alexb
<3
+590|5946|Kentucky, USA

Can anyone help me with the following questions 3, 4, and 6?
Karma will be rewarded for help.
https://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt65/saheeeb/Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited by alexb (2009-07-29 20:43:18)

VicktorVauhn
+319|6398|Southern California
You lazy fuck do your own homework. You can get at least some of those.

Shit, at least try and let us know where your stuck, rather then just posting up a copy so people can do your work for you.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6638

It's not his, is it alex D:
alexb
<3
+590|5946|Kentucky, USA

I need help on 3,4, and 6. I can solve 1,2, and 5 myself. Sorry for failing to mention that in the OP.
VicktorVauhn

alexb wrote:

I need help on 3,4, and 6. I can solve 1,2, and 5 myself. Sorry for failing to mention that in the OP.
Those one you basicly look at how much of one thing is used up compaired to another in a reaction, or how much is used up compaired to how much is produced.

You know dimensional analysis? Its very much the same thing.

so say you have like 2H that mixes with stuff to produce stuff & 1H20

for every 2 h you put in your getting out 1 h20
So if you have X moles of H, your gonna get 1/2 X H2O

You gotta do it with the number of atoms though, and not with mass, so convert to moles and look at how much of what ever you use in the reaction, and how much of something else is used... then the ratio is used to convert via dimensional analysis.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5603|Vacationland
3. Just Multiply 7.8*3 and divide 35/5 and multiply times three and take the lowest number
3. D
4. Just divide the number of grams by respective molecular weight and take the lowest number and multiply by the molecular weight of H2SO4
4.C
alexb
<3
+590|5946|Kentucky, USA

Thank you both very much. I was unsure about my answers on 3 and 4, and you both managed to clarify them. I am clueless about number 6 though. Anyone willing to explain it to me? Again, thanks.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5603|Vacationland

alexb wrote:

Thank you both very much. I was unsure about my answers on 3 and 4, and you both managed to clarify them. I am clueless about number 6 though. Anyone willing to explain it to me? Again, thanks.
I'm getting 82%
alexb
<3
+590|5946|Kentucky, USA

Narupug wrote:

alexb wrote:

I'm getting 82%

Better than what I got, I don;t even know where to start.

Last edited by alexb (2009-07-29 21:05:41)

Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5603|Vacationland
Got it I had the molecular weight of Water wrong /facepalm
6. Just divide to get moles water then divide to get moles hydrogen and multiply to get grams hydrogen and divide the actual yield by the theoretical yield to get percent yield
6. C
alexb
<3
+590|5946|Kentucky, USA

Narupug wrote:

6. Just divide to get moles water then divide to get moles hydrogen and multiply to get grams hydrogen and divide the actual yield by the theoretical yield to get percent yield
6. C
https://i31.tinypic.com/t65icx.jpg

Narupug, thank you very much. I will karma you forever, every time I see a post of yours.

<3

Thank you everyone else who helped too.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5603|Vacationland

alexb wrote:

Narupug wrote:

6. C
http://i31.tinypic.com/t65icx.jpg

Narupug, thank you very much. I will karma you forever, every time I see a post of yours.

<3

Thank you everyone else who helped too.
Glad I could help...I still feel stupid about the molecular weight of water thing
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6355|Belfast
Its the summer, what are you doing??
alexb
<3
+590|5946|Kentucky, USA

henno13 wrote:

Some eSchool business. It's garbage. It forces you to view a slide show, slide by slide. Then it quizzes you throughout the slide show, and if you don't get the right answers the first time, you start the slide show over. After the slide show there is a "Quiz", and this "Quiz", I had a hard time with. And then there's "Tests".

I may need some more help in the future. Anyone willing to help me will be <3'd forever.

Last edited by alexb (2009-07-30 06:46:57)

Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6656|Keyboard

alexb wrote:

Teachers are always good at that.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5603|Vacationland

alexb wrote:

henno13 wrote:

Some eSchool business. It's garbage. It forces you to view a slide show, slide by slide. Then it quizzes you throughout the slide show, and if you don't get the right answers the first time, you start the slide show over. After the slide show there is a "Quiz", and this "Quiz", I had a hard time with. And then there's "Tests".

I may need some more help in the future. Anyone willing to help me will be <3'd forever.
Always ready and willing
alexb
<3
+590|5946|Kentucky, USA

Narupug wrote:

alexb wrote:

henno13 wrote:

Always ready and willing
Can I contact you via Xfire/AIM/MSN/someotherformofmessaging?

<3
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5603|Vacationland

alexb wrote:

Narupug wrote:

alexb wrote:

Always ready and willing
Can I contact you via Xfire/AIM/MSN/someotherformofmessaging?

<3
YIM?
XChat?
alexb
<3
+590|5946|Kentucky, USA

Narupug wrote:

YIM?
alexbay13
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5592

I don't know much about chemistry but I know that we got it :3
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6638

Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5603|Vacationland

Macbeth wrote:

I don't know much about chemistry but I know that we got it :3
*stab*
alexb
<3
+590|5946|Kentucky, USA

Chemistry is great, I do enjoy it. But only when I understand it.
It's really challenging. (For me at least.)

VicktorVauhn

alexb wrote:

Chemistry is great, I do enjoy it. But only when I understand it.
It's really challenging. (For me at least.)

It sucks because starting out you can't really understand it because you already need to understand it for it to make sense (lol)

You basically have to memorize enough until you know enough for it to be able to be explained, THEN it will make sense.
I fucking hated it. But its interesting shit to know.
Jonaphatus
+10|6612|Copenhagen
You have to be kidding.....

IT'S FOOKING LOGIC.

Right, you might not understand some of the tems.

But all it is.

To simplify...

A Human.  1 head... 1 body... 2 arms... 2 legs...

If I have 100 heads 120 bodies 400 arms and 600 legs.......... How many Humans could I make !!!!!!

Chemistry, Just try and make it something tangible.

It's pretty obvious that only 100 humans "are" available........... Chemistry!!!!

So before you start throwing cr@p around because you haven't "wrapped" your head around it.... SHUT IT

1+1=2 2x2=4 and so forth...at least until you get into advanced math.... NOT CHEMISTRY

Then start b!tching, cause that's when things start getting seriously fooked up.

So Flammable, inflammable who knew???

Please Alex, If you have anymore "problems"... Lets see if we can't wrap your head around it.

Cheers

Jona

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard