Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|5097|New Austin, Not
Enjoy
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,409|5667|FUCK UBISOFT

Rohirm wrote:

Enjoy
No thanks.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|5274|Belfast
That looked

Thank god for in-game host migration. Its the best feature shown in the entire video

Last edited by henno13 (2009-09-01 11:40:53)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|5393
So the MP is once again going to be poorly paced and repetitive.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5396
Looks awful in my opinion. More console-esque than MW1, even.

CoD series really does have a downwards trend from CoD1-->x-->MW2. Such a shame, really.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+758|5610|United States of America
As long as they have a Hardcore mode, I'd consider playing it. Regular play just takes too many shots to kill someone and the screen is so cluttered.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|5097|New Austin, Not

Uzique wrote:

Looks awful in my opinion. More console-esque than MW1, even.

CoD series really does have a downwards trend from CoD1-->x-->MW2. Such a shame, really.
I`m going to agree with Uzique. MW2 is pretty much just Halo with modern weaponry now.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,609|5546|London, England
Yeah, the recoil just isn't there, and the guns still have the same sounds as it did in CoD 4, they sound.... cap gun style, I dunno. What's the point of all these new guns if they all act and even sound the same anyway. The graphics seem the same, sounds are the same. It's just different maps, models and perks.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|5632|67.222.138.85
What is with the goddamn points showing up on the screen? It always bugged me in CoD4, but at least then they didn't feel the need to multiply everything by ten to make it TEN TIMES MORE INTENSE.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5396

Mekstizzle wrote:

Yeah, the recoil just isn't there, and the guns still have the same sounds as it did in CoD 4, they sound.... cap gun style, I dunno. What's the point of all these new guns if they all act and even sound the same anyway. The graphics seem the same, sounds are the same. It's just different maps, models and perks.
My main gripe against the skill-less nature of MW1... no recoil, no deviation, no cone-of-fire... it's just like firing differently-skinned lasers at one another. Add a hardcore gametype that completely contradicts the gamestyle and strengths of previous Call of Duty games and you basically have an absolute, see-first-kill-first yawnfest. Add 3 grenades per player and ridiculous personal air-force perks into the equation and stage it on over-designed and cluttered maps that are the size of a small en-suite bathroom and you have a great big fucking mess. Whatever happened to the Brecourts and the Pavlovs? CoD1/CoD2 were sublime FPS experiences. Now they're just fast-action, mindless console shooters. The cheek of Activision selling this game at above-retail prices as well for this recycled and reskinned shovel-ware... I may actually give it a complete miss.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,609|5546|London, England
Yeah, UO still remains the best out of the bunch in terms of how the weapons were and how everything handled. I remember the furore when CoD 2 came out, that was basically when the series went the way of the console as it was somewhat of an X360 launch title. Nobody liked the regen "Halo" health, or the lack of recoil, or the hit indicators/sounds and they even removed the fire mode selections, it was either full auto or do it yourself single shots. I don't even think it released with anti cheat, that's how much of an afterthought the PC version of CoD 2 originally was.

It pissed alot of people off on the IW forums, but eventually people got used to the game, it ended up being mindless fun I guess. I still played alot of CoD 2 and eventually 4, but that was because mainly nothing else was around, and sometimes you just felt like just shooting shit up. CoD WaW was abit better IMO, the guns didn't feel as lame, but it was still there.

mp_pavlov used to be me and my mates favourite map, those were some fun times
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|5516|Your attic
Just so people are aware this is the console version of the game, if you check when he gets UAV it has a "press +" instead of a keystroke.

There are some quite large differences between MW1 on the PC and on the consoles (I believe but can't say out right that even between consoles there are some gameplay/ui differences) so don't be surprised if they look different in terms of play style (and annoying stuff on the screen when you kill people) in this footage.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,609|5546|London, England
I've played (and own) both the PC and PS3 version of CoD4, they were exactly the same, except you can't lean on the PS3 version (controller limitation methinks)

and for some reason the loltastic map that was shipment was never on the rotation on the PS3 servers
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|5406|Purdue

Mekstizzle wrote:

I've played (and own) both the PC and PS3 version of CoD4, they were exactly the same, except you can't lean on the PS3 version (controller limitation methinks)

and for some reason the loltastic map that was shipment was never on the rotation on the PS3 servers
I haven't played it on the PC, but leaning is the only difference I knew of too. Shipment was on the 360 if you played headquarters.

Gameplay looks nice, CTF ftw . It'll at least give me something to do in between classes.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|4830|CA
I don't see much of a difference from CoD4...what have they really changed?  Throwing knifes look hilarious, but this just seems like more material for the fanboys to drool over.  What's with the bloated point system, too?  It's already too easy to rank up in the CoD series, why not ditch the stupid "Prestige" option and go for BF2 style ranks?

Bad Company 2 seems more promising.  (Although EA is famous for making beautiful pre-rendered trailers and a entirely different game.)
firebolt5
Member
+114|5080

TopHat01 wrote:

I don't see much of a difference from CoD4...what have they really changed?  Throwing knifes look hilarious, but this just seems like more material for the fanboys to drool over.  What's with the bloated point system, too?  It's already too easy to rank up in the CoD series, why not ditch the stupid "Prestige" option and go for BF2 style ranks?
The reason behind fast ranking is so that the new players don't feel overhwhelmed when playing against high ranked players.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|5374

Awesome just like the first one. I might buy it for the 360, since there is the host migration thing.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|5033|Birmingham, UK

r'Eeee wrote:

Awesome just like the first one. I might buy it for the 360, since there is the host migration thing.
Haven't seen you in a while!

You've gotten rid of your PS3?
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|5374

SEREVENT wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

Awesome just like the first one. I might buy it for the 360, since there is the host migration thing.
Haven't seen you in a while!

You've gotten rid of your PS3?
Nop I still have the PS3. I created different online ID though
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|5033|Birmingham, UK

r'Eeee wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

Awesome just like the first one. I might buy it for the 360, since there is the host migration thing.
Haven't seen you in a while!

You've gotten rid of your PS3?
Nop I still have the PS3. I created different online ID though
Trying to get away from me?
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|5374

Just the above name is silly, so I thought I would change it lol. What's yours, you had two AFAIK.

Last edited by r'Eeee (2009-09-02 09:05:45)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,627|4713|Catherine Black

Towelly wrote:

Just so people are aware this is the console version of the game, if you check when he gets UAV it has a "press +" instead of a keystroke.
Thanks, I would never have noticed if it wasn't for the wrench-the-reticule-out-of-your-hands auto aim..

This game looks horrendous. There is no recoil, as you can't control it on a console, the 100 pixel high box that comes up on every kill will just get annoying, I think they've upped the auto aim in this one.

Basically they've completely ruined what could be an amazing game to suit the console fanboys. If they had made it for the PC and ported it to Xbox/PS3 instead of the other way around, they'd have an amazing game that casual (read: retarded) gamers couldn't play.

But I guess they'd lose money that way.

Ugh this is why I hate consoles.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,409|5667|FUCK UBISOFT

Finray wrote:

Towelly wrote:

Just so people are aware this is the console version of the game, if you check when he gets UAV it has a "press +" instead of a keystroke.
Thanks, I would never have noticed if it wasn't for the wrench-the-reticule-out-of-your-hands auto aim..

This game looks horrendous. There is no recoil, as you can't control it on a console, the 100 pixel high box that comes up on every kill will just get annoying, I think they've upped the auto aim in this one.

Basically they've completely ruined what could be an amazing game to suit the console fanboys. If they had made it for the PC and ported it to Xbox/PS3 instead of the other way around, they'd have an amazing game that casual (read: retarded) gamers couldn't play.

But I guess they'd lose money that way.

Ugh this is why I hate consoles.
I thought you liked CoD4.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|5463|Long Island, New York

Finray wrote:

Towelly wrote:

Just so people are aware this is the console version of the game, if you check when he gets UAV it has a "press +" instead of a keystroke.
Thanks, I would never have noticed if it wasn't for the wrench-the-reticule-out-of-your-hands auto aim..

This game looks horrendous. There is no recoil, as you can't control it on a console, the 100 pixel high box that comes up on every kill will just get annoying, I think they've upped the auto aim in this one.

Basically they've completely ruined what could be an amazing game to suit the console fanboys. If they had made it for the PC and ported it to Xbox/PS3 instead of the other way around, they'd have an amazing game that casual (read: retarded) gamers couldn't play.

But I guess they'd lose money that way.

Ugh this is why I hate consoles.
Yeah, because CoD4 was totally made to suit PC players. Wasn't modified for consoles at all.

Yet, like Miggle said, you like CoD4.

Backwards opinions ftw!
KuSTaV
noice
+947|5437|Gold Coast
Looks fun tbh.

Cant wait to try different perks and weapons....
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard