Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
holy shit, that's like Fallout...60!

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/quakecon-trailer-rage/54146[/video]

I really wasn't that excited for this until I saw August's GameInformer. Now with this video...even moreso.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North
looks ...interesting
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

blatant fallout ripoff.

But it looks better.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Reciprocity
+721|6579|the dank(super) side of Oregon
is that much ripoff even legal?
Brasso
+1,549|6629

iirc i read about rage in pc gamer before i ever read anything about fallout 3.  also iirc, i think they said it was a shooter/driving game hybrid
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6758|San Antonio, Texas
It's by ID, they probably were coding this game before fallout 1 was ever released!

But seriously, I <3 ID, and I think this game looks great.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6642

It may also be worth mentioning the id is now owned by ZeniMax, the same publisher that owns Bethesda, the makers of Fallout 3.

Just because it is coming out after Fallout 3's release hardly makes it a ripoff. I'm sure it was in development long before the release of FO3, especially knowing id's track record. Besides, it's not going to be an RPG like FO3.

Looks interesting regardless.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6188|Canada

I'll try it out for sure. Looks a lot like fallout 3 but different at the same time.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England

OmniDeath wrote:

It may also be worth mentioning the id is now owned by ZeniMax, the same publisher that owns Bethesda, the makers of Fallout 3.

Just because it is coming out after Fallout 3's release hardly makes it a ripoff. I'm sure it was in development long before the release of FO3, especially knowing id's track record. Besides, it's not going to be an RPG like FO3.

I thought it was going to be an RPG, or am I getting confused. I heard something like "Racing game/FPS" or something, all these acronyms are too much.

Is this that game where they say there's millions of variations of the weapons you can use because of all the customisation
OmniDeath
~
+726|6642

Mekstizzle wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

I thought it was going to be an RPG, or am I getting confused. I heard something like "Racing game/FPS" or something, all these acronyms are too much.

Wikipedia wrote:

Rage is an upcoming first-person shooter and racing video game in development by id Software. It will use the company's new id Tech 5 engine. The game was announced on August 2, 2007 at QuakeCon. On the same day, a trailer for the game was released by Gametrailers.com
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
Megaton looked really, really similar to Junktown, which looked really, really Similar to Barter Town.

You can't copyright the apocalypse, and the whole "Road Warrior" look is just what most people think it will be like.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6625|Canada
Im not excited in the least for this. looks too cartoony for my tastes
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6642|England
Can someone outly the premises of the game for me?

and no, I dont need you to google it for me....
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6352|West NY

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Megaton looked really, really similar to Junktown, which looked really, really Similar to Barter Town.

You can't copyright the apocalypse, and the whole "Road Warrior" look is just what most people think it will be like.
Thank you, Doc.
Who ever said the whole post-apocalyptic wasteland theme was native only to FALLOUT?
Now anyway, this looks like it could be a very good game. Otherwise, it'll suck nutsack.

Oh, and Poseidon, what's with the "x 20"?

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Im not excited in the least for this. looks too cartoony for my tastes
Don't tell me you play World of Warcraft, Left 4 Dead or TF2.

Last edited by Noobpatty (2009-08-14 18:16:31)

Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6352|West NY
On second thought, the intro sentence is practically a reworded version of the Fallout 3 intro. ("Though it was not, as some predicted, the end of the world.") The "mutants" apparently have their own "behemoth" as well.

For comparison:

Last edited by Noobpatty (2009-08-14 18:21:49)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York

Noobpatty wrote:

Oh, and Poseidon, what's with the "x 20"?
It looks like a much more open space and much more extensive (is that even possible?) than Fallout 3.

Probably not as many like, little spots/encounters like Fallout 3 (Andale, Dunwich Building, Alien Crash Site/Firelance) though.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715
EA as a publisher... Please release a full game without patches >.<
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6342
At least it looks like your guns are actually hitting where you are pointing them. And it looks like you got enough ammo too.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6352|West NY

Sisco10 wrote:

At least it looks like your guns are actually hitting where you are pointing them. And it looks like you got enough ammo too.
There's something fun about a game where you've got to conserve your ammo and be resourceful. Not like Resident Evil 4 on first run, where you've got to get a headshot with every round, but where you've got other options besides killing every enemy with pure firepower. After all, it is a wasteland. Not every enemy's going to be peeking up above cover to take pot shots at you for 20 minutes straight 'til one of you gets hit and are out of the fight. Ammo would be understandably scarce for regular civilian survivors.

Last edited by Noobpatty (2009-08-15 11:54:14)

jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

looks like a half-life style game with a fallout style theme with id's cheesy selection of voice acting.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6352|West NY

jsnipy wrote:

id's cheesy selection of voice acting.
The only cheesy thing I thought was the Sheriff guy with the whole "you might be the man for the job" thing. The rest seemed to have a nice Bioshock-like feeling to them.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6342

Noobpatty wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

There's something fun about a game where you've got to conserve your ammo and be resourceful. Not like Resident Evil 4 on first run, where you've got to get a headshot with every round, but where you've got other options besides killing every enemy with pure firepower. After all, it is a wasteland. Not every enemy's going to be peeking up above cover to take pot shots at you for 20 minutes straight 'til one of you gets hit and are out of the fight. Ammo would be understandably scarce for regular civilian survivors.
Sure, but then don´t design a gameplay which gives you the illusion of being able to aim precisly, like an FPS, and then make actually hitting something dependent on stats and chance.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Sisco10 wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Sure, but then don´t design a gameplay which gives you the illusion of being able to aim precisly, like an FPS, and then make actually hitting something dependent on stats and chance.
Well it was after a fucking nuclear war. Don't expect guns to exactly shoot very straight.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652

Cybargs wrote:

Well it was after a fucking nuclear war. Don't expect guns to exactly shoot very straight.
How do you think guns work
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6404|NSW, Australia

Lucien wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

How do you think guns work
radiation directly effects the accuracy of guns, DUH!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard