Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

A group of black Philadelphia police officers filed a federal lawsuit Thursday against their department, alleging an online forum geared toward city police is "infested with racist, white supremacist and anti-African-American content."

A look at the site's forums Friday for racist comments found several possibilities.

Reads one: "In urban areas, it seems [African-Americans] living on welfare in paid for housing is ingrained in their culture as well as fighting. ... Kids, along with adults can't speak proper English or spell at a 3rd grade level, but they can sing among "theyselves" the lyrics to a rap song."

Said another Domelights user of an African-American woman: "She is a classic example of that exact non tax paying, no car insurance driving, bad weave wearing, all the whitey's are racist black women."

The site's tagline is "the voice of the good guys."
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/17/pol … index.html
I lol'd It's just like bf2s
So you think they have a valid case?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky
they're only mad because its the cold hard truth.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

S3v3N wrote:

they're only mad because its the cold hard truth.
I know.
MadDogs&RunningMen
I'm back
+25|5420
lol the black peoples are funny
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5978|Blue Mountain State

MadDogs&RunningMen wrote:

lol the black peoples are funny
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Macbeth wrote:

A group of black Philadelphia police officers filed a federal lawsuit Thursday against their department, alleging an online forum geared toward city police is "infested with racist, white supremacist and anti-African-American content."

A look at the site's forums Friday for racist comments found several possibilities.

Reads one: "In urban areas, it seems [African-Americans] living on welfare in paid for housing is ingrained in their culture as well as fighting. ... Kids, along with adults can't speak proper English or spell at a 3rd grade level, but they can sing among "theyselves" the lyrics to a rap song."

Said another Domelights user of an African-American woman: "She is a classic example of that exact non tax paying, no car insurance driving, bad weave wearing, all the whitey's are racist black women."

The site's tagline is "the voice of the good guys."
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/17/pol … index.html
I lol'd It's just like bf2s
So you think they have a valid case?
yes the second, you can sue someone for telling truth. But don't worry , the libs are working on it.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
If you read it carefully, there are racist tinges.

living on welfare in paid for housing is ingrained in their culture as well as fighting
etc. etc.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon
stupid cops, they're confusing black people with poor people.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5400

Reciprocity wrote:

Are you 100% sure the people posting are cops?  Sounds like you are just as bad as what you are accusing.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

Visited the site.

There are some racist posters but I can't see much coming of this.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Reciprocity

Red Forman wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

Are you 100% sure the people posting are cops?  Sounds like you are just as bad as what you are accusing.
what the fuck are you talking about?
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5400

Reciprocity wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

what the fuck are you talking about?
"The lawsuit is about a private Web site. It's not a police department Web site. It's not operated or overseen by the police department. The allegations against the city and police department are misplaced."
Reciprocity
yeah, let's ask the city solicitor.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5400

Reciprocity wrote:

yeah, let's ask the city solicitor.
I am just saying how do you know who posted what.  You seem to be preset to jump at the police.  Although you have no proof it was a cop who said that stuff.

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-07-18 17:24:56)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Spark wrote:

living on welfare in paid for housing is ingrained in their culture as well as fighting
etc. etc.
Nope, you did notice they said "african americans" ( whatever that is) "who live in urban areas". They did not say ALL black people. SO what is not true about what they did say?

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-18 21:15:25)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina
Free speech means allowing private forums to be racist if they choose to be.  This group doesn't have a valid case at all, unless they can verify that the site receives tax money in some way.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

Turquoise wrote:

Free speech means allowing private forums to be racist if they choose to be.  This group doesn't have a valid case at all, unless they can verify that the site receives tax money in some way.
From what I've read on the site the only people who can have action taken against them are those who accessed the site on city computers. Even then they will probably only face suspensions until the shitstorm blows over.

The plaintiffs don't have a case here at all.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6183|Ireland
Since when is pointing out the obvious racist?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command

Lotta_Drool wrote:

When it's in regards to illegal aliens, obviously.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

ATG wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

When it's in regards to illegal aliens, obviously.
Touche...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

Spark wrote:

etc. etc.
Nope, you did notice they said "african americans" ( whatever that is) "who live in urban areas". They did not say ALL black people. SO what is not true about what they did say?
I didn't say it was wrong, I said there were tinges of racism.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6525|South Florida
Get the fuck out of here its the freedom of speech if i do not like you i can say so without being sued. If i dont like Irish because they are always drunk and obnoxious i can say it. If i dont like blacks because they are welfare breeding leeches who commit most crime then i can say that too.

The only reason i couldn't say that, is if it was against board rules - which im hoping since its just an example of freedom of speech....
15 more years! 15 more years!
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6556|Kent, UK

Mitch wrote:

Get the fuck out of here its the freedom of speech if i do not like you i can say so without being sued. If i dont like Irish because they are always drunk and obnoxious i can say it. If i dont like blacks because they are welfare breeding leeches who commit most crime then i can say that too.

The only reason i couldn't say that, is if it was against board rules - which im hoping since its just an example of freedom of speech....
Other people also have the right not to be harassed, slandered or singled out in a hateful and unfair manner.

You have the right to Freedom of Speech, and a responsibility to not be a douchebag
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Mitch wrote:

Just wondering, is this what you do believe?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Buckles wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Other people also have the right not to be harassed, slandered or singled out in a hateful and unfair manner.

You have the right to Freedom of Speech, and a responsibility to not be a douchebag
I agree, and since no one specific can say they were harassed, certainly no one was slandered or singled out, and nothing that was said was unfair, I assume you feel this is protected.

I left out hateful because the quotes can be construed as hateful, but why anyone would not hate leeching, I am not sure. It should be kind of an understood.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard