FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

TimesOnline wrote:

What is the latest on the situation with Felipe Massa and Ferrari, and who is most likely to replace him for the remainder of the season?

Nothing can be ruled out or in for Ferrari at the moment. They don't yet know the extent of the injuries to Felipe, they don't know if he will ever be able to drive again or indeed if he does return, whether that would be this season or next. Everything is up in the air.

Ferrari's biggest concern is who they put in the car in Valencia in three weeks' time. Mark Gene is their third driver but there is a growing feeling that it is unlikely he will be risked. Luca Badoer is another who could come in, but one alternative is Michael Schumacher, who is still contracted to Ferrari, but who hasn't driven competitively since the end of the 2006 season.

It would be a spectacular story if it did happen and at this stage it certainly can't be ruled out. A potential problem could be an injury that Schumacher is carrying after a motorbike accident he had in February. He damaged his back and his shoulder in that fall but it is unclear to what extent that would limit his ability to drive a Formula One car.
Source

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Kez
+778|5700|London, UK
Unlikely, his manager has denied it, Ferrari have denied it and Bernie Ecclestone has denied it

Ferrari have two test drivers that are eager for places

and it's been mentioned
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Bring on the new blood.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6128|Carnoustie MASSIF
I would love to see Shumi back in a car for a few races, see how the old master compares to the young apprentices.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6630

He's only been out for three years

Shit, I bet he'd still rip em apart. <3 Schui
Kez
+778|5700|London, UK

Gooners wrote:

Lol, he's probably not as fit as he once was, Ilford
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6471|6 6 4 oh, I forget

HÄKKINEN!!!! z0mG!!! Ya right...
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6630

Kptk92 wrote:

Gooners wrote:

I know that, but who else could take his place? some test driver?
Kez
+778|5700|London, UK

Gooners wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

Gooners wrote:

I know that, but who else could take his place? some test driver?
Ferrari have two test drivers that want a seat. That's what the test driver/s do, they fill in. For example, De La Rosa filled in for McLaren in 2006 when Montoya left for NASCAR
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6706|England. Stoke
I don't think it's likely to happen. Why come back now driving in a Ferrari car that is frankly cack compared to what it used to be, he comes back does shit and adds a shitty footnote to his career...
Kez
+778|5700|London, UK

coke wrote:

I don't think it's likely to happen. Why come back now driving in a Ferrari car that is frankly cack compared to what it used to be, he comes back does shit and adds a shitty footnote to his career...
Yeah, the expectation is high if he sat in another F1 car
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

FatherTed wrote:

TimesOnline wrote:

What is the latest on the situation with Felipe Massa and Ferrari, and who is most likely to replace him for the remainder of the season?

Nothing can be ruled out or in for Ferrari at the moment. They don't yet know the extent of the injuries to Felipe, they don't know if he will ever be able to drive again or indeed if he does return, whether that would be this season or next. Everything is up in the air.

Ferrari's biggest concern is who they put in the car in Valencia in three weeks' time. Mark Gene is their third driver but there is a growing feeling that it is unlikely he will be risked. Luca Badoer is another who could come in, but one alternative is Michael Schumacher, who is still contracted to Ferrari, but who hasn't driven competitively since the end of the 2006 season.

It would be a spectacular story if it did happen and at this stage it certainly can't be ruled out. A potential problem could be an injury that Schumacher is carrying after a motorbike accident he had in February. He damaged his back and his shoulder in that fall but it is unclear to what extent that would limit his ability to drive a Formula One car.
Source

You are aware that that's just speculation on the part of the Times, and not based on anything factual whatsoever, other than that he used to drive for Ferrari?
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6471|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6563|England

Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6569

Snake wrote:

Confirmed, he is returning!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp … 172310.stm

ZOMG

it's true

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954, … 92,00.html

lol now where's that quote from his agent or whatever. "i'm not 100% certain he won't return, i'm 200% certain" STFU YOU TWAT
Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5545|paris
Very weird.

This morning I read in a paper that he had said he definitely didn't return to drive..

Turncoat.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

ghettoperson wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

TimesOnline wrote:

Source

You are aware that that's just speculation on the part of the Times, and not based on anything factual whatsoever, other than that he used to drive for Ferrari?
Well now I look like a dumbass.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6731|Singapore
Its already confirmed on CNN, F1.com..
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6718|Ireland | Monaghan

http://ie.yahoo.com/_ylt=ApavWOrYrlkzHd … massa.html

tbh i bet he's come to race Lewis:) Gonna be epic.

Last edited by IrishGrimReaper (2009-07-29 11:25:03)

Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6674|respawn screen
Well, he can't really race for the championship as he starts with 0 points and the car isn't really the best (and he has no experience with it). I'd still put some money on him to win a race this season.

I think it's a shame, ferrari doesn't put one of the test drivers into massa's seat. None of them waited for Massa to get hurt but they've been waiting for a situation like this. I can't really understand, why they didn't put one of them into a spare car at hungarian grand prix, even if they had to start from the back of the grid, just to get some racing time.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum
ha ghetto you twat
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Kez
+778|5700|London, UK
Ahhhhhhhhhhh shit

Hamilton vs Schumacher, I do want very much!
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6629|Finland

I wonder if he can even drive the new car?
I need around tree fiddy.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

FatherTed wrote:

ha ghetto you twat
Ya fockin' dick'ead!
Kez
+778|5700|London, UK
I still think the expectation is going to be too high, considering his success. The Ferrari F60 isn't the best car on the grid at the moment and so much has happened since 2006 - the new aerodynamic changes that was seen this year, no more traction control, slick tyres (which can only be good) and also there is a lot of new talent that has arrived such as Hamilton and Vettel and there are also a lot more competitive cars including Brawn, Red Bull and the ever-improving McLaren, Renault and Williams.

But if anyone can pull off a success, it's him.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard