aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5754|Roma

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

What the fuck.
That is so bad, that it's almost awesome.

And I thought Soulja Boy was an insult to music...
Soulja Boy IS an insult to music.
The music nowdays is an insult to music, except for few bands.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6149|'straya

aerodynamic wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

What the fuck.

Well popular music is. But there are still plenty of great bands out there willing to experiment, and willing to write and play music for the love of it and not simply for sales.
CrazeD
+368|6673|Maine
I like most of the Korn songs that are "normal". When they just make random noises, I lose interest.

As for Slipknot, most of their songs aren't very good...but I like a few. Wait and Bleed, Before I Forget are good.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6585|England
Personally I can't stand the likes of My Chemical Romance or Fall Out Boy to name a couple.  Having said that, plenty of others love them.  Surprisingly enough, I'd put it down to taste.  Maybe try not listening to music you don't like?

Last edited by KingCheese (2009-08-25 01:39:51)

"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6156|Vancouver | Canada

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

What the fuck.

True, but they make it seem like he'd know what lyrical wordplay and punchlines are.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6577|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Slipknot is meh

Korn is good tbh.

But well, that's matter of opinion....as you dont have anyting to back this up
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

KingCheese wrote:

Personally I can't stand the likes of My Chemical Romance or Fall Out Boy to name a couple.  Having said that, plenty of others love them.  Surprisingly enough, I'd put it down to taste.  Maybe try not listening to music you don't like?
This.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Every Nickelback song sounds the same.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

i actually like korn

Last edited by jsnipy (2009-08-25 16:00:45)

Defiance
+438|6671

You could make arguments to the originality of music, the technical difficulty, and even if some music is completely shit you're not going to change anyone's mind on if they want to listen to it.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
Hmm, nu-metal originality: nil.
Technical difficulty of instruments: very low, amateur, Drop-D barre chords and basic 4/4 patterns.
"Music is completely shit" argument: present and valid.

Verdict: essen mein poopen
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Defiance
+438|6671

Uzique wrote:

Hmm, nu-metal originality: nil.
Technical difficulty of instruments: very low, amateur, Drop-D barre chords and basic 4/4 patterns.
"Music is completely shit" argument: present and valid.

Verdict: essen mein poopen
I don't disagree.
Say "your music is completely shit" to anyone. Most likely, they won't care and will go on listening happily.

Point: Listen to what you want and don't listen to what you hate with a passion brighter then a MILLION SUNS. Leave people be.
LittleBitchy
I hope Hell has wi-fi.
+150|5460|Yeah, there :)
Korn = awesome
Fall seven times. Stand up eight.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

I like old Korn.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5765|Belgium

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Well popular music is. But there are still plenty of great bands out there willing to experiment, and willing to write and play music for the love of it and not simply for sales.
So true, lately, I've really been digging older music. I've always liked it, but I started researching 'older' music more (70's-80's). Damn, I wish they had music like that now instead of all the crap we have to listen to.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6474|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Jebus wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

So true, lately, I've really been digging older music. I've always liked it, but I started researching 'older' music more (70's-80's). Damn, I wish they had music like that now instead of all the crap we have to listen to.
Who says you have to listen to it? Someone forcing you? Like everyone else you have the option to choose the radio/TV channel and what you put in your mp3/cd/cassette/vinyl player. Unless you're in Gitmo. Then you have the priviledge of listening to Metallica, NIN, Pantera and whatnot 24/7.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Out of interest, what's considered 'Nu-metal' anyway? Linkin Park and stuff of that nature?
Hakei
Banned
+295|5996

ghettoperson wrote:

Out of interest, what's considered 'Nu-metal' anyway? Linkin Park and stuff of that nature?
P.O.D., Limp Biskit, Papa Roach and (hed) P.E.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5765|Belgium

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Jebus wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Who says you have to listen to it? Someone forcing you? Like everyone else you have the option to choose the radio/TV channel and what you put in your mp3/cd/cassette/vinyl player. Unless you're in Gitmo. Then you have the priviledge of listening to Metallica, NIN, Pantera and whatnot 24/7.
I'm not forced, no. Did I say this? It's just kids these days that annoy the shit out of me when they're talking about music, and how the newest screamo-band is the best ever etc.

What ever happened to music like this?

SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6108|Birmingham, UK
I've been listening to Lamb Of God recently

They're Death metal.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

I fucking love Lamb of God. I wouldn't say they're death metal though, death metal is much more unintelligible and fast.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6474|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Jebus wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Jebus wrote:

I'm not forced, no. Did I say this? It's just kids these days that annoy the shit out of me when they're talking about music, and how the newest screamo-band is the best ever etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrXWr61Ma9o
They're kids. That's what they do. Don't let it annoy you man. People listen to what music they listen. Different stuff for everyone except the deaf. I don't listen to 50 cent or Coltrane or whatever, but I don't go yaking around like our OP here, that they must be two of the worst bands ever. I wonder what the point even was when this topic was made... What you say that new music ain't that good, I agree on. I haven't found anything new and interesting in a long time that would go with my taste of music (actually I take that back, the new Megadeth single Head Crusher sounds pretty good. gotta get the album once it's out). Atm I have a pile of Danzig playing in my car and that stuff ain't nothing recent And now I got the kicks on listening to some house music on the Win7 Ministry of sound gadget on the side of the screen.

Meh, this thread is completely useless what comes to the title and post #1 of it.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6108|Birmingham, UK

ghettoperson wrote:

I fucking love Lamb of God. I wouldn't say they're death metal though, death metal is much more unintelligible and fast.
Oh, what are they then? Melodic? Its not Nu metal is it?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

SEREVENT wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Oh, what are they then? Melodic? Its not Nu metal is it?
Dunno what I'd classify them as really, just metal/metalcore or something like that. They certainly have a lot of death influences, but avoid the shit bits of death metal.

I'd consider this death metal, I find it's mostly in the vocals.

Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5765|Belgium

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Jebus wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrXWr61Ma9o
They're kids. That's what they do. Don't let it annoy you man. People listen to what music they listen. Different stuff for everyone except the deaf. I don't listen to 50 cent or Coltrane or whatever, but I don't go yaking around like our OP here, that they must be two of the worst bands ever. I wonder what the point even was when this topic was made... What you say that new music ain't that good, I agree on. I haven't found anything new and interesting in a long time that would go with my taste of music (actually I take that back, the new Megadeth single Head Crusher sounds pretty good. gotta get the album once it's out). Atm I have a pile of Danzig playing in my car and that stuff ain't nothing recent And now I got the kicks on listening to some house music on the Win7 Ministry of sound gadget on the side of the screen.

Meh, this thread is completely useless what comes to the title and post #1 of it.
I didn't mean kids, but actually semi-grown up people, but whatever. You're right, there's no use in complaining.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard