Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409
I am kind of amazed people who do things like this think they will not be caught.  But, I guess you never know who your neighbors truly are.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090727/ap_ … bi_arrests

"We never saw anything to give any clues that something like that could be going on in their family," Stephenson said.

Two of the suspects are Boyd's sons: Zakariya Boyd, 20 and Dylan Boyd, 22. The others are Anes Subasic, 33; Mohammad Omar Aly Hassan, 22; and Ziyad Yaghi, 21.

Hysen Sherifi, 24, a native of Kosovo and a U.S. legal permanent was also charged in the case. He was the only person arrested who was not a U.S. citizen.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command
I would know there was a problem, just by their names.
Racial profiling isn't just against Federal Mandate, it makes good sense.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5711|College Park, MD
The seven men made their first court appearances in Raleigh on Monday, charged with providing material support to terrorism. If convicted, they could face life in prison.
Just life in prison?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6649|Your moms bedroom
ya well... good ole Patriot Act in effect. even if they are not guilty they are fucked
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6680|UK

ATG wrote:

So my name would automatically lead you to think i was a terrorist.  Ya Good one.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command
yup. m3thod is damning as hell.

And, it wouldn't mean you are a terrorist, it would mean you are slightly more likely than the average fool to be blowing shit up.

Don't blame me, blame the dumb ass radical islamist.

You people should do more to condemn the bad in society tbh.

Other than that, get me a beer and pass the pork rinds.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6664

Only life in prison? They're living in this country and plotting against it. Isn't that treason? (which = death penalty)
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

John Muhammad, Timothy McViegh and Charles Whitman were all ex-Armed Forces who committed terrorist acts.  Does that mean being a member of the Armed Forces makes you slightly more likely than average to commit terrorist acts?  Maybe we should profile them too
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6558|San Diego, CA, USA
How about this...

"We should profile terrorists."
pilebomb
+8|6129
If I had my ma's maiden last name instead of my dad's polish last name I bet I'd be profiled a lot more. Now people just think I'm mexican
Commie Killer
+192|6396

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

John Muhammad, Timothy McViegh and Charles Whitman were all ex-Armed Forces who committed terrorist acts.  Does that mean being a member of the Armed Forces makes you slightly more likely than average to commit terrorist acts?  Maybe we should profile them too
Some people may join the armed forces so they can get trained in things that may benefit them later, for example, explosives, long range shooting, living the in wild, how the system works, etc.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6558|San Diego, CA, USA
I think for "how the system works" and "how to milk the system" requires that you be a community organizer.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA
let me guess............Christians right??? No?. well shit, I was playing the odds, since there are only a "FEW" Islamic terrorists.
PureFodder
+225|6295
But court records indicate Boyd was a veteran of terrorist training camps in Pakistan and Afghanistan who fought against the Soviet Union.
LOL. "We know he's a terrorist, we trained him!"
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6680|UK

lowing wrote:

let me guess............Christians right??? No?. well shit, I was playing the odds, since there are only a "FEW" Islamic terrorists.
Glad you've finally seen the light.  It was getting tiresome.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6420|'Murka

Locoloki wrote:

ya well... good ole Patriot Act in effect. even if they are not guilty they are fucked
And you get this insight from what exactly?

Based on the article, it would seem the PATRIOT Act had little/nothing to do with this (FISA existed long before the PATRIOT Act).

Last edited by FEOS (2009-07-28 03:58:11)

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
JahManRed
wank
+646|6637|IRELAND

ATG wrote:

And, it wouldn't mean you are a terrorist, it would mean you are slightly more likely than the average fool to be blowing shit up.

You may as well add me to your "list" ATG. Not spilling my real name but its Irish spelling obviously means I blow shit up too.

Maybe your religious up bring will mean you are a pedo too then. Get a list going on that one too.
Both equally ridiculous notions.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6420|'Murka

JahManRed wrote:

ATG wrote:

You may as well add me to your "list" ATG. Not spilling my real name but its Irish spelling obviously means I blow shit up too.

Maybe your religious up bring will mean you are a pedo too then. Get a list going on that one too.
Both equally ridiculous notions.
Meh. Irish just means they only have to look in the bars (or gutter) to find you.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

m3thod wrote:

lowing wrote:

Glad you've finally seen the light.  It was getting tiresome.
Oh yeah, I see the light all right.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
Only two of those guys in the OP had typical mooj names. Doesn't look like racial profiling to me
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

ATG wrote:

I hear Osama Bin Laden called one of his kids Dylan Boyd.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

PureFodder wrote:

But court records indicate Boyd was a veteran of terrorist training camps in Pakistan and Afghanistan who fought against the Soviet Union.
LOL. "We know he's a terrorist, we trained him!"
LOL ya that's funny because you can't train someone to fight an invader to their country and not expect them to blow up something in yours.  LOL

:rollseyes:
zeidmaan
+234|6424|Vienna

It seems that one of them is Bosnian with American citizenship lol.
Its big news here atm (Im in Bosnia).

But isnt life in prison a bit harsh considering they never actually committed any attacks (as far as Ive read) ? They just planed alot, like this funny quote explains:

The indictment claims Boyd traveled to Israel in 2007 with several of the defendants, hoping to engage in "violent jihad." The attempt was unsuccessful, though, and the men returned home, officials said.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6577|Mountains of NC

I was profiled for awhile = white, conservitive, former-military, chirstian
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6506

SEREMAKER wrote:

I was profiled for awhile = white, conservitive, former-military, chirstian
those damned chirstians, gotta watch 'em!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard