own plane in Pennsylvania and saved countless lives and those responders that ran into a burning and ultimately crashing pair of buildings and sacrificed their own lives "So that others may live".
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6735|In a van down by the river
I was in NYC a couple years ago to see the city.  Our hotel was right next to where the WTC towers were.  It wasn't until the second day there that I realized that was where the WTC towers once stood.  Of course, I remember where I was that day.  It's safe to say that day changed the whole world.  The world will never be the same.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Superior Mind wrote:

I can't say God damn it?

That's what comes to mind when I think about that day.
"God damn it" was all that you said. Once you elaborated and made a contribution I allowed your comment. If you have any further questions PM me.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556
Bit hollow from an atheist but RIP.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
Celebrate the people that died that day, especially those heroes that crashed their own plane in Pennsylvania and saved countless lives and those responders that ran into a burning and ultimately crashing pair of buildings and sacrificed their own lives "So that others may live".
May they rest in peace.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Feels kinda weired celebrating ones birthday on a day like this 

RIP
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6715|US
I was in 8th grade, at the time...
It still pisses me off, just thinking about it.

RIP
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6175|Sydney | ♥

I was 9, remember it perfectly.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6512|Gold Coast

tazz. wrote:

I was 9, remember it perfectly.
This. Woke up, mum told me to watch the news. Saw planes enter building. Stood there with an expression of 'wut'. Didnt really know the full extent of the damage at the time, but later on it grows, and grows, and grows until you just imaging what it'd feel like being there that day. The whole school was quiet that day, even for Australia. There was this one kid who didnt know what happened since she didnt see the news.

RIP
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6632|Finland

I was 21, came home from school and turned on the TV, which I always did. For some reason I had left BBC World on the night before, probably because there had been nothing on late at night except for that 24h newsfeed channel. When the picture came up, one of the towers had already been hit and I thought to myself "is that NYC, what the hell?". Immediately after that, the other building was hit and I saw the text "Live" in the upper right corner of the TV screen. I didn't do anything else than flip through news channels that day, too shocked to do anything else.
I need around tree fiddy.
Ioan92
+337|5723
I remember this; I was dinning at home in Montreal, Canada and say this on CNN.

RIP to the victims. Still yet to this day I have major trouble believing the official story.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Seeing how young certain members here were--and how old they are now--brings home just how long it's been and how much has happened since. Yet it still seems like it happened yesterday. The clarity of everything that was going on around me when it happened.

Much of what happened later that day and in the weeks to follow is a bit of a blur, but the moment(s) immediately associated with the event are crystal clear. And probably always will be.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6474|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Was at work across the TV section. Ppl were stopping in front of the TV's and we went over to check out from the cell phone section what's going on and saw smoke coming out of the other tower. Soon after a co-worker says the other tower was now hit. Everything stopped and we were just watching the TV's. Had all the possible news channels on that were visible. All people coming or going from the parking garage or just otherwise passing through halted. The basement dept was completely full of people and you could've heard a pin drop if the TV's had been on mute. I felt physically ill since I had been there 6 months earlier watching the view from up there. Sadly we didn't take much pics from up there.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6633

Rest In Peace
Chorcai
+49|6648|Ireland
I find all this really odd, yes it was shock when it happened yes people died sadly. I just find it spits in the face of those who did die/ effected by what happened cause they can't find Osama, surely by now they would have. Anyone get where I'm coming from ?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England

Chorcai wrote:

I find all this really odd, yes it was shock when it happened yes people died sadly. I just find it spits in the face of those who did die/ effected by what happened cause they can't find Osama, surely by now they would have. Anyone get where I'm coming from ?
They may have not found Osama, but quite alot of the other major players have been nabbed. Perhaps neglecting Afghanistan after 2 years and going for Iraq was a spit in the face though.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6108|Birmingham, UK

Sydney wrote:

It's strangely true, I was 10 years old back then and all I knew about it back then was that some buildings somewhere in the US were falling down.

And yet I remember exactly where I was when it happened.

RIP.
Same for me, its odd how that happens isn't it.

RIP
BVC
+325|6696
Just think, if it was a sovereign nation - say Russia or China that did it - most of us wouldn't be alive right now...
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH
Rip

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard