AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6156|what

lowing wrote:

Nothing wrong with looking at people from countries that frequent places you are at war with.
Which places are you at war with?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5589

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nothing wrong with looking at people from countries that frequent places you are at war with.
Which places are you at war with?
The AU, coalition of the willing along with Marine.
BVC
+325|6699
Yes it is possible to racially profile in some situations.  Anybody who says it is always impossible to racially profile is a fool.

The fact that it is possible to racially profile is a sure fire indicator that something is wrong with society.

Last edited by Pubic (2009-07-29 23:25:03)

Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5997|Truthistan

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

Its one thing to say look out there is a suspect and race is given as a part of that description, that's just common sense. This isn't racial profiling.

Its completely different to say terrorists are middle eastern and therefore we must screen all middle eastern people more closely. or cops pulling over low riders or blacks in Cadillacs etc etc... that's racial profiling and its wrong to permit cops to make assumptions from visual inspections from afar.... "hey that's a black guy, I bet he's got pot or crack or something" or "this is a "white" neighborhood what's this black guy doing here. That type of racial profiling is never good enough to justify stopping a person. You need more, perhaps gang activity, terrorist activity or like "gasp" actual criminal activity. 

Its obvious that the US has a racism problem. Its obvious that racist attitudes are engrained. Its good that the old generation with their backward racist views and anti-American attitudes are dieing off. But when people post things about minorities getting upset about cops stopping them, like the Harvard professor case, and say crap like well they just should have cooperated and said nothing to the cop... well if nothing is said then nothing is going to change until.... The people need to speak up.

People questioning cops when they are stopped due to racial profiling is the same as Rosa Parks refusing to give her seat up on the bus. In the eyes of some people these agitators are considered criminals.... I'd call these agitators true Americans.

Why can't a cop pull over a low rider, or a black cadillac, are low riders and black cadillacs races all of a sudden?

It is obvious that the US has a racism problem, and people like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Barrack Obama, and Henry Lewis Gates are the tip of the spear regarding it.

Gates is a racist of the gild you disdain. the cop, evidence CLEARLY shows, was right, and committed no acts of racism. Neither did the concerned citizen. Racism was in the heart of Gates and all who AUTOMATICALLY supported him, without contemplating the fact that he could be in the wrong, NOT to even the mention those that STILL refuse to acknowledge he is a racist, but contend the cop is, now that all the facts of the matter are out.
Every time you write a response you only prove me right. IMO most people in the US treasure their individual rights, and most of the world envies the freedoms that people in the US have. Racism causes inequality among individuals based on nothing more than the appearance of the individual and those judgments are not based on merit but only on hatred and stupidity. No one will ever stop a person from limiting them self, but there are lots of people who work to prevent stupid people from limiting others through asinine prejudices. Or in the case of policing, from beating down and locking up people based on nothing more than their race.

People who work to end racism are true American heroes. Racists are not and they are doomed to the trash bin of history.  I can think of no greater antithesis of the American dream than having my kids grow up in a racially divided police state. Isn't it time that US police forces transformed away from being tools for racial segregation and minority oppression.

The bigger questions are what side of history are you on? and what legacy do you want your kids to inherit?

lowing wrote:

It is obvious that the US has a racism problem, and people like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Barrack Obama, and Henry Lewis Gates are the tip of the spear regarding it.
Ummm would that be you pointing the tip of the spear on them? Is it you that doesn't like uppity agitating blacks? Thank god views like that are dieing out in MY America.

PS why use the word spear in the same sentence with those guys, a Freudian slip gives you away me thinks.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

Its one thing to say look out there is a suspect and race is given as a part of that description, that's just common sense. This isn't racial profiling.

Its completely different to say terrorists are middle eastern and therefore we must screen all middle eastern people more closely. or cops pulling over low riders or blacks in Cadillacs etc etc... that's racial profiling and its wrong to permit cops to make assumptions from visual inspections from afar.... "hey that's a black guy, I bet he's got pot or crack or something" or "this is a "white" neighborhood what's this black guy doing here. That type of racial profiling is never good enough to justify stopping a person. You need more, perhaps gang activity, terrorist activity or like "gasp" actual criminal activity. 

Its obvious that the US has a racism problem. Its obvious that racist attitudes are engrained. Its good that the old generation with their backward racist views and anti-American attitudes are dieing off. But when people post things about minorities getting upset about cops stopping them, like the Harvard professor case, and say crap like well they just should have cooperated and said nothing to the cop... well if nothing is said then nothing is going to change until.... The people need to speak up.

People questioning cops when they are stopped due to racial profiling is the same as Rosa Parks refusing to give her seat up on the bus. In the eyes of some people these agitators are considered criminals.... I'd call these agitators true Americans.

Why can't a cop pull over a low rider, or a black cadillac, are low riders and black cadillacs races all of a sudden?

Gates is a racist of the gild you disdain. the cop, evidence CLEARLY shows, was right, and committed no acts of racism. Neither did the concerned citizen. Racism was in the heart of Gates and all who AUTOMATICALLY supported him, without contemplating the fact that he could be in the wrong, NOT to even the mention those that STILL refuse to acknowledge he is a racist, but contend the cop is, now that all the facts of the matter are out.
Every time you write a response you only prove me right. IMO most people in the US treasure their individual rights, and most of the world envies the freedoms that people in the US have. Racism causes inequality among individuals based on nothing more than the appearance of the individual and those judgments are not based on merit but only on hatred and stupidity. No one will ever stop a person from limiting them self, but there are lots of people who work to prevent stupid people from limiting others through asinine prejudices. Or in the case of policing, from beating down and locking up people based on nothing more than their race.

People who work to end racism are true American heroes. Racists are not and they are doomed to the trash bin of history.  I can think of no greater antithesis of the American dream than having my kids grow up in a racially divided police state. Isn't it time that US police forces transformed away from being tools for racial segregation and minority oppression.

The bigger questions are what side of history are you on? and what legacy do you want your kids to inherit?

lowing wrote:

Ummm would that be you pointing the tip of the spear on them? Is it you that doesn't like uppity agitating blacks? Thank god views like that are dieing out in MY America.

PS why use the word spear in the same sentence with those guys, a Freudian slip gives you away me thinks.
Not really sure how I prove you right with every post. I suppose in your mind it is just because you said so. Well, unfortunately it's gunna take more than that.

Racism is alive and well in America, my position is it has become more prevalent by those looking to cash in on it, like Sharpton, Jackson, the NAACP, KKK, skinheads, and now Henry Gates Jr.

The prejudices people have are also not racial. People hate underachievers with an endless string of excuses for their failures. People are tired of being blamed for someone else who failed at life. this attitude is correct, and the only reason you call them racist, is because you do not have a legitimate excuse to despise people who despise failure. SO you must make up something like racism.

If the fact that majority of the people who fail are black, that observation is also not racist, it is the truth. If the truth offends you, too bad. Blacks are no longer held down because they are black. Black that hold negative cultural atittudes are the ONLY blacks that are being held down, and that is happening by their own accord and not "the man".

If people who work to end racism are your heroes, then this cop and NOT Gates should be your hero for this thread. The evidence is clear and NOW is undisputed by all in the know. The nutty professor is a racist, deal with it.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6500

so, this cop, professor, and president walk into a white house to have a beer . . .
Diesel_dyk
+178|5997|Truthistan

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Not really sure how I prove you right with every post. I suppose in your mind it is just because you said so. Well, unfortunately it's gunna take more than that.

Racism is alive and well in America, my position is it has become more prevalent by those looking to cash in on it, like Sharpton, Jackson, the NAACP, KKK, skinheads, and now Henry Gates Jr.

The prejudices people have are also not racial. People hate underachievers with an endless string of excuses for their failures. People are tired of being blamed for someone else who failed at life. this attitude is correct, and the only reason you call them racist, is because you do not have a legitimate excuse to despise people who despise failure. SO you must make up something like racism.

If the fact that majority of the people who fail are black, that observation is also not racist, it is the truth. If the truth offends you, too bad. Blacks are no longer held down because they are black. Black that hold negative cultural atittudes are the ONLY blacks that are being held down, and that is happening by their own accord and not "the man".

If people who work to end racism are your heroes, then this cop and NOT Gates should be your hero for this thread. The evidence is clear and NOW is undisputed by all in the know. The nutty professor is a racist, deal with it.
You prove me right every time you type because your attitudes are bubbling just underneath.

you say black culture = failure
I say you fail to recognize that the US is a multicultural society. They are black, they are queer, they are the other, its not up to them to change, its up to society to come up with an accomodation.... but in reality their mere presence changes society and its up to individuals to behave in a respectful manner towards one another.

And the more stories that come out show that there is an obvious need for diversity training to change engrained policing attitudes from tools of racism to tools for serving and protecting EVERY citizen.

Anyway, this cop took his stupid pill in the morning and thought he could pop Gates for giving him attitude standing up for his rights and get away with it, that was an obvious mistake and I bet he will act differently next time and perhaps the next time this happens the cop will walk away after checking some black guys ID instead being a smart ass and arresting him. That's how individuals stand up for their rights, just like Rosa Parks. These people are heroes when they stand up to abusive laws and to those people who abuse their authority.

The cop failed miserably on this one and his error does not make him a hero, you must have on really restrictive blinders, may be one day you'll get you head around your issues and put on some Rosa Parks Glasses...
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6571|Mountains of NC

I believe if I went to somolia i would be profiled
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

You prove me right every time you type because your attitudes are bubbling just underneath.

I say you fail to recognize that the US is a multicultural society. They are black, they are queer, they are the other, its not up to them to change, its up to society to come up with an accomodation.... but in reality their mere presence changes society and its up to individuals to behave in a respectful manner towards one another.

And the more stories that come out show that there is an obvious need for diversity training to change engrained policing attitudes from tools of racism to tools for serving and protecting EVERY citizen.

Anyway, this cop took his stupid pill in the morning and thought he could pop Gates for giving him attitude standing up for his rights and get away with it, that was an obvious mistake and I bet he will act differently next time and perhaps the next time this happens the cop will walk away after checking some black guys ID instead being a smart ass and arresting him. That's how individuals stand up for their rights, just like Rosa Parks. These people are heroes when they stand up to abusive laws and to those people who abuse their authority.

The cop failed miserably on this one and his error does not make him a hero, you must have on really restrictive blinders, may be one day you'll get you head around your issues and put on some Rosa Parks Glasses...
I stopped reading after I started the third paragragh, you seem to fail to realize that it is the people that ACT irresponsible to change, NOT up to society to accomodate them. It is also clear that you still refuse to accept the fact that it was GATES and not the cop who was wrong in this instance.
Diesel_dyk
+178|5997|Truthistan

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

I stopped reading after I started the third paragragh, you seem to fail to realize that it is the people that ACT irresponsible to change, NOT up to society to accomodate them. It is also clear that you still refuse to accept the fact that it was GATES and not the cop who was wrong in this instance.
Since you like to stop reading I'll put this first Rosa Parks is a hero, and Gates was doing the exact same thing when the cops took him from inside his own house but I guess in you're book society shouldn't have made an acomodation for her or ensure that these individuals are afforded equal protection under the law.

I really don't know where this crystalized theory of society comes from where the idea is that society is as it always has been and that it should stay the same forever, of course if it were true then we would all be running around in animal skin carrying sticks. Soceity changes, culture changes and to ignore the fact that this country is multicultural is just sticking your head in the sand. And putting you proverbial fingers in you ears and saying LALALALALA is ridiculous.

BTW your arguments about negative culture are just new age racist speak. Let me show how the semantics work.
You say you're against the culture of failure and in this case it just so happens to be negative black culture... at least I gathered that much from what you said.

Well let's flip that garbage around shall we

fill in the blank with Gates, Sharpton or whoever they are not racist they are only against the culture of failure that causes certain segments of society who engage in negative cultural practices like closeted racism, overt racism, religious right fanatism, flying confederate flags, buring crosses, white power, etc etc, it just so happens that the individuals who show a propensity for these negative white cultural characteristics are white... and then you can follow that argument up with "now that's not racist at all, and if you call it racist then that means you are a racist because I'm talking about negative white culture and you're trying to make it into a racial issue and that's racism." And Gates was engaged in a activity similar to Rosa where he was standing up against a person who was bringing these negative white culture characteristics with him to work.... he only happened to be white, so Gates was only fighting against a negative cultural aspect that leads to racial profiling and the cop only happens to be white so its not a issue of race.

Using that kind of barometer I think Rosa Parks would be called a racist because by standing up to a law and calling it racist, she entered into a debate about racism in this country and that makes her a racist in a really twisted semantic and illogical sense. But since we all know Rosa Parks is a hero for individual rights then that twisted argument must be garbage.
Yah I'm big fan of semantics, its right up there with statistics on the BS meter... peel that onion and you'll find it stinks.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

Since you like to stop reading I'll put this first Rosa Parks is a hero, and Gates was doing the exact same thing when the cops took him from inside his own house but I guess in you're book society shouldn't have made an acomodation for her or ensure that these individuals are afforded equal protection under the law.

I really don't know where this crystalized theory of society comes from where the idea is that society is as it always has been and that it should stay the same forever, of course if it were true then we would all be running around in animal skin carrying sticks. Soceity changes, culture changes and to ignore the fact that this country is multicultural is just sticking your head in the sand. And putting you proverbial fingers in you ears and saying LALALALALA is ridiculous.

BTW your arguments about negative culture are just new age racist speak. Let me show how the semantics work.
You say you're against the culture of failure and in this case it just so happens to be negative black culture... at least I gathered that much from what you said.

fill in the blank with Gates, Sharpton or whoever they are not racist they are only against the culture of failure that causes certain segments of society who engage in negative cultural practices like closeted racism, overt racism, religious right fanatism, flying confederate flags, buring crosses, white power, etc etc, it just so happens that the individuals who show a propensity for these negative white cultural characteristics are white... and then you can follow that argument up with "now that's not racist at all, and if you call it racist then that means you are a racist because I'm talking about negative white culture and you're trying to make it into a racial issue and that's racism." And Gates was engaged in a activity similar to Rosa where he was standing up against a person who was bringing these negative white culture characteristics with him to work.... he only happened to be white, so Gates was only fighting against a negative cultural aspect that leads to racial profiling and the cop only happens to be white so its not a issue of race.

Using that kind of barometer I think Rosa Parks would be called a racist because by standing up to a law and calling it racist, she entered into a debate about racism in this country and that makes her a racist in a really twisted semantic and illogical sense. But since we all know Rosa Parks is a hero for individual rights then that twisted argument must be garbage.
Yah I'm big fan of semantics, its right up there with statistics on the BS meter... peel that onion and you'll find it stinks.
Rosa Parks was a hero for her time and history has rightfully judged her as such. Fast forward 50 years. Cilvil rights has prevailed, the old attitudes are dead. The cops did not "take him from inside his own house". The cops arrested him disorderly conduct. A charge that befalls ANYONE that acts as such regardless of race..

It is the Sharptons and the Jacksons, and the Gates' that are keeping racism alive. The cop, nor the person who phoned in the call emulated any such notions or hatreds. It sucks for you that they didn't, because if they had, you would not be forced to make shit up like, the cops"took him from inside his own house".

there is no longer a negative white culture that keeps blacks down, there is only a negative black culture that keeps those fall for it down, and blaming white people
Diesel_dyk
+178|5997|Truthistan

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Rosa Parks was a hero for her time and history has rightfully judged her as such. Fast forward 50 years. Cilvil rights has prevailed, the old attitudes are dead. The cops did not "take him from inside his own house". The cops arrested him disorderly conduct. A charge that befalls ANYONE that acts as such regardless of race..

It is the Sharptons and the Jacksons, and the Gates' that are keeping racism alive. The cop, nor the person who phoned in the call emulated any such notions or hatreds. It sucks for you that they didn't, because if they had, you would not be forced to make shit up like, the cops"took him from inside his own house".

there is no longer a negative white culture that keeps blacks down, there is only a negative black culture that keeps those fall for it down, and blaming white people
You must have stopped reading after the first news story. Even right wing rags acknowledge that the cop had to knock on the door, that Gates came opened the door, that the cop entered the residence, looked over Gate's ID, asked Gated to step outside and then arrested him. So yah they took him from inside his house, I guess that doesn't fit with your obstinate black caught trying to kick down the front door fantasy.

If you doubt those facts, may be you need to read some more before you try telling me that I'm making stuff up.

And on the Rosa Parks theme here is the latest news

"Meanwhile, authorities in Cambridge announced they have created a panel to advise police on racial issues as a result of Gates' arrest.

"I am committed to making sure our city is not defined by that day. Today is the day to move forward," City Manager Robert Healy told reporters at Monday's news conference. Watch "lessons learned" panel formed »

The committee, led by "nationally recognized experts," will not investigate the arrest of Gates -- one of the nation's most prolific scholars on African-American affairs -- nor will it "make any judgments" on the officers involved, Healy said. The committee "will identify lessons to be taken from the circumstances surrounding the incident" and will advise the Police Department on how "those lessons can be applied" to its policies and practices." From Here

See just like Rosa Parks, Gates is a hero. He stood up for all of our rights, exposed bad behavior of an official, and it has started a badly needed discourse towards changing policing attitudes and recognizing that the officials that enforce the law need to recognize issues arising from the fact that we live in a multicultural society.

Sorry to tell you but the civil rights movement will never be over, because society is always changing. Actually is asinine to call for the end of the civil rights movement because "everything is all right white now" and we don't need anymore changes. But go ahead and hide your views in this new age negative culture crap semantic because it doesn't matter because its not going to stop people from demanding equal treatment. You may not like it, but then again its attitudes like yours that people are fighting against, so I don't expect you to like it , appreciate it, or respect it.

BTW I wonder where all the conservative are, they should be jumping on this over private property issues and a man's house being his castle. The fact that they aren't shows that there are some serious racial tensions issues hiding behind a thin veneer of bullshit.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6503|so randum
My dad gets pulled aside at airports a fair bit tbh, so do i occasionaly. it gets pretty boring.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6674|UK

SEREMAKER wrote:

I believe if I went to somolia i would be profiled
I heard it's great this time of year.  Wear shorts the locals love it.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6674|UK

FatherTed wrote:

My dad gets pulled aside at airports a fair bit tbh, so do i occasionaly. it gets pretty boring.
only cos you're RL adams family.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

You must have stopped reading after the first news story. Even right wing rags acknowledge that the cop had to knock on the door, that Gates came opened the door, that the cop entered the residence, looked over Gate's ID, asked Gated to step outside and then arrested him. So yah they took him from inside his house, I guess that doesn't fit with your obstinate black caught trying to kick down the front door fantasy.

If you doubt those facts, may be you need to read some more before you try telling me that I'm making stuff up.

"Meanwhile, authorities in Cambridge announced they have created a panel to advise police on racial issues as a result of Gates' arrest.

"I am committed to making sure our city is not defined by that day. Today is the day to move forward," City Manager Robert Healy told reporters at Monday's news conference. Watch "lessons learned" panel formed »

The committee, led by "nationally recognized experts," will not investigate the arrest of Gates -- one of the nation's most prolific scholars on African-American affairs -- nor will it "make any judgments" on the officers involved, Healy said. The committee "will identify lessons to be taken from the circumstances surrounding the incident" and will advise the Police Department on how "those lessons can be applied" to its policies and practices." From Here

See just like Rosa Parks, Gates is a hero. He stood up for all of our rights, exposed bad behavior of an official, and it has started a badly needed discourse towards changing policing attitudes and recognizing that the officials that enforce the law need to recognize issues arising from the fact that we live in a multicultural society.

Sorry to tell you but the civil rights movement will never be over, because society is always changing. Actually is asinine to call for the end of the civil rights movement because "everything is all right white now" and we don't need anymore changes. But go ahead and hide your views in this new age negative culture crap semantic because it doesn't matter because its not going to stop people from demanding equal treatment. You may not like it, but then again its attitudes like yours that people are fighting against, so I don't expect you to like it , appreciate it, or respect it.

BTW I wonder where all the conservative are, they should be jumping on this over private property issues and a man's house being his castle. The fact that they aren't shows that there are some serious racial tensions issues hiding behind a thin veneer of bullshit.
Again I stopped reading after the first sentence this time, if you are going to spout on with lies you have nothing worth reading.

He was not taken from his home, also every account on this matter asserts Gates refused to produce ID initially, and escalated the situation with his racial tirades. Even the minority cops in his departments backs him up as great cop and a good man.

Please start off a post with some truth so I can be bothered to read it.
Diesel_dyk
+178|5997|Truthistan

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Again I stopped reading after the first sentence this time, if you are going to spout on with lies you have nothing worth reading.

He was not taken from his home, also every account on this matter asserts Gates refused to produce ID initially, and escalated the situation with his racial tirades. Even the minority cops in his departments backs him up as great cop and a good man.

LALALALALALLAL fingers in ears LALALALLALALA LOLZ can't be bothered,  don't want to debate issues, just want to spout off some junk about prominent black leaders and spears, then why post at all?

Want me to start with some truth? OK how about

Read a little before you post and if the facts don't support what you want them to say then perhaps post in DST Fantasy land. Because DST is spelled "debate and serious talk" not troll and hit and run.
Now that's the truth/

So if you're not going to read the post (which I doubt) or if you have nothing to say other that I don't like what you wrote and I didn't read it, then don't post. Because if you post garbage I'm going to call you on it and the fact that you have nothing to reply about the semantics of new age racist speak couching itself in the language of "negative culture" then that speaks volumes

BTW the shocking facts get better, apparently the 911 caller in the Gates case says that she never talked to the cop in person prior to the cop approaching Gates, in fact she has never talked to the cop even though says she did. So this cop may have lied in his report too. http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/27/gates.arrest/

AND
Here's what the Boston Globe had to say on July 21
"Gates’s lawyer and Harvard colleague, Charles Ogletree, said what angered his client was that the police officer stepped inside Gates’s Ware Street house, uninvited, to demand identification and question him.

Gates showed his Harvard identification and Massachusetts drivers license with his home address, Ogletree said, adding, “Even after presentation of ID, the officer was still questioning his presence.’’ http://www.boston.com/news/education/hi … es_arrest/

See how helpful I am, I even highlighted the important part for you. In case you missed it here it is again inside So just in case you have a problem with the definition with the word inside here is the dictionary definition of inside "an interior or internal part or place : the part within."

So unless you have anything further to contribute I think its safe to say the cop went INSIDE this guys house and arrested him. Don't worry its OK for you to say that the cop went inside Gate's home, it won't make you a cop hater or a racist or a someone against negative white culture. Its just a fact, a fact that's not worth me wasting my time writing a half page to run circles around you, especially when you are going to put fingers in your ears and go LALALALALA
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

LALALALALALLAL fingers in ears LALALALLALALA LOLZ can't be bothered,  don't want to debate issues, just want to spout off some junk about prominent black leaders and spears, then why post at all?

Want me to start with some truth? OK how about

Read a little before you post and if the facts don't support what you want them to say then perhaps post in DST Fantasy land. Because DST is spelled "debate and serious talk" not troll and hit and run.
Now that's the truth/

So if you're not going to read the post (which I doubt) or if you have nothing to say other that I don't like what you wrote and I didn't read it, then don't post. Because if you post garbage I'm going to call you on it and the fact that you have nothing to reply about the semantics of new age racist speak couching itself in the language of "negative culture" then that speaks volumes

BTW the shocking facts get better, apparently the 911 caller in the Gates case says that she never talked to the cop in person prior to the cop approaching Gates, in fact she has never talked to the cop even though says she did. So this cop may have lied in his report too. http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/27/gates.arrest/

AND
Here's what the Boston Globe had to say on July 21
"Gates’s lawyer and Harvard colleague, Charles Ogletree, said what angered his client was that the police officer stepped inside Gates’s Ware Street house, uninvited, to demand identification and question him.

Gates showed his Harvard identification and Massachusetts drivers license with his home address, Ogletree said, adding, “Even after presentation of ID, the officer was still questioning his presence.’’ http://www.boston.com/news/education/hi … es_arrest/

See how helpful I am, I even highlighted the important part for you. In case you missed it here it is again inside So just in case you have a problem with the definition with the word inside here is the dictionary definition of inside "an interior or internal part or place : the part within."

So unless you have anything further to contribute I think its safe to say the cop went INSIDE this guys house and arrested him. Don't worry its OK for you to say that the cop went inside Gate's home, it won't make you a cop hater or a racist or a someone against negative white culture. Its just a fact, a fact that's not worth me wasting my time writing a half page to run circles around you, especially when you are going to put fingers in your ears and go LALALALALA
Nope, I would love to debate, it is simply that you are so far out into left field with your irrational beliefs, that there is no real communicating with you.

If you refuse to even acknowledge the indisputable facts of the story, there really is no place to begin. and yes I did not read it, as I did not read the majority of this post.

So when you want to start on a FACT based discussion regarding the issue, get back with me.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6408|North Carolina

Diesel_dyk wrote:

Rosa Parks is a hero, and Gates was doing the exact same thing when the cops took him from inside his own house but I guess in you're book society shouldn't have made an acomodation for her or ensure that these individuals are afforded equal protection under the law.
Rosa Parks actually was someone that activists used to ignite the issue of racism.  NPR did an interesting segment on the true history of Parks, and she was actually a bit of an activist herself.

http://www.commondreams.org/views05/1031-32.htm

Her historic refusal to go to the back of the bus was not incidental -- it was planned in connection with the NAACP.  Now, I'm not saying that makes it any less important, but it does change the context some.

Most important social changes require an organized catalyst to inspire change.  Parks was just one of many who participated in this calculated movement for equality.

Similarly, it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to assume that Gates's familiarity with racial issues would make him the kind of person who sees opportunity in making a spectacle out of a tense situation like this one.

As Boyce Watkins (another black scholar) put it recently, this was more like a battle of 2 egos than any genuine civil disobedience in defiance of racism.  What Rosa Parks did took guts.  What Gates did only took arrogance, just like the cop's decision to arrest a man he recognized as Gates did.
Diesel_dyk
+178|5997|Truthistan

lowing wrote:

Nope, I would love to debate, it is simply that you are so far out into left field with your irrational beliefs, that there is no real communicating with you.

If you refuse to even acknowledge the indisputable facts of the story, there really is no place to begin. and yes I did not read it, as I did not read the majority of this post.

So when you want to start on a FACT based discussion regarding the issue, get back with me.
Its one thing to "say" yoiu would love to debate, but its obvious you have no appetite for having your arguments deconstructed. you've scuttled like a crab. My advice to you is stand up for your statements and take your ass beating like a man when you say something stupid, instead of crying about how I'm not going to let you frame the debate. BTW the first thing you should know is that the person who gets to frame the debate takes control, so you're deluding yourself if you think I'm going to let you frame the debate into a little narrow box that's flung far off into the crazy 10 percenter space where the crap you spew is to be taken as fact. And just because you state something is a fact doesn't make it fact just because you label it as such. If you did have facts to present then I think you have had ample time to link to these imaginary undisputable facts. In fact, I would very much like to know what piles of mush you must be reading to have such a skewed view of society. Until you decide to contribute something tangable to a debate, your "debatable" debating amounts to nothing more than an ass bleating. Kind of reminds me of this.....

Now before you whine.... take like a man
Diesel_dyk
+178|5997|Truthistan

Turquoise wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

Rosa Parks is a hero, and Gates was doing the exact same thing when the cops took him from inside his own house but I guess in you're book society shouldn't have made an acomodation for her or ensure that these individuals are afforded equal protection under the law.
Rosa Parks actually was someone that activists used to ignite the issue of racism.  NPR did an interesting segment on the true history of Parks, and she was actually a bit of an activist herself.

http://www.commondreams.org/views05/1031-32.htm

Her historic refusal to go to the back of the bus was not incidental -- it was planned in connection with the NAACP.  Now, I'm not saying that makes it any less important, but it does change the context some.

Most important social changes require an organized catalyst to inspire change.  Parks was just one of many who participated in this calculated movement for equality.

Similarly, it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to assume that Gates's familiarity with racial issues would make him the kind of person who sees opportunity in making a spectacle out of a tense situation like this one.

As Boyce Watkins (another black scholar) put it recently, this was more like a battle of 2 egos than any genuine civil disobedience in defiance of racism.  What Rosa Parks did took guts.  What Gates did only took arrogance, just like the cop's decision to arrest a man he recognized as Gates did.
I would agree. I would even agree that Gates was probably looking for it after all he was arresting in 2004 by Harvard police for lack of ID and for being black on campus. So I would say that Gates may have had four years to think about how he would have handled the situation differently... and then it happened again in his own home. May be Gates is arrogant, may be he was looking for it, but it doesn't change the fact that there is an issue regarding policing tactics/policy and he call it to the public attention just like Rosa Parks did. The fact that he was probably mentally prepared for the situtation doesn't change to fact that he stood up for his rights and call it like he saw it. A man's home is his castle, even if he is black.

The actions that individuals take are the first line of defense for our individual rights.

IMO some people are POed because the cop stepped in a pile crap, its raised the racism issue which was supposed to settled because PBO was elected and now there is momentum for change. In fact the city has already started a review panel. Any change regarding policing policies to control how cops approach minorities can only improve the view that the justice system is just and fair to each and every individual in the country.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6408|North Carolina

Diesel_dyk wrote:

May be Gates is arrogant, may be he was looking for it, but it doesn't change the fact that there is an issue regarding policing tactics/policy and he call it to the public attention just like Rosa Parks did. The fact that he was probably mentally prepared for the situtation doesn't change to fact that he stood up for his rights and call it like he saw it. A man's home is his castle, even if he is black.
You can be arrested for disorderly conduct within the confines of your own home if a cop deems it as necessary.  This is a law that grants a certain amount of discretion to cops (maybe too much for some of them), but in reality, what Gates did was punishable by law.  The police report more or less stated that he was being verbally abusive to the cops during the questioning.  Black or white, you can be arrested for that.

Diesel_dyk wrote:

The actions that individuals take are the first line of defense for our individual rights.
I agree, but there is no right to disorderly conduct.

Diesel_dyk wrote:

IMO some people are POed because the cop stepped in a pile crap, its raised the racism issue which was supposed to settled because PBO was elected and now there is momentum for change. In fact the city has already started a review panel. Any change regarding policing policies to control how cops approach minorities can only improve the view that the justice system is just and fair to each and every individual in the country.
From what I understand, Boston is a city with a long history of racial tension.  I've known a few people from there, and many of them have pointed out racial issues among law enforcement.  So, while I would agree that this is one of the few positive outcomes of this, I would still suggest that Gates is basically a race-baiting douchebag.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Its one thing to "say" yoiu would love to debate, but its obvious you have no appetite for having your arguments deconstructed. you've scuttled like a crab. My advice to you is stand up for your statements and take your ass beating like a man when you say something stupid, instead of crying about how I'm not going to let you frame the debate. BTW the first thing you should know is that the person who gets to frame the debate takes control, so you're deluding yourself if you think I'm going to let you frame the debate into a little narrow box that's flung far off into the crazy 10 percenter space where the crap you spew is to be taken as fact. And just because you state something is a fact doesn't make it fact just because you label it as such. If you did have facts to present then I think you have had ample time to link to these imaginary undisputable facts. In fact, I would very much like to know what piles of mush you must be reading to have such a skewed view of society. Until you decide to contribute something tangable to a debate, your "debatable" debating amounts to nothing more than an ass bleating. Kind of reminds me of this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znowCx_y7nU

Now before you whine.... take like a man
Sorry, all I need to hear from you is how Gates is a hero in your mind and how the cop is a racist. Even after all the evidence CLEARLY shows GAtes was race baiting. The facts do not support your opinion of the cop, nor do the rest of the MINORITY police officers that served with him.

I have not cowered to you, I simply am not going to entertain such ludicrous bullshit.

By the way, I did read this post, I never pass up a post that reverts to insults and condensending rants.
I am flattered that you see fit to spend so much time and an entire post, trying to belittle me, talk down to me, and insult me. It shows I musta struck a nerve, and I like that.

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-30 22:17:26)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6293|Éire
A racial profile is never a 100% reliable profile because humans are individuals and society has a huge effect on the individual. Two people of the same race could grow up in different social scenarios and end up being completely different to each other. The equivalent level of assumption made when using racial profiles would never be allowed or taken serious in scientific or academic circles. Why should it be tolerated in social circles?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Braddock wrote:

A racial profile is never a 100% reliable profile because humans are individuals and society has a huge effect on the individual. Two people of the same race could grow up in different social scenarios and end up being completely different to each other. The equivalent level of assumption made when using racial profiles would never be allowed or taken serious in scientific or academic circles. Why should it be tolerated in social circles?
because society does not deal with absolutes, no one said profiling is an absolute. It is a tool in conjunction with other factors to build a picture.

No one arrests a black man for being black, but a black guy dressed like a gangsta, in an area known for gang activity can expect attention, and yes he will scream racial profiling. Never mind the assumption was probably correct.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard