Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6743|London

I'm going to Noo Yawk on the 24th for one week.

Where should I go? What should I see? What shouldn't I see?

Should I go to 12/f/taiwans newstand near the williamsburg bridge?

Last edited by liquidat0r (2009-08-18 12:29:06)

https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700
You should go to a Britney Spears concert in Madison Sqaure Garden. Oh wait...
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6633

You should go see that guy.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Times Square (obviously)
Top Of The Rock (NBC Building)
Madame Tussauds
South Street SeaPort
Pretty much all of 5th Avenue
Little Italy
A Yankees game (fuck you cowami) just for the experience
Central Park
Rockefeller Center
Ellis Island/Liberty Island (dunno if the statue itself is open again but I'm pretty sure it is)
Museum of Natural History
Ground Zero (honestly a must see. whenever I go there I find it amazing 2 buildings were once there)

Those are some of my favorite places.
Brasso
+1,549|6631

Dauntless wrote:

k

here, my penis, her penis

no
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6743|London

haffeysucks wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

k

no
What you chattin haffey?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
Empire state, meal at hard rock in times square, catch a show if possible. central park is great, and around the rockerfeller is nice. go to ground zero, go to statue of liberty and the museums there. catch a proper deli breakfast, and get a meal at little italy. theres some big pier thing somewhere thats ace, but i cant remember the name of it. amazing city, <3 it to bits
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700
So you are actually serious about spending over $1,000 on Britney Spears tickets?
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6633

12/f/taiwan wrote:

So you are actually serious about spending over $1,000 on Britney Spears tickets?
He seems to be, he's so cute :3
Ioan92
+337|5723
The subway.

Seriously, this is the first thing I visit in cities. I' like the underground
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556
Take in a game of whatever sport is going in Madison Square Garden, catch a Broadway show, loiter around Times Square at night, go up the Empire State and walk, walk, walk until you can't walk no more. Statue of Liberty is a semi-anti-climax. Chrysler is beatiful, inside of Grand Central is atmospheric. College area around Washington Square (round 14th st/Bleecker St. or so?) is good for music and t-shirt shops and a general laid back vibe. If you hang around outside the Rockefeller Centre of a morning you might get asked to be an audience member for a TV show.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-08-17 11:46:29)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

CameronPoe wrote:

Take in a game of whatever sport is going in Madison Square Garden
No sports are going on atm in MSG. Hockey (Rangers) and Basketball (Knicks) are both in the off season. For the Rangers, no preseason games until late September.

Hence why I said he should catch a Yankee game. They're the best team in the league right now and they're extremely exciting to watch.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

Poseidon wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

No sports are going on atm in MSG. Hockey (Rangers) and Basketball (Knicks) are both in the off season. For the Rangers, no preseason games until late September.

Hence why I said he should catch a Yankee game. They're the best team in the league right now and they're extremely exciting to watch.
Shame, I've seen the Rangers and the Knicks on two seperate trips, the venue is pretty cool.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD
Run around saying you have a bomb
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Run around saying you have a bomb
/win

Apply a thick black fake beard and ask a police officer where the nearest flight school is.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-08-17 11:50:22)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Step 1 is to get drunk, the rest of the steps will just happen from there on
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

CameronPoe wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Shame, I've seen the Rangers and the Knicks on two seperate trips, the venue is pretty cool.
Go to a Ranger game wearing an Islanders jersey (or vice versa). You'll really get a taste of the American spirit.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

Poseidon wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Go to a Ranger game wearing an Islanders jersey (or vice versa). You'll really get a taste of the American spirit.
I was suprised by the vitriol thrown out by the Rangers fans, one guy behind us stood up after Rangers - his own team - conceded a goal and started shouting 'You're fucking shit!' and a lot of other 'less than supportive' language.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England

CameronPoe wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I was suprised by the vitriol thrown out by the Rangers fans, one guy behind us stood up after Rangers - his own team - conceded a goal and started shouting 'You're fucking shit!' and a lot of other 'less than supportive' language.
Admit it, even if it wasn't the Rangers F.C we know in Scotland, you still smiled at the sight of seeing someone hurl abuse at Rangers
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

CameronPoe wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

lol, that's nothing. They booed this guy:

https://thehockeywriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/redden.jpg

(Wade Redden)

Just because he wasn't living up to his contract. He pretty much got booed the entire second half of the season. Quite entertaining actually.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

Dauntless wrote:

the last time we went, we called ahead and got tickets for Letterman.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/photos/Img_4891.jpg
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6743|London

Thanks Poseidon, Ted and Cam. Pretty good list of places I'll probably go to there.

CameronPoe wrote:

Well I'm already going to the venue so it's ok.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
going to see a yankees game is good too, totally different atmosphere from sports over here
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Brasso
+1,549|6631

Dauntless wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

k

no
What you chattin haffey?
answering your questions duh
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

Dauntless wrote:

Ah cool! I went in may this year. Did a cruise around the top half Bottom half of manhattan. Went to the statue of liberty. Went to the WTC site. To the USS Intrepid, Empire State Building, Times Square and Central Park ofc and made a one day trip to DC.

Last edited by RDMC (2009-08-17 12:19:12)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard