Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5786|Catherine Black
There's been a little hubub in the Screenshot thread about this game series, so let's talk about it.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Reviews

Trailers

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Wiki
Over the course of the 21st century, mankind experimented with wormhole technology and successfully built jumpgates in space between Earth and Mars paving the way for the colonization of the solar system and interstellar transport. A jumpgate was shuttled to Alpha Centauri in an attempt to claim a foothold in interstellar space. Even before the gate left the solar system scientists discovered that many objects classified as black holes showed the characteristics of artificial wormholes. There were alien jumpgates which the human constructed gates could connect to. The Terrans had discovered the X Universe, a seemingly uninhabited collection of solar systems connected by a vast network of large, bi-directional jumpgates. Read more.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6707|Germany
Just edit your fucking post ! Some people...
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
um, sounds like something from eve
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6528

FatherTed wrote:

it kinda is but kinda isnt
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

HellHead wrote:

Just edit your fucking post ! Some people...
I might go over the post limit, plus this way it's organised.

FatherTed wrote:

But singleplayer, and made before eve.
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6618|Auteuil, Laval
In X3R I love killing J and P Xenon battlecruiser class with a stolen LX or with the Eclipse.  Makes me feel 1337!!!
But when it's destroyed just GTFO!  Their fighters will get you down easy. 
I have to try to host some pics somewhere to prove what I say.
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6176
Excuse me. . . The Kha'ak?
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6618|Auteuil, Laval

[HOF]Mercenary wrote:

Excuse me. . . The Kha'ak?
Yep and the pronounciation reminds me...

Edit
And oh don't get close to a cluster of Kha'aks unless you have a potent ship they'll spray you to death.

Last edited by Jean_Peste_tu? (2009-09-03 16:01:41)

Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6618|Auteuil, Laval
Sisco with that nice complex you have started you must have run the missions for the HQ and the M7 calss ship.  Where did you locate Your HQ?
In my last game I did put it, if I remember well the sector name, in Elysium of light.  That Gooner sector, a bit left from the center of the map, to try to up my rep with them. 

Pro tip; To start a new MKIII trader send him to paranid sector Empire's Edge, I'm telling you, you won't regret it.  I shit you not by saying that in about 15 min he's level 8 and ready for universal trading.  Also you do not have to guide him like a baby because he's on pause.  Keep a good rep with the Paranids though.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6257|B.C. Canada
Game looks awsome from the trailer/review.

But wtf, is the kha'ak (cock) a joke? Fucking made me laugh so hard watching the review. especially when the chick said "whats a girl got to do to get some Kha'ak (cock) around here? LOL

Game looks epic and cannot wait to start playing.

Last edited by trex1210 (2009-09-03 19:39:53)

farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6528

trex1210 wrote:

Game looks awsome from the trailer/review.

But wtf, is the kha'ak (cock) a joke? Fucking made me laugh so hard watching the review. especially when the chick said "whats a girl got to do to get some Kha'ak (cock) around here? LOL

Game looks epic and cannot wait to start playing.
its kinda hard to get into....

im at that stage right now where im just starting to play and im confused outta my mind but ive bin told if i stick with it itll get a lot better so im holding onto hope
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6618|Auteuil, Laval
Energy cells is your friend, trade some and some more.
You gotta stick with it. you will enjoy after a while
I make a close to a million credit after one single day of play now on a fresh start.
The thing is explore and look for the ships that are not possessed by nobody.
In the download patch + bonus material you will find a note pad with coordinates of them and some more stuff, hunt those at start.
In stations you can take some jobs on the BBS message board, tons of way to make credits.  My favorite is those energy cells, everybody needs them.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6341

Jean_Peste_tu? wrote:

Sisco with that nice complex you have started you must have run the missions for the HQ and the M7 calss ship.  Where did you locate Your HQ?
In my last game I did put it, if I remember well the sector name, in Elysium of light.  That Gooner sector, a bit left from the center of the map, to try to up my rep with them. 

Pro tip; To start a new MKIII trader send him to paranid sector Empire's Edge, I'm telling you, you won't regret it.  I shit you not by saying that in about 15 min he's level 8 and ready for universal trading.  Also you do not have to guide him like a baby because he's on pause.  Keep a good rep with the Paranids though.
Nah, i played the first three (?) missions or so of the main story and received the message from bala gi but did not meet him yet. Problem is I still fly the abandoned Mamba Recon I captured so I lack teh firepower to go into the xenonsectors or mahlstrom later on. But I´m one crystal factory away from turning my complex into a aself-sufficient one. Then I´ma get me a Paranid Perseus to start with Bala Gi and while doing the first few I hope I scrapped enough money together to buy myself an Argon Zentaur.
I´m not sure where to put the HQ once I got it though. Goner sector is pretty useless cause you don´t need a high rep with them for anything. Transporter and Jupdrive can be bought in the TerraCorp HQ too.
I´m thinking about placing it into Elena´s Fortune along with another booze-complex. Relativly close to all main race sectors thus somewhat secure but with high pirate traffic. Good for illegal business. Last time I checked into the goner secotr three (!) Kha'ak clusters were mopping up in there.lol. Unarmed fools

For the beginners, check this site out:

http://www.xdatabase.de/x3-reunion/en/

Tons of info with a well design navigation.

To build up on Jean´s tips. Start with trading Energy Cells, then go on to minerals. Massive profit in there. once you got your first two mill credits, build a silicon mine on one of the two most potent asteroids in ore belt along with two to three freighters.

And finny, +1 for opening up!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6618|Auteuil, Laval
For the Xenon sector mission I used the Starburst.  It's so fast the xenon couldn't even touch me lol. 
Ya know those engine and rudders crates you are to find here and there from the Pandora's messages. 
Do not use them on the Hyperion when you find that ship.  Reverse engineer it before then build one and then apply those upgrade.  Otherwise you will lose the upgrades.  Damn that ship is then as manoeuvrable as a fighter.

I used to play Freelancer before but it was an acquired copy so no multiplayer and when my friend put me in front of X3 I was

Personally I still have problem figuring out the capacity of each station in a complex to come at an equilibrium.
They're always missing some stuff.  Meh... it means I still have something to learn.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North
i still can't put station complexes together properly they always end up looking retarded and not working
Sisco
+493|6341

Jean_Peste_tu? wrote:

For the Xenon sector mission I used the Starburst.  It's so fast the xenon couldn't even touch me lol. 
Ya know those engine and rudders crates you are to find here and there from the Pandora's messages. 
Do not use them on the Hyperion when you find that ship.  Reverse engineer it before then build one and then apply those upgrade.  Otherwise you will lose the upgrades.  Damn that ship is then as manoeuvrable as a fighter.

I used to play Freelancer before but it was an acquired copy so no multiplayer and when my friend put me in front of X3 I was
Can´t wait to get my hands on that ship. From what I´ve read a small fleet of those vessels, paired with an M2 destroyer can annihilate entire Xenon sectors!
Freelancer was crap compared to the X games. The trading in Fl was more or less useless. Fighting was good though.

Jean_Peste_tu? wrote:

Personally I still have problem figuring out the capacity of each station in a complex to come at an equilibrium.
They're always missing some stuff.  Meh... it means I still have something to learn.
There should be (and this might help krazed too) some sort of complex planner tool available. I have one, but only in German. It´s great. All info concerning pricing and production is included. You can input your complex or what part of it you already have and it shows you where it´s lacking. I might look for one in English once I get back from work.

krazed wrote:

i still can't put station complexes together properly they always end up looking retarded and not working
If you build your complex, zoom in to see the exact spaces between factories on your sector map. Also remember that you can switch the view from the "above" angle to the "side" angle by hitting Insert (default). Makes it ALOT easier to place units in a orderly fashion.

As for the working, that can have different reasons. A complex, no matter how retarded looking, should work fine if all necessary resources are there. Many self-sufficient ones, and the so-called "base complex" in particular need some time and/or resources to get themselves started. It can take (ingame) days until it reaches is max productivity.
Best way to hurry things up is to order your freighters to fill the resource stocks. Best way to do so is to use 2-3 trade representatives (if that´s what they are called in English). They are included in the bonus pack and are highly efficient compared to using regular traders. On higher levels, they communicate with one another and see what products or resources need to be bought or sold.
Mugen
+19|5997

krazed wrote:

drop an advanced sattellite in the sector and press 'k' when you're looking at the sector map. when you zoom in, the actual models can be seen on the map rather than some symbols.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North
thanks for the help
Sisco
+493|6341

Mugen wrote:

krazed wrote:

drop an advanced sattellite in the sector and press 'k' when you're looking at the sector map. when you zoom in, the actual models can be seen on the map rather than some symbols.
Somehow this doesn´t work for me. What´s the Command called in the options?
Mugen
+19|5997

Sisco10 wrote:

Mugen wrote:

krazed wrote:

Somehow this doesn´t work for me. What´s the Command called in the options?
That command cannot be found in the options; already asked on the ES forums. It still works though:

default sector map view:
https://img79.imageshack.us/img79/8962/x3screen00008.th.jpg

after pressing 'k':
https://img79.imageshack.us/img79/8754/x3screen00009.th.jpg

you can even see your own ship on the sector map with max zoom (25600%):
https://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4180/x3screen00007.th.jpg
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6618|Auteuil, Laval
When I'm building, I always save 1st then try to place the station to hook it up with the rest of the complex.  Usually 2+1/2 to 3 lengths of "tubes" is good.  Also visually searching for the "Nodes" (the part where the tubes will join the station) helps me to align the complex.  Those "Nodes" are of different count for different stations.  There are, if I remember well, 1, 2 or 3 "Nodes" per station.  With the key pad you rotate pull or push the station.
The interface is a bitch to work with but by trials and errors you can find a way to do it.
You guys are giving me rush to reinstall the game.  Had a Windows crash not long ago. 
Luckily I was able to login in safe mode and copy my save games.  My last game was a pirate one.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6445|Boulder, CO
Just out of interest, what is the general consensus on the best manner in which to start this game and get to a good place in as swift a manner as possible?

Just about to re-install it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard