CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6122|Carnoustie MASSIF

BBC wrote:

https://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46187000/jpg/_46187457_schum466_body.jpg
Seven-time Formula 1 champion Michael Schumacher has abandoned his comeback with Ferrari because of a neck injury.
The 40-year-old, who retired at the end of 2006, was set to deputise for the injured Felipe Massa at the European Grand Prix in Valencia on 23 August.
"Unfortunately we did not manage to get a grip on the pain in the neck which occurred after the private F1-day in Mugello," Schumacher told his website.
Veteran Ferrari test driver Luca Badoer will now stand in for Massa.
Schumacher aggravated a neck injury he originally suffered in a bike accident in February whilst trying out a 2007 F1 car as he set about making his comeback.

But the 40-year-old German revealed: "The consequences of the injuries caused by the bike accident, fractures in the area of head and neck, unfortunately have turned out to be still too severe.
"That is why my neck cannot stand the extreme stresses caused by F1 yet. These are the clear results of the examinations we did on the course of the past two weeks and the final examination on Monday afternoon.
Source

That's really gutting, I couldn't wait for him to set foot in an F1 Car again
Kez
+778|5694|London, UK
Always a risk, and I can't help but feeling disappointed too.. Hamilton vs Schumacher would have been amazing
Amdi Peter
peut-ĂȘtre
+111|5539|paris
No big suprise there imo.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6624

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6611|Mhz

Seems like a massive hoax TBH, ferrari was lacking publicity with their lack of wins so they came up with his amazing comeback, then cancel it. I know of plenty of people who have bought tickets just to go see him, I've not spoken to them but, I'd imagine they'll be pretty pissed off right now.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6624

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Seems like a massive hoax TBH, ferrari was lacking publicity with their lack of wins so they came up with his amazing comeback, then cancel it. I know of plenty of people who have bought tickets just to go see him, I've not spoken to them but, I'd imagine they'll be pretty pissed off right now.
Yeah, my uncle booked a holiday to see Monza. Haha, sucks
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5392
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6122|Carnoustie MASSIF
Observe the name of that thread.

Now, observe the name of this thread.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6541|UK

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Cant help but think your on the money mate, it did seem a bit of hollywood, still, fun while it lasted, I wanted to see him rape kimi, no such luck   I've also heard that his pace was apparantly way off, understandable.  Am sure ruining his reputation, as the (statistically) greatest drive in F1 history, by getting owned of, say, a torro rosso, crossed his mind.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard