Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

At least two Afghan villages have been blanketed with leaflets warning that if an American soldier kidnapped by the Taliban two weeks ago isn't freed, "you will be targeted."

Villagers near the border of two volatile provinces, Ghazni and Paktika, tell CBS News' Sami Yousafzai that aircraft dropped the leaflets during the past several days.

Military spokeswoman Capt. Elizabeth Mathias confirmed that the leaflets were produced at Bagram Air Base, the primary U.S. installation in Afghanistan, and distributed in the region. She told CBS News correspondent Mandy Clark, however, that they were distributed by hand, not aircraft.

The papers show on one side an image of a soldier with his head bowed so that his face is not visible (above). A message in the local Pashtun language over the image says, "If you do not free the American soldier, then…"

On the other side, an image shows Western troops breaking into a house. The rest of the message is printed across the photo: "…you will be targeted".
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07/16 … 3670.shtml
Well that is about fair enough.
https://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2009/07/16/image5163636x.jpg
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command
Leaflets should be saying;

" attention, your village will be razed by B52 bombers in a carpet depopulation pogrom, kindly gtfo or die ".

This whole Afghanistan thing will end up worse than Vietnam.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5759|شمال

ATG wrote:

"...kindly gtfo or die ".
No. We need to gtfo.
I am afraid that this attitude will lead to a situation worse than Vietnam.

Last edited by Beduin (2009-07-16 16:38:27)

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command
How about; " you have 48 hours to produce OBL or then we bomb the hell out of you " and then we get the bleep out?
jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

Beduin wrote:

ATG wrote:

"...kindly gtfo or die ".
No. We need to gtfo.
tbh

Last edited by jsnipy (2009-07-16 17:24:47)

Commie Killer
+192|6396
Does anyone believe that the situation will improve? You guys sound like your from 2006.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6527|Montucky
Fuck Afghanistan and the people that call it home.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5620|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

ATG wrote:

" attention, your village will be razed by B52 bombers in a carpet depopulation pogrom, kindly gtfo or die ".

This whole Afghanistan thing will end up worse than Vietnam.
Nuclear Holocaust tbh
SealXo
+309|6545
make the whole place a glass fucking creator then sell the glass to pay for the war

win
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

Everyone's quickness to destroy the entire area rather then just cut losses and go home is rather saddening.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6527|Montucky

Macbeth wrote:

Everyone's quickness to destroy the entire area rather then just cut losses and go home is rather saddening.
I've been there, its a shithole.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6158|'straya

S3v3N wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

And so people deserve to die because they live in an area you consider a "shithole"?

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2009-07-16 23:46:16)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

Hearts and minds.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

Pay the ransom, get the intel, and then punish the people responsible.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6777

AussieReaper wrote:

Hearts and minds.
You stole me line
Reciprocity
+721|6589|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I saw a documentary on afghanistan and this old tribal bastard summed it up pretty well when describing his fight with the Soviets; "They may have all the watches, but we've got all the time."
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

BN wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Hearts and minds.
You stole me line
- kidnapping for profit bastards
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6564
They should do a trade for one of the Gitmo detainees. Fair is fair. One kidnapee/PoW for another.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-07-17 01:01:52)

PureFodder
+225|6294
It's good to know that people are firmly against the idea of threatening civillians in a conflict.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5759|شمال

S3v3N wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I guess it is a matter of taste. I have my friend Mustafa, used to live in the refugee camps in Lebanon. One might think he is used to crappy places. He went on a trip to the big apple, NY. He LOVES US.

I asked him when he came back: How is New York? He answered: Are you fucking kidding me? It is a shit hole.

...so I guess it is a matter of taste.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

They are warning them that they are going to come looking for them.

"Mathias' colleague, Lt. Com. Christine Sidenstricker, said no threats are made in the leaflet which was air-dropped. The image shows an unidentified U.S. soldier (not the one who was kidnapped) sitting on the ground and talking to Afghan children. On the front it reads: "One of our American guests is missing." On the back: "Return the guest to his home. Call us at…," according to the military's translation. This leaflet is seen below. "
https://i29.tinypic.com/28kpsmh.jpg

https://i26.tinypic.com/ezn5he.jpg

The text reads: "One of our American guests is missing. Return the guest to his home."

The other shows a soldier kicking in a door. The text is: "If you do not release the U.S. soldier then ... you will be hunted,"

Obviously this is directed towards the people who took the soldier (The words If you do not release should have clued you in).  If anything this is a warning to prevent innocents from getting hurt.

People need to learn to read beyond the headlines... and what kind of news story ends with "The question is, will its stern message help win the missing soldier's freedom, or just antagonize the local people who could help, or hurt, that effort."? Consider this with the misleading title and it's clear that the author has an agenda beyond reporting the news.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5870
by reading some of these replies, these scum soldiers deserve to die.

so a whole village, full of innocent people will be killed if these scum are not released because a few people took them???

the true American mindset is shown here.

Savages the lot of them!
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6231|Brisneyland

rammunition wrote:

so a whole village, full of innocent people will be killed if these scum are not released because a few people took them???

Savages the lot of them!
Not sure if you are just looking for a reaction here dude, but you shouuld read Kmarions post. Dont jump to your own conclusion.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5870

Burwhale wrote:

rammunition wrote:

Savages the lot of them!
Not sure if you are just looking for a reaction here dude, but you shouuld read Kmarions post. Dont jump to your own conclusion.
remember the Haditha massacre???
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
Yeah, I was thinking that the whole story wasn't given. What Kez posted makes more sense. The US Military wouldn't do something stupid like the original post states.

remember the Haditha massacre???
That was a bunch of rogue soldiers. Not exactly sanctioned by top brass. Unlike these leaflets which will most likely have been ordered from a high level (lol pun not intended).

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-07-17 05:17:03)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard