dubbs
+105|6633|Lexington, KY

[-CGZ-]BioRaveN wrote:

LMAo, think how much firestorm would sell his for, wait he wouldnt, it is his only pride.
Very little since his stats were reset.
banksd1983
APC whore
+20|6666
lol people would buy these accounts?

I have ~83k points, wonder how much it would go for on ebay for....hmm...
Akmad_Alzir
+6|6598
Haha that's funny how the first account's K/D ratio and SPM noticably dropped around the time the account sold.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

Ali wrote:

http://bf2s.com/player/43886994/
He sold his account in November for 150 EUR
A Chinese Medic Helo pilot that plays Karkand? Madness.
sparklet
Banned
+34|6749|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Wot's so special about those accounts??? Each and every one of them sux. Only an idiot with no right hand would buy a BF2 account off Ebay.
i sold mine
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6825|St. Louis, MO
A friend of mine sold his account for for $10 on ebay.It's really pathetic that anyone would buy a pre existing account.
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6622|the side hatch
i sense a great disturbance as if...yes, it is the future i see...people selling kills on ebay

expert knife for $50 etc. etc.

they will log into any server you choose and let you kill them on several of their accounts till you get any given badge

the dawning of new age of crap
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6648|Peoria
Usually all games have a rule in the EULA that prohibits the sale of intellecutal property within the game, which includes your account. Thats why it's illegal to sell gold in WOW. See, technically, everything in the software is owned by EA, and that includes all your account info. EA owns it all. So selling it would be illegal. At least thats my interpetation as a law major. But I'd have to see a copy of the EULA to confirm it.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6648|Peoria

strangelove wrote:

i sense a great disturbance as if...yes, it is the future i see...people selling kills on ebay

expert knife for $50 etc. etc.

they will log into any server you choose and let you kill them on several of their accounts till you get any given badge

the dawning of new age of crap
god you beat me too it. I was on that track of thought with the whole selling money in MMO's.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
id rather donate to charity than wast my money on that shit
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6622|the side hatch

Elamdri wrote:

god you beat me too it. I was on that track of thought with the whole selling money in MMO's.
exactly what i thought of, my last major game was eq2, they actually have servers now in which you can sell in game items for real cash on their own ebayesque site, sony gets a cut of course

seems EA is dancing quite close to this line already, with the whole SF unlocks thing particularly...perhaps in the future you can just pay $100 and have your own personal j-10 on any map you play on, nothing surprises me anymore

...don't get me wrong, i am not the kind of person that hates on a company for making a great game that i love to play and then doing something that pisses me off, i can always quit if i dont like it and there is no fee for me to continue to play, i have gotten my moneys worth out of bf2 at this point

...although nothing surprises me any more, i just hope companies start to realize that they will make more money by making great games that people can invest their time and money in without simply trying to squeeze every cent out of them at every turn possible...EA is due to release some FREE content or they will lose players, players who might otherwise stick around and buy their next booster or their next game

sorry to go off-topic
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6648|Peoria
Consequently, if anyone is interested, For $10 per round, I'll play sniper and TK anyone who tries to take the Jet or Chopper before you get to it for the entire round.

lol.

whats scares me is that I wouldn't put it past some people.

Last edited by Elamdri (2006-04-14 00:08:05)

BVC
+325|6697
I wonder how much an account with WCR would go for...
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6699
Just imagine, if someone told EA about all this and they actually paid attention, they could screw them all over. Imagine, paying a lot of money for a massive account with say over 100k points right? You have it for a day and then you get reset. If I were EA, I would let them have the account for a day or two and then reset them.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6648|Peoria

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

Just imagine, if someone told EA about all this and they actually paid attention, they could screw them all over. Imagine, paying a lot of money for a massive account with say over 100k points right? You have it for a day and then you get reset. If I were EA, I would let them have the account for a day or two and then reset them.
then take their asses to court for Violating the EULA.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6788|Bulgaria

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

It's really pathetic that anyone would buy a pre existing account.
I totally agree with that.
btw would you buy mine? see sig below.
j/k
Skinnister
+43|6726|UK
guys your missing the whole point wouldnt you have to giv ethe guy ur selling it too, your game itself and your email address and password, because that account your selling is linked to the cd-key you have etc..?
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6730|Honolulu, HI
I'm guessing that when an account is sold, the only thing that gets transferred is the name of the account and the password for that particular account.  That's all the info you need to retrieve an account from the EA servers.  Technically if you really wanted to screw someone over, you could just make some guesses as to their password (you already know their account name from all the times they pwned you after all) and if you get lucky, go onto a pistol only server and take screenshots of "yourself" in there!

Anyway...back to the topic.  No, selling an account (or even giving it away) would not also require giving your copy of BF2 with it--you just retrieve the account, either with E-mail address and password, or (as outlined above) with account name and password.
mycatsdied
+1|6793

Elamdri wrote:

Usually all games have a rule in the EULA that prohibits the sale of intellecutal property within the game, which includes your account. Thats why it's illegal to sell gold in WOW. See, technically, everything in the software is owned by EA, and that includes all your account info. EA owns it all. So selling it would be illegal. At least thats my interpetation as a law major. But I'd have to see a copy of the EULA to confirm it.
You are 100% percent correct .... The Eula says almost  word for word what you said.  YOu are not allowed to sell your profile period. Its not yours its EA's account .... they are just letting you use it. Im suprised Ebay doesnt cath this they have in the past and shut it down quickly.

That being said i have about 102,000 points and the wcr I think I could get some decent cash for mine.

Last edited by mycatsdied (2006-04-14 09:06:04)

Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6697|UK
i mite make a new account run round karkand as a medic stack up loads of points and sell it.
someone will forget to check that it will have tens of thousands of deaths and hardly any kills..
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6653
Hahahahahahahah, those guys are actually going through with my idea i mentioned back in the firestorm thread.

Last edited by Drunken_Tankdriver (2006-04-14 09:49:30)

https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
chrnoicle
+23|6606|Canada
when u sell ur account dont u sell ur cd-key with it?
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6697|UK

chrnoicle wrote:

when u sell ur account dont u sell ur cd-key with it?
no.
you are selling your username and password
Speelbal
+146|6753|Netherlands
I would sell it for a nice amount of money, anytime. But who will buy it?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard