Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6764
Yes sertanly I agree that there are pilots who play to win. And who play to help. But its hard to call them "planewhores" then. I've played with "working", not "whoring" pilots too, and in all of these games I had alot of fun, without being tked from above. Its just sad that most of the pilots(not everyone) I see dont think about their planes as a part of their team, but they think that a team is a part of their planes.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-02-07 14:21:42)

Torin
+52|6704
I fly because I see it as the biggest way I can contribute to the win. If I can have teh influence over a battle to repeatedly put the win in my team's hands, that's what I'll do.

I've been working on the damn war college ribbon for a while now, and the only legit way I can see to get it is do whatever I can to make sure my team wins every round. A jet facilitates that, as it allows me to turn the tide of a losing battle with an inferior team. With a superior team, it's just icing on the cake.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6764
Good to see some good pilots infantry can rely on
warco3
+1|6741|Orlando, FL
Allright, here is my stance on the issue. First off, there is a whore for everything in the game (C4, noob tube, armor), not just jets, so shut up. Second, a good pilot knows that his job is to elimate or prevent the other teams' jets from owning his team, and once the air threat is gone to assist the troops below by bombing and strafing the enemy. And no matter how you get the kills, or who you kill, you are helping your team by reducing the ticket count for the enemy. Simple as that.
For those of you who hate jets, all I have to say is go play with everyone else in Karkand or any SF map. That's what they're for. However, I will agree with you that jets are OVERPOWERED in BF2. Yes, everyone knows it. Hopefully EA will FINALLY tip the scales enough where the only pilots lasting longer than a minute are the pros who rightfully deserve to. They should also allow the AT kit to choose between thier AT rockets or a STINGER launcher, making the game even more balanced, but that's just my idea.
As a jet whore myself (where I use the word whore to mean just uses alot, and I NEVER TK for them), I definately contribute to my team not just by killing alot, but taking decisive action such as bombing the enemy trying to cap our flags, or assisting the troops overrun by armor. Jets are part of the game, and just like armor, I will use them to my advantage as such.

My Aviator stats:
Kills: 1817          K/D ratio: 10.08
Deaths: 179        Hours used: 28.36
I'm only gettin started, baby!

P.S. You may THINK you're a good pilot, until you decide to engage {9thInf}Animal*E* or colony. They will quickly show you how wrong you are.
JAMER
+3|6684
Thats kind of funny cause I have only seen one guy who actually challenged me in the air and that was acL._chiXnhawk_ , no one else has come close.

And that is complete bullshit that a good pilot doesnt care about the WIN.  Any good military man will tell you that whoever controls the sky controls the war.
warco3
+1|6741|Orlando, FL
Jamer, I wan't to fly against you man. Nothing personal, just wanna see what you're capable of. Name the server and time.
JAMER
+3|6684
Sounds Good Man.  Just use this site to see me on line or look me up on X-fire.  I should be on tomarrow night and Im sure this weekend.

Happy Hunting!
wrath2210
Web/h0mE
+0|6683
btw guy who made this thread sucks in a plane
PlaneWhore
+59|6777

scooby wrote:

my only enemy is CCC planewhore, how ironic. but he has been banned from every server he has played on, and hasent played in months...
I took a good long break from the game, but I continued playing for a bit under http://bf2s.com/player/23mm/. Fact is, being a PlaneWhore is a pretty thankless job. No matter how much ass I kicked very few members of my team would respect me for it. For example, I'd always switch to the losing team after each game to help them win, and almost always that switch would result in a victory for the other team, keeping the games very even. However, even when people saw that and knew that I was still constantly grieved by my own time during take off. Even worse, over the couple months I flew jets heavily I was literally banned off every single good 64 player server that played air maps and had a good thing for things like "cheating", "baseraping", and banned off quite a few select clan servers for "being too good". It's sad that people would rather kick and ban a good player then face them head on, as it was common knowledge after I released my pilot tutorial video at http://files.filefront.com/PlaneWhore__ … einfo.html that I was not a cheater.

So to sum it up, I love flying planes, but the horrible community that inhabits Battlefield 2 served to ruin my flying experience. Thus the break I've taken over the past couple months, although I do plan to do a little PlaneWhoring once more now that most of my bans have likely expired and I'll actually be able to find a decent server to play on without much difficulty.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6801|Singapore

You buggers all have it lucky

I LEARNT to fly on ranked servers which would explain the abysmal number of deaths I have in a plane. At least its picking up hard and fast now
Masta_Daco
+39|6749|Amsterdam,The Netherlands

polarbearz wrote:

You buggers all have it lucky

I LEARNT to fly on ranked servers which would explain the abysmal number of deaths I have in a plane. At least its picking up hard and fast now
yeah i did that 2 and why do they call us planewhores cuz the infantry always has complains oh i am so noob and a tank comes and i get kill by the tank stupid tank whore everything in a vehicle that kills them is an vehicle whore but they dont have to moan cuz the pilots do their thing like yesterday i played and took all the planes down that i saw flying and got 61 kills 7 assist and 2 deaths although my deaths are high too i have 1800 blabla kills and 470 or more deaths below the 500 nice isnt it to be a plainwhore
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6853|Cologne, Germany

oh boy, I'd love to have a choice between stingers and anti armor rockets with the AT kit. that would even the odds a little more. Still, as people have said, the best way to defend against enemy jets is using your own jets well. Problem is, you never know about the quality of your team's pilots. I have played in a lot of matches where the enemy had the new-age-Richthofens at the controls, while our pilots couldn't even hold a Piper Alpha steady, so it seemed.

with all that said, you cannot cap a flag in a jet. both parts of the team, air support and ground troops need to work together. Wake is always the prime example. If your pilots cannot protect the boats and BH trying to get to a flag, you won't win, even if you destroy every tank on the island with your precious bombs.

Then again, even if you manage to cap a flag on Wake you still need to have a team that actually takes note of that and spawns on the island. Just yesterday, I managed to cap north base, north village and south base with a dedicated BH crew within the first minute of the map. that's three CP's where USMC could spawn.

But all my team did was spwan on the carrier and argue who was next to "own" in a jet...
We could have wiped the chinese right out. Instead, they re-capped all three CP's.

I am telling you, public play is starting to frustrate me a little. Luckily, I have a good regular funteam I play with and a couple of favourite servers where teamplay is a must.
ComradeWho
+50|6707|Southern California
the job of anybody is to enjoy the game however they want

stop being little babies and blabbering about so and so using a plane in a way you wouldn't or so and so using it too much. if people played the way whiney babies wanted them to this game would be boring and you can't come up with criteria about how somebody should balance the time they spend using features of the game. what if somebody bought it just to use jets. and stop bitching about tking too, so few people tk for vehicles but from reading posts in these forums you'd think there was some plague of tking going on. sure, there are some servers where admins/people allowed by admins do this in freedom but you know what? play somewhere else and report them. it doesn't happen most places! Whoring is a myth perpetuated by people who just want to create enemies and villains in the community. There is a spectre haunting BF2S.. The spectre of whoring!
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6706|Howell, Mi USA
I just want pilots to check targets better. im not saying it's all of u but it happens to me enough to think it's most of u.

no joke, last night the enemy neutralizes a CP im near. i run to it and kill the guy b4 he caps it. so i crouch down near the flag to recap it. about 5-10 secs after all this here comes a friendly jet to "help" me. im thinking situation under control go away please...no ...dont start a bombing run.... click click whistle.........boom. i just caugh 2 2000lbs bombs in my teeth b4 i could cap the flag... -_- not only that but the guy i killed earler made his way back and cap the flag for the enemy. i respawned and retook the flag anyway but still that was frickin annoying and unneeded. CHECK YOUR TARGETS!

i think in next patch there should be some sort of command on the team chat for ground to air. instead of "enemy spotted" there could be "don't bomb this target stupid your team is down here"

Last edited by Cbass (2006-02-08 06:46:26)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Torin
+52|6704
There are bad, completely unobservant players who use all kinds of vehicles, not just jets. With jets though, you have to make quite a few more assumptions on where the enemy is, because you dont have the luxury of strolling up to them to make sure they are there.

Anyhow, seems like you just have bad experiences with pilots that dont bother to use the minimap. Don't judge us all by that standard, as some of us actually use our eyes.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6706|Howell, Mi USA
Hey torin!    Oh i know all vehicles have their idiots, ive done it myself but only because a teammate was flying enemy helo and my trigger finger was itchy. i spend alot of time in armor and i get shot up my fair share by friendly armor. but ill give em a "Thanks, i owe you one! " and move on. it happens more with jets, maybe im just in the wrong place at the wrong time but im just tring to do my job.

and i know all pilots aren't like that.. i see jets turn away alot too when they see their team is down there.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-02-08 07:02:02)

Nemesis-SBS-
+9|6850|6,000 ft & falling......weeeee

Chao2 wrote:

I suck at flying but I respect those who our good at it, they put a lot of effort into learning it so they deserve the payoff.
utter bollicks m8...they plane whore cos they are really shite on the ground and their stats look wank!!!
Torin
+52|6704
Another thing to keep in mind when being killed by friendly planes, is there is a bug with the air-to-ground targeting system.

If a friendly gets out of a vehicle, that vehicle shows up as a hostile air-to-ground lock for about 5 seconds. I can't recount the number of times I've teamkilled someone because of this targeting but, but it is very annoying. Normally, empty vehicles do not show up on the air-to-ground system, and only hostile occupied vehicles will. So when a pilot is flying around looking for enemy armor, sees an enemy air-to-ground target and bombs it and it turns out to be a friendly, you'll know what happened.

Another side-effect of not being aware of the minimap, but when attempting to bomb enemy armor with nearby friendlies (which I am good at, without tking anyone), it's a risk you take. Were it not for that bug, I doubt I would ever TK anyone short of confused heat-seeking missiles.
|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6764|Leipzig/Germany
only some random thoughts:

imho there is no such thing as a plane, tank or whatever vehicle whore
BF2 is a game about a lot of aspects of modern warfare - tanks and plane are part of it
if someone wants pure infranty fights - go and play CS

some guys complain about constantly bombing - a good pilot does not bomb that much, instead he uses the guns a lot - there were some rounds on wake i did not even bomb 3 times - i guy who is bombing all the time is in most cases not a good pilot

i sick of admins who kick or even ban people who are good at flying - i myself have 8 bans now - all happend because i owned some rounds in a jet - last time i was banned was yesterday - the reason from the admin was, and i quote: "banned for being a butplugga" - wtf - is that supposed to be a reason? - if you are sick of getting owned get in a jet and hunt the other pilot

i laugh at people who are constantly starting kickvotes against me - or even better imply the whole round i'm using hacks or aimbots or something like that
LEARN TO FLY - it isn't that hard - u just have to know where to aim with the guns - and at that moment u leared it you will know you don't have to use hacks - a jet in the hands of the right guy is simply the most dangerous weapon in BF2

last but not least: a good pilot don't has to go for the carrier the whole round - people don't understand that it is an act of humanity when i shoot them out of a heli, a boat or a jeep - at least i let them the chance to start into the game - nevertheless they are constantly complaining - i could also do it like half of the pilots i see and go for carrier all the time

just my 2 cents
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6706|Howell, Mi USA
about that always going for carrier. i see that everytime on Gulf of Oman. every single gulf game i play im basicaly the only one who spawns on land for the armor. ill look at tac map and see 30 people on the carrior trying to get 2 planes and a helo. and then they wonder y USMC loses CP's so fast on that map, because half the team is stuck on the carrior deck picking their nose and tk'ing for the aircraft. LOL

Last edited by Cbass (2006-02-08 09:06:07)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6787|Moscow, Russia
i'd say that the point is missed in this thread right from the beginning, guys. the question is not "why are there PLANEwhores", it's "why are there WHORES in general". and the answer is this, imho: the reason people "whore" stuff is because it's worth whoring. and why the hell is that? - right, i'll tell you: because of the way ranking system was designed. beacause the only member of your team who's going to directly benefit from actually winning a round is your commander. for everybody else there is easier way to get points - gl, medic, armor, planes, choppers, you know the deal.

JAMER wrote:

Torin wrote:

Your defense against jets is friendly jets.
This is the best statement I have seen on this forum.
yeah, yeah, again - it WOULD be if ppl in planes actually cared to win a round. most of the time they just ignore each other because there's not many points in trying to dogfight the opposing pilots out of the sky. you'd probably spend half the round doing that not getting as many points in the process as you would doing "bomb/rearm/repeat"-thing.

that's the core of it, not jets themselves or aa or anything else.

Last edited by Shahter (2006-02-08 11:57:56)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6706|Howell, Mi USA
i think the first people got the topic right. but now it's kind of turned into an airhead v/s ground pounder argument.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6706|Howell, Mi USA
i think the first people got the topic right. but now it's kind of turned into an airhead v/s ground pounder argument.
JAMER
+3|6684

Cbass wrote:

Like, Cbass said. Like, Cbass said.  Lets get back on subject...

There are planewhores because, face it, flying jets is fun.  Mowing down a whole runnway and seeing your name pop up with 8 kills in 2 seconds is fun.  Blowing up choppers that are raping the hell out of the land forces is fun.  Dog fighting two opposing jets and having three people on AA just aiming for your ass and for some reason you come out of it with a few scatches and about 6 kills is fun.  Dropping bomb on Baghdad is fun.  So just show me the babies room and let me do my thing.
<b|k> lukie
+7|6734|Germany
Why are there Plane Whores?
   Beacause DICE f**ked up balance. Planes can kill like hell but are practically invulnerable. Easy way to get kills. Surely, you need skill for Bombing, but you get more kills for the same amount of skill than for fighting on Ground.

Why are there winers?
   Because they are really fucked up and cant do nothing against it.

Last edited by <b|k> lukie (2006-02-09 15:15:17)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard