FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Beduin wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

If people started saying that the US laws don't apply to them ... 
   People have to live by the law of their country  or find a new country that suits them.
You are not saying that these groups are not under the law of UK? They will be all in prison if they are not.
I can not see your point.
So the sikhs are advisory and translators only or will they draft separate laws...?
I don't see any Germans or Italians etc asking for special police in the UK?
And this has a lot to do about religious beliefs no? 
If someone kills a family member because of religious rules or convictions
they are subject to UK law or the Sikh police laws?
Hurricane summed it up fantastically earlier on this page.

These officers will be liason officers - Like we already have for women/men, and apparently sikhs.

Whatever the issue, they will still be held accountable by UK law.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Personally, if I were the cops, I would send a cop to invesigate a crime.
So would they.

Except they want one who'll get results.
So I would have your understanding when I would insist on a white cop to invesigate white criminal behavior? Ya see, I am still waiting for your endorsement on that prospect.

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-25 08:42:57)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5402

ghettoperson wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Read my post at the top of this page. I explain it very clearly.
Sort of.  But, I never saw police departments hire people who could speak Mandarin specifically in LA for example.  So no, it still doesn't make sense.
I'm quite sure in American cities where they have large Chinese populations they have plenty of Chinese-Americans on the police force.
Yes but they are not their own separate group. They are not just there for the Chins.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

So the sikhs are advisory and translators only or will they draft separate laws...?
I don't see any Germans or Italians etc asking for special police in the UK?
And this has a lot to do about religious beliefs no? 
If someone kills a family member because of religious rules or convictions
they are subject to UK law or the Sikh police laws?
They are police officers. They are British, I can guarantee you that. They will serve the british law. The only difference is they have another background, and that can be very useful in some situations, like in the OP.

I don't know why am still posting in this thread
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

FatherTed wrote:

These officers will be liason officers - Like we already have for women/men, and apparently sikhs.

Whatever the issue, they will still be held accountable by UK law.
So simple but nooooooo muslims are making their own laws and blah blah, fuking hell.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Personally, if I were the cops, I would send a cop to invesigate a crime.
So would they.

So I would have your understanding when I would insist on a white cop to invesigate white criminal behavior? Ya see, I am still wiating for your endorsement on that prospect.
Wow, by this statement I find it quite obvious you have no idea why the Muslim and Sikh officers are implemented to begin with.

If it were a religious based crime, or ethnic based crime, in let's say..... China, where the offenders were Christian, the witnesses Christian, the victims Christian, and all of which were white and spoke Mandarin poorly, I would have no problem whatsoever with a white Christian investigating the crime along with the typical officers as they act as liaison.

Of course the laws of the Chinese would not change, as in with the OP case. But you probably can tell that, right?

So where is your problem in this example? Note how deftly the subject "Muslim" was cunningly replaced with Christian...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5402
Can you answer anyone with being a huge smart ass about it?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Red Forman wrote:

Is that what I'm doing?
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5402

AussieReaper wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Is that what I'm doing?
Yes, right?
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6718
It still seems like a slippery slope.
“It’s political correctness gone mad. We talking about the creation of a separate force within a force.”

Why aren't UK laws sufficient for everyone that lives there... regardless of where you are from or religious beliefs?
Anyone want to hop over to Iran and tell them you are going to setup and have advisory police for immigrants from the UK...
Let us know how that turns out...
Love is the answer
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Red Forman wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Is that what I'm doing?
Yes, right?
Well does this still apply or not?

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 7#p2718977

I don't know if you think "I'm just another mouthpiece spouting off old one liners in an attempt to be cool or something" or now when I do give an answer I'm just picking on people and being a huge smart ass.

Maybe you can try picking a fight another time? I dunno. You seem pretty worthless so far.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5402
Answered.  Thank you.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
This is what it comes down to.

Christian Democrat/Social Democrat parties have religious connections in Christianity that they want to appease.  The easiest way to move toward this appeasement is to first appease a smaller group (like the Muslims) in order to set a legal precedent that allows law to protect religion from criticism and to create authorities that grant special legal rights to religious communities.

In effect, this is a slow process of religious separatism that appeases the most extreme elements of Islam and Sikhism while opening the door for appeasing extreme Christians.

Liberals often mistakenly side with these schemes because they have been duped by political correctness.  Then again, groups like the BNP make it easier to paint opponents as "racist."

In short, Europe needs more practical minded people with the balls to stand up and say "FUCK YOU" to the religious extremists of every group -- including Muslims and Sikhs.

Equality means no special legal rights and no special exceptions for religion.

Pat Condell breaks it down...

ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Red Forman wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Sort of.  But, I never saw police departments hire people who could speak Mandarin specifically in LA for example.  So no, it still doesn't make sense.
I'm quite sure in American cities where they have large Chinese populations they have plenty of Chinese-Americans on the police force.
Yes but they are not their own separate group. They are not just there for the Chins.
As far as I can tell, these aren't a separate group either. They're just Sikh police officers - like any other police officers, but now the public can specifically request to have a Sikh officer, or presumably when dealing with people who only speak Punjabi, the police can send one of them to interview people and whatnot.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5402

ghettoperson wrote:

As far as I can tell, these aren't a separate group either. They're just Sikh police officers - like any other police officers, but now the public can specifically request to have a Sikh officer, or presumably when dealing with people who only speak Punjabi, the police can send one of them to interview people and whatnot.
So are we just talking detectives or street cops?  Because I could see a problem with street cops.

Officer: Sir, we are responding to reports of you beating your wife.

Person: Sorry, I want a Sikh officer only.

Officer: They are out on other calls, you have to talk to me.

Person:  No, I refuse.

--------------------------

I don't know dude.  May not be a good example.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
I doubt the people request for it. More like the police set it up themselves. Like I said, when it comes to stuff like this, most of the time it's the politicians and other government types who think they know how minorities think and so do this and that in the name of multiculturalism and being politically correct
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Obviously I'm just making assumptions here based on common sense, given how short on factual information the article was, but I'm assuming it's for major crimes only. Like, murder happens, cops come around and can't communicate with the witnesses/victims relatives, so send around some Sikh cops to talk to them.

Usually these things make a lot of sense in reality, but then they're portrayed as being some terrible, evil, appease-mental thing in the tabloid (read stupid peoples) media.
Turquoise
O Canada

ghettoperson wrote:

Obviously I'm just making assumptions here based on common sense, given how short on factual information the article was, but I'm assuming it's for major crimes only. Like, murder happens, cops come around and can't communicate with the witnesses/victims relatives, so send around some Sikh cops to talk to them.

Usually these things make a lot of sense in reality, but then they're portrayed as being some terrible, evil, appease-mental thing in the tabloid (read stupid peoples) media.
I think the first question you should ask is...  Why do you have people in your country that can't speak English?

We have the same problem here on a massive scale, but we're not an island.  It would be much easier for you to limit your immigration than it is for us.  Why not have stricter requirements on English fluency for citizenship?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

There's a difference being able to buy some food at the supermarket in English and conduct and interview with the police in English.

EDIT: On a similar note

Last edited by ghettoperson (2009-07-25 14:19:04)

Turquoise
O Canada

ghettoperson wrote:

There's a difference being able to buy some food at the supermarket in English and conduct and interview with the police in English.

EDIT: On a similar note

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUEkOVdUjHc
LOL...  I remember that video from a long time ago.

I know what you're saying, but it sounds like you should have a more comprehensive test in using English, pre-citizenship.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

So would they.

So I would have your understanding when I would insist on a white cop to investigate white criminal behavior? Ya see, I am still waiting for your endorsement on that prospect.
Wow, by this statement I find it quite obvious you have no idea why the Muslim and Sikh officers are implemented to begin with.

If it were a religious based crime, or ethnic based crime, in let's say..... China, where the offenders were Christian, the witnesses Christian, the victims Christian, and all of which were white and spoke Mandarin poorly, I would have no problem whatsoever with a white Christian investigating the crime along with the typical officers as they act as liaison.

Of course the laws of the Chinese would not change, as in with the OP case. But you probably can tell that, right?

So where is your problem in this example? Note how deftly the subject "Muslim" was cunningly replaced with Christian...
The problem is, the Muslims in question are not weary travelers who stumbled into trouble while making an odyssey around the world, they are citizens of the nation they are wanting special treatment in. They should conform to that society and their laws, NOT the other way around. Now, as a citizen of a nation (just like those in question) would you allow me to suggest that I have WHITE cops assigned to investigate my case, because, ya know, they would better understand my WHITENESS. .

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-25 17:31:12)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD
Here's the page for the MPD (they really should change it to DCPD... they only have jurisdiction over DC anyway) Latino Liaison Unit

http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1232 … 31417|.asp

As you can see, they're not their own police force. They're not their own street cops. The best comparison to draw would be using Iraqis as interpreters in Iraq instead of using some white guy who's fluent in arabic.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lowing wrote:

The problem is, the Muslims in question are not weary travelers who stumbled into trouble while making an odyssey around the world, they are citizens of the nation they are wanting special treatment in. They should conform to that society and their laws, NOT the other way around. Now, as a citizen of a nation (just like those in question) would you allow me to suggest that I have WHITE cops assigned to investigate my case, because, ya know, they would better understand my WHITENESS. .
What are you now on about with "they should conform to that society and their laws" this was covered pages ago. The laws have not changed. And they have integrated into the community, hence why the police would like more liaison officers in units in the community.

If you want white cops to investigate your case I'm sure you could request it and more than likely get one or more to do that.

Rape victims often are assigned a female officers to deal with their emotional problems. I guess you think that is totally sexist and a man should be there instead, forget the wishes of the rape victim, because it discriminates against a male officer who is just as competent.

It goes down to the victim wishing to have a closer relationship to the police, nothing more to it. No laws are changing, I can't believe you still believe this after the amount of posts everyone has said again and again laws are not changing.

Hurricane makes an excellent analogy with the Iraqi translators.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

What are you now on about with "they should conform to that society and their laws" this was covered pages ago. The laws have not changed. And they have integrated into the community, hence why the police would like more liaison officers in units in the community.

If you want white cops to investigate your case I'm sure you could request it and more than likely get one or more to do that.

Rape victims often are assigned a female officers to deal with their emotional problems. I guess you think that is totally sexist and a man should be there instead, forget the wishes of the rape victim, because it discriminates against a male officer who is just as competent.

It goes down to the victim wishing to have a closer relationship to the police, nothing more to it. No laws are changing, I can't believe you still believe this after the amount of posts everyone has said again and again laws are not changing.

Hurricane makes an excellent analogy with the Iraqi translators.
You are full of absolute bullshit.

If I got on here and and even remotely suggested ( before this thread ever appeared) that I think white people should be assigned white cops because I thought they better could understand what white people go through, YOU!!! ESPECIALLY YOU!!!, would be ripping me a new ass and calling me a racist so much I probably would start to fuckin believe it!!. and you damn well know you would

So don't for one second try and pass this along as different, or benign, because it is horseshit

By the way, IF they had conformed like you suggest then there wouldn't be any need for any fuckin' interpreters either.

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-25 20:42:59)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lowing wrote:

You are full of absolute bullshit.

If I got on here and and even remotely suggested ( before this thread ever appeared) that I think white people should be assigned white cops because I thought they better could understand what white people go through, YOU!!! ESPECIALLY YOU!!!, would be ripping me a new ass and calling me a racist so much I probably would start to fuckin believe it!!. and you damn well know you would

So don't for one second try and pass this along as different, or benign, because it is horseshit

By the way, IF they had conformed like you suggest then there wouldn't be any need for any fuckin' interpreters either.
As I said:

"If it were a religious based crime, or ethnic based crime, in let's say..... China, where the offenders were Christian, the witnesses Christian, the victims Christian, and all of which were white and spoke Mandarin poorly, I would have no problem whatsoever with a white Christian investigating the crime along with the typical officers as they act as liaison.

Of course the laws of the Chinese would not change, as in with the OP case. But you probably can tell that, right?"

The laws aren't changing. It happens in Sikh communities. Why the hate against Muslims?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard