FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6694|Devon, England
Don't buy it. My God...

I took part in the beta at i37 and it's basically a game for nubs.

Kind of like BF2142, except everyone plays as Super Battle Droids, which can handle any weapon, plus any other weapon, and other things. That may sound like a good thing for customisation, but it basically creates crap.

Another thing: You can spawn anywhere in a map (you just drop in). Again, this idea sounds cool, but it's really not good.

Fighting is the worst part. Everyone has really really high amounts of health, so a 1 on 1 fight takes ages, but there's this feature they have which enables you to lock onto a targets head after you aim at them for a bit. Once locked, you kill them within seconds. This little feature takes a lot of the basic, fundamental skill needed in FPS games, which is aiming yourself. And the bad thing is, you just can't beat someone without using this feature, as if you don't use it, they will (and it just makes you feel dirty).

It was such a terrible game and I thought I should let you all know this before you think of buying it (Just saw it available on Steam).

Oh God, the memories hurt...
Chou
+737|6794
Hmm interesting notification
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6498|Sydney, Australia
But it's in beta right? They'll probably tweak it beyond recognition before it gets released anyway.
killaer
+41|6721
It's fun.
It's not a serious game. You have jets and can super sprint and kill people by ramming into them.

The lock-on feature is has a very small time-frame and a long cool-down. You can get rid of it by taking cover. It's really not a huge biggie, it's really used tactically.

It's cool to jump in for 30 seconds and tear shit up. There are sync animations for the mechs when you melee someone. It's a fucking blast.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6717|Purplicious Wisconsin
Plus you can prevent people from locking onto you by having a certain kind of equipment anyway. Also you are not a droid, you are a human in a big suit of armor designed to drop into a planet from space. Oh and the reason behind being fucking tough is to encourage teamwork and prevent 1 super good guy from killing a whole army by himself.

Last edited by War Man (2009-09-06 11:56:27)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5512|America
Sounds retarded... back to 1.5
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
FFLink
There is.

War Man wrote:

Plus you can prevent people from locking onto you by having a certain kind of equipment anyway. Also you are not a droid, you are a human in a big suit of armor designed to drop into a planet from space. Oh and the reason behind being fucking tough is to encourage teamwork and prevent 1 super good guy from killing a whole army by himself.
Encourage teamwork? Teamwork shouldn't be forced, and when it is, you make a nub game.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6472

FFLink wrote:

War Man wrote:

Encourage teamwork? Teamwork shouldn't be forced, and when it is, you make a nub game.
TF2
FFLink
There is.

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

FFLink wrote:

War Man wrote:

TF2
Even though I hate TF2, so you would be enforcing my point here, it's still different in the sense that TF2 is a fast-paced, quick-dying game and even has some humour to keep you all interested.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6467|cuntshitlake

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

FFLink wrote:

War Man wrote:

TF2
That's for pointing out the reason I do not like TF2
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard