Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6511|Texas - Bigger than France
Michael Jackson Dominates Charts After Death

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/michael-jacks … eath/24645

It always bothers me when sales spike after someone kicks it.  I guess this will help settle his outstanding liabilities his estate has to deal with.

So....I guess I don't understand this phenomenon.  Theories anyone?  Discuss?
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359
The world is full of stupid people.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6590|London, England
Well it's not that hard to understand.

He was a very famous guy, he died out of nowhere which lead to widespread shock and ultra media coverage, All this coverage means people start listening to his music again, radio stations and TV channels start playing tributes which gives even more coverage, people start remembering and buying his stuff. He shoots up the chart.

I mean it's all actually incredibly simple, although I guess this topic is just another one of those "I hate how the world is" kind of topics instead of you genuinely confused as to why he is suddenly in the charts again.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Noel Gallagher wrote:

This Mike Jackson thing's dragging on a bit, innit? Who do they think he is, Jade Goody?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

Bob Marley and Elvis memorabilia continue to dominate too.  In fact some news rag (Forbes maybe) puts out an annual list ranking dead celebrities merchandising power.

My theory is that these people so touched the lives of their fans that people feel a zombie-like need to gobble up their merchandise in a dismal attempt to reconnect.  Not really, but it's funny to think about.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
Musicians are worth more dead then alive.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York
Pug

Mekstizzle wrote:

Well it's not that hard to understand.

He was a very famous guy, he died out of nowhere which lead to widespread shock and ultra media coverage, All this coverage means people start listening to his music again, radio stations and TV channels start playing tributes which gives even more coverage, people start remembering and buying his stuff. He shoots up the chart.

I mean it's all actually incredibly simple, although I guess this topic is just another one of those "I hate how the world is" kind of topics instead of you genuinely confused as to why he is suddenly in the charts again.
Nah, this topic is more about your opinion of why death increases one's popularity.  What aspects do you like, dislike, etc?

Wanna switch over to Iran/US bashing in another thread then?
Pug

DrunkFace wrote:

Musicians are worth more dead then alive.
So, for a hypothetical...

Let's say you have a group of artists  - singer, writer, actor, etc.

Each is equally as famous, meaning the same number of people know of there work when they kick it.

Which type of artist is going to get the most airplay?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

west-phoenix-az wrote:

One less now.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
NantanCochise
+55|5948|Portugal/United States

AussieReaper wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

One less now.
...youre gonna commit suicide?
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686

ghettoperson wrote:

Noel Gallagher wrote:

This Mike Jackson thing's dragging on a bit, innit? Who do they think he is, Jade Goody?
Noel Gallagher is hilarious... The behind the music show with Oasis was great.
Love is the answer
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6654|Espoo, Finland

NantanCochise wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

One less now.
Nice bump
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone

Gawwad wrote:

NantanCochise wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

One less now.
Nice bump
it had to be done. not
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5831
speaking of oasis, i was working at wembley this week, and the week before. anyway i got t see 3 oasis gigs for free and got paid
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

rammunition wrote:

speaking of oasis, i was working at wembley this week, and the week before. anyway i got t see 3 oasis gigs for free and got paid
DUDE OASIS SUPPORT ISREAL.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5831

m3thod wrote:

rammunition wrote:

proof?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6590|London, England
Fucking gay how does a guy from Derbyshire get a job at Wembley I've been trying for ages (well not really) and I can see the damn thing from down the road (sort of, far away, but still)
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

m3thod wrote:

rammunition wrote:

lol

rammowned
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5831

Mekstizzle wrote:

Fucking gay how does a guy from Derbyshire get a job at Wembley I've been trying for ages (well not really) and I can see the damn thing from down the road (sort of, far away, but still)
haha, lol. i work at derby county football stadium. the people who have the hospitality/catering contract their are called Delaware North Companies, the people who i work for. they provide all the food/services on matchdays and on parties events inside the stadium. They are a big American company. They have 3 contracts in the U.K. one at the emirates, wembley and pride park(i know). They wanted a few extra guys down london for gigs in the summer. I worked during AC/DC, 4 take thats nights last week and 3 oasis this week just gone. got U2 next month and Coldplay the month after
stayed in london for 2 weeks, thus not being on here

here is the uk site

http://www.delawarenorth.com.au/uk/

us site

http://www.delawarenorth.com/

Last edited by rammunition (2009-07-13 15:23:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard