blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644
https://img196.imageshack.us/img196/54/medvedev1441271c.jpg

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev illustrated his call for a supranational currency to replace the dollar by pulling from his pocket a sample coin of a “united future world currency.”

“Here it is,” Medvedev told reporters today in L’Aquila, Italy, after a summit of the Group of Eight nations. “You can see it and touch it.”

The coin, which bears the words “unity in diversity,” was minted in Belgium and presented to the heads of G-8 delegations, Medvedev said.

The question of a supranational currency “concerns everyone now, even the mints,” Medvedev said. The test coin “means they’re getting ready. I think it’s a good sign that we understand how interdependent we are.”

source

How long before the new currency takes over? How long before the dollar is dropped and the new world currency is adopted as the universal currency for this planet? are you looking forward to the new currency or no, time to rebel (get your pitchforks ready)... Most experts predict that it will take years for the dollars to be eclipsed what do you think? I think if they keep pushing this new world order currency it might be sooner than later, Im against it... discuss and debate...
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6540|Texas - Bigger than France
Who prints it?

If Argentia is short on money, can they just print some?
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644

Pug wrote:

Who prints it?

If Argentia is short on money, can they just print some?
I assume there would be one central bank located somewhere that will print money for the entire planet
Scratch[USA]
+105|6546
Not sure I like the sounds of this.  All of the control into one entities hands.
But some lite reading
http://www.singleglobalcurrency.org/
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
Implants is the line that cannot be crossed without danger to your immortal soul.

There is a argument to be made for a NWO.

The question is, who runs it?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6734|Salt Lake City

ATG wrote:

Implants is the line that cannot be crossed without danger to your immortal soul.

There is a argument to be made for a NWO.

The question is, who runs it?
Those with $$$$
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
wont happen. the equalising issues we've seen with the Euro are evidence enough that the world isn't ready for something like this.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
That will not matter. The die is cast, the metal is cooling and will soon meet the meat.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

ATG wrote:

That will not matter. The die is cast, the metal is cooling and will soon meet the meat.
Yes it will matter. Countries could not have this forced upon them, their would have to be referendums. Using the UK as an example we still refuse to take on even the Euro. Do you think the worlds gonna be convinced? I honestly don't.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

FatherTed wrote:

wont happen. the equalising issues we've seen with the Euro are evidence enough that the world isn't ready for something like this.
I'd argue the exact opposite.

This would not be a currency for actual use by the public, it'd be used for large scale international trading of things like oil. A bit like the ECU was - remember that?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK
More importantly, they'd have to redesign keyboards (replace £, $, etc)
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

https://marcvallee.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/platon_putin1.jpg

Questions arise. What is the fair market value of the new currency to be? Does it simply slide into the already troubled spot of the dollar? Do we essentially reset all world currency prices for the new exchange rate of '1'?

Dumb idea. Impractical. Destructive. Controlling. Riots. Famine. War. Collapse. Robots.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

stryyker wrote:

http://marcvallee.files.wordpress.com/2 … putin1.jpg

Questions arise. What is the fair market value of the new currency to be? Does it simply slide into the already troubled spot of the dollar? Do we essentially reset all world currency prices for the new exchange rate of '1'?

Dumb idea. Impractical. Destructive. Controlling. Riots. Famine. War. Collapse. Robots.
Worked with the ECU. Which was so successfull as a currency for international financial transactions that they made it into a real currency.

People need to understand this wouldn't be a real currency. You wouldn't use it in shops. You'd use it if you wanted to buy a million barrels of oil or something like that.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
Am I the only one that heard this along with that pic ...

"Eeets ok comrade, we weell take care af you now, do not worry.  Now geev us your money and we will exchange eet for you."
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6197
Ron Paul warned us all about this..

Lai
+186|6149
New global currency will be fail, like the Euro is fail. On top of that a truly global currency would be abbused severely by countries like Zimbabwe to loot money away from other countries. Simply pressing more money of global value will not as easily lead to hyperinflation, but rather draw value away from other peers and transfers it to those that press more money. Russia knows all this, but Medvedev's fancy little coin is just a diplomatic way of rubbing in that "you Americans screwed up big time, you fucked up the economy for everyone and the Dollar days are over".

Last edited by Lai (2009-07-10 13:35:14)

Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5993|Truthistan
The US currency has been the world currency for a number of factors
1. its a real country
2. US has never defaulted on its debt
3. US law/constitution upholds and enforces contract law
4. Up until recently the US has been relatively prudent with its monetary policy

A world currency will have no such backing, it will be owned by some private enterprise, its will not be backed by any country except by some weak kneed treaty, and there are no guarantees that countries won't turn their back on the currency in bad times or when it suits their national interest. In order for it to work countries will have to become more tightly knit together in a legal framework like the EU.

As far as the US is concerned, I can't see the US reliquishing any sovereignty on these issues. Its an EU ultra rich power grab. They are just trying to add another layer to insulate themselves from the masses.

One thing is for sure, if they have a global central bank printing a global currency, we all know where the first nukes will be falling when WWIII breaks out.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6182|Ireland

liquidat0r wrote:

More importantly, they'd have to redesign keyboards (replace £, $, etc)
Mine has no "£" thingy. 

Fucking Dell POS, ripped me off a key.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

Diesel_dyk wrote:

Its an EU ultra rich power grab. They are just trying to add another layer to insulate themselves from the masses.
Despite the fact it comes from Russia, China and India - none of which are in the EU.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Sure it's better for the rest of the world to stop using the US Dollar, probably better for America too. Can't be a good thing having China own all them dorrar...
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644

Lai wrote:

"you Americans screwed up big time, you fucked up the economy for everyone and the Dollar days are over".
yeah we tend to do that if we go down the entire planet goes down 2 sad but true
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina
....maybe it is time....
mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6309|South Jersey

Turquoise wrote:

....maybe it is time....
Are you kidding? They still throw rocks at eachother in some countries. We as a planet are mos. def. not ready to unite in any way shape or form, let alone is their proper leadership.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6341|California
I, for one would welcome this. I have suggested this before and, as an American, would welcome the Euro becoming US currency as well. I honestly don't get why people are against a united currency nor do I see any real/valid arguments against it.

mcjagdflieger wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

....maybe it is time....
Are you kidding? They still throw rocks at eachother in some countries. We as a planet are mos. def. not ready to unite in any way shape or form, let alone is their proper leadership.
Including the US.

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2009-07-10 22:05:29)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Whats wrong with gold?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard