Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6753|Scotland

Varegg wrote:

Edwin van der Sar - for sure
Nemanja Vidić - for sure
Xavi Hernández - all 3 are excellent players
Cristiano Ronaldo - Messi scored in the final but this is about more than one game
Er.... More goals, more assists in EVERY competition by Messi. How can you compare Ronaldo to that? He had a shit season.
Kez
+778|5700|London, UK
fight
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5761|Belgium

Zimmer wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Nemanja Vidić - for sure
Cristiano Ronaldo - Messi scored in the final but this is about more than one game
Er.... More goals, more assists in EVERY competition by Messi. How can you compare Ronaldo to that? He had a shit season.
Shit man, sometimes I wonder if you even are letting people discuss this, as soon as someone says CR you start biting their nose off, geez.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6753|Scotland

Jebus wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Nemanja Vidić - for sure
Shit man, sometimes I wonder if you even are letting people discuss this, as soon as someone says CR you start biting their nose off, geez.
Meh. He won it last year. He wont win it again.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6670|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Zimmer wrote:

To be honest
That isn't going to happen with your Barca tinted glasses though.

I do agree that Barca were the team last year, but Man Utd were a whisker away, it was only a game or two that spilt them.  Some may say if the ref had did his job at 'The Bridge' correctly those players wouldn't be that list.

Iniesta deserves to be without question, as does Messi and Ronaldo, Vidic, all the others have question marks IMO, big difference with TBH.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6753|Scotland

1927 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

To be honest
That isn't going to happen with your Barca tinted glasses though.

I do agree that Barca were the team last year, but Man Utd were a whisker away, it was only a game or two that spilt them.  Some may say if the ref had did his job at 'The Bridge' correctly those players wouldn't be that list.

Iniesta deserves to be without question, as does Messi and Ronaldo, Vidic, all the others have question marks IMO, big difference with TBH.
If the ref had done the job at Camp Nou, you could say the exact same thing. Football is football, mistakes are always made and that is what makes it. Yeah, they went through with a pinch of luck, but it wasn't all for them, they could have won in Camp Nou if the ref had given the penalties as well.

The facts remain

Messi for last season : 51 appearances : 38 goals
Ronaldo last season : 53 appearances : 26 goals

Who scored the definitive winner in the final? Messi.

I can be clouded about Barcelona all I like, but fact remains that Messi was much better than Ronaldo last season. As shown by the magnificent header he put away in the Final, when all the commentators were saying Ronaldo was a more rounded player because he can head the ball. Lulz.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England
Even if Zimmer is one of the most biased football fans out there, he's right that Messi outdid Ronaldo last season, without a shadow of a doubt.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6670|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I couldnt agree more, last season Messi had the edge over Ronaldo.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6807|Nårvei

Zimmer wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Nemanja Vidić - for sure
Ronaldo is way more spectacular as a player ... that's why ... Ronaldo is a prick but he is the better player
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5761|Belgium
*hides*
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Van Der Sar, Terry, Xavi and Messi won it. If anyone's watching the live draw on Sky Sports news. Maybe surprised that Terry won over Vidic, and Xavi over Iniesta.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6729|St. Andrews / Oslo

Jenspm wrote:

Van Der Sar, John Terry, Xavi, Messi
My God I'm good.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6668|UK

Red Forman wrote:

ok.  well, go celtic!
wtf?!
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5397

m3thod wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

ok.  well, go celtic!
wtf?!
they let me down.  so fuck em.
m3thod
+2,197|6668|UK

Red Forman wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

ok.  well, go celtic!
wtf?!
switching around to the better team(s) is really poor form..

or was it you found it its cam's & braddock team....

Last edited by m3thod (2009-08-27 11:43:14)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5397

m3thod wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

m3thod wrote:

wtf?!
i grew up in cleveland.  i demand a little slack.
m3thod
+2,197|6668|UK

Red Forman wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

i grew up in cleveland.  i demand a little slack.
it's called glory supporting.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5397
lol i dont even know who half these teams are.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Only Irishmen and Irish Republican terrorists support Celtic. If you're a true blue Brit or true blue Scot, you support Rangers. That's the general consensus. You could replace Irish and British/Scottish with Catholic and Protestant respectively too. That's why you always see Celtic fans waving around Irish flags (like yesterday against Arsenal) and Rangers the Union Flag

That's why there's such a fierce rivalry between the two clubs, also. Not just because they're the two top clubs in Scotland and they both hail from the same city.
m3thod
+2,197|6668|UK
you forgot the mooslims supporting celtic.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Mekstizzle wrote:

I'm a Rangers guy myself, purely for sectarian reasons, even though I have almost no connection to all of that whatsoever, you have to choose a side in these sorts of conflicts, innit.
Although even before I learnt about all this sectarian shit, I always preferred Rangers over Celtic. Although I liked Larsson and Nakamura

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard