Moderated
+2,285|6766

SEREVENT wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

School =/= College
College =/= University
University =/= School.
Whats the difference between college and uni?
You do A Levels in College, and most people go to College after Secondary School.
In the States college and uni is essentially the same. Guess college in the UK is more like Senior year with all AP's or a community college.

But hey schloppy, good luck on that job at the shipyard after the navy.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6461|'Murka

Cybargs wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

You do A Levels in College, and most people go to College after Secondary School.
In the States college and uni is essentially the same. Guess college in the UK is more like Senior year with all AP's or a community college.

Colleges are subsets of Universities here.

College of Engineering at the University of Oklahoma, for example.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
jsnipy
+3,276|6572|...

Cybargs wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

https://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9725/portfolio5ccking5c91383.jpg
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6598|San Diego, CA, USA
Take classes at the local community college and eventually find a better job.  If you increase your skills you won't be forced to take a crappy job.  Either that or sleep with the boss' daughter and get a promotion - your choice.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6180|Carnoustie MASSIF

Cybargs wrote:

Yeah, that's exactly what happens after you become qualified in the navy isn't it.
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5547|England
Except you won't get qualified, you'll start crying after about 3 days and run home.
CammRobb
Banned

SamBo:D wrote:

Except you won't get qualified, you'll start crying after about 3 days and run home.
Yes, I'm sure I will.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5635

Cybargs wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

Great but I looked it up, the U.K. government subsidizes colleges cost of all students and puts tuition caps right? If that is the case what the hell do you have as an excuse not to go to college or university or whatever the hell you wan to call it for whatever reason?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6766

SirSchloppy wrote:

Yes, I'm sure I will.
Hmm you might be the guy that has the clean the lantrines and sweep the deck. Very very important skill might I add.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6497|Boulder, CO

Macbeth wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

Great but I looked it up, the U.K. government subsidizes colleges cost of all students and puts tuition caps right? If that is the case what the hell do you have as an excuse not to go to college or university or whatever the hell you wan to call it for whatever reason?
Shite grades, thats the only reason i know of not to go in really.

For the record i wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

Last edited by Noobeater (2009-08-08 10:40:45)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6731|Disaster Free Zone

KuSTaV wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

School =/= College
College =/= University
University =/= School.
College (here mostly referred to as tafe) offer trade certificates and diplomas. While University offers degrees in more academic fields.
CammRobb
Banned

Macbeth wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

Right, in Scotland, we have SAAS, and SAAS fund your college/uni course.

I attended college to do Business Management, but I got totally fed up with it, I found it pretty easy, but the Lecturers were shite, the course on Computing took the piss, I never had a Lecturer for one of the classes for 5 weeks.

Just a shambles really.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6766

SirSchloppy wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

I attended college to do Business Management, but I got totally fed up with it, I found it pretty easy, but the Lecturers were shite, the course on Computing took the piss, I never had a Lecturer for one of the classes for 5 weeks.

Just a shambles really.
If you think your professors are shit then have fun in the Navy lol.
CammRobb
Banned

Cybargs wrote:

SirSchloppy wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Just a shambles really.
I've grown to realise that. This is my final chance at actually doing something with my life. I don't plan on screwing it up.
Banned
+236|5547|England
be funny if you do
CammRobb
Banned

be funny if you do
For you.

And your sentence should be preceded with 'It will'.

Last edited by SirSchloppy (2009-08-08 11:03:44)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6766

SirSchloppy wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

SirSchloppy wrote:

Just a shambles really.
I've grown to realise that. This is my final chance at actually doing something with my life. I don't plan on screwing it up.
10 bucks says you'll quit in a week.
Banned
+236|5547|England
you're*
CammRobb
Banned

Cybargs wrote:

SirSchloppy wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Fucks sake, give me a bit more credit than that.
Banned
+236|5547|England
And your sentence should be preceded with 'For'.
CammRobb
Banned

And your sentence should be preceded with 'For'.
Not really, it's a colloquialism.
Banned
+236|5547|England
I've heard setting your face on fire is a colloquialism too?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6766

SirSchloppy wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

SirSchloppy wrote:

Burning a condom on your face made you completely lose all credibility as an intelligent or moreso, a valuable individual to any work place.
CammRobb
Banned

Cybargs wrote:

SirSchloppy wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Burning a condom on your face made you completely lose all credibility as an intelligent or moreso, a valuable individual to any work place.
I'm sure it did, 'cause for a start that'll will definitely be at the top of my CV when applying for anything in the future.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6682

Why don't you guys just lay off him?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard