Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5927
Hey guys, I'm at my grandparents' house for the summer in California and they have a mac. I know nothing about them except that they're fucking shit. Now I go on youtube or any site with videos and instead of me enjoying some footage it says, "Hello, you either have Javascript turned off or you need to install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player."

So I installed and made sure JavaScipt was on (Yeah cause I know how to use google ) so anyway I go back onto youtube and unlike when I had this issue with my Windows Vista it didn't work.

Can anybody help me? (hehe sorry for the mac bashing)

Thanks guys!

Oh and BTW can I play Battlefield Heroes on this thing?
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6130|New Jersey
But Macs... just work!  Steve Jobs says so.

Can't help with the javascript issue, but Battlefield Heroes is not on OSX as far as I know.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6713|Sydney, Australia

Bradt3hleader wrote:

I know nothing about them except that they're fucking shit.
Ace way to ask for help.

Did you restart the browser? Aaaand what was it, btw?
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5896|CA
Update Safari or download the latest version of Firefox and install the latest version of Flash player.  What type of of mac are you using (Finder -> About this Mac), and where in California are you?
Bradt3hleader
+121|5927
Yeah I used to lived here but my parents moved to Switzerland so I had to go with them. Man I love this place and I miss it bad when I'm gone

kay so I am using Firefox and Safari (because I can't figure out how to have several windows and tabs open). They both have the same problem. Oh and when I go onto a site that has a video it will crash and say it was a plug-in error now. WTF? I didn't change anything.

So it's Mac OSX version 10.5.7 with 2GHz intel core 2 duo and (facepalm) 1GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Thanks a lot guys!
Swan
The town bike
+54|5439

Bradt3hleader wrote:

except that they're fucking shit.
Macs are far superior to PCs. I was recently going to build a PC, but I put up some more funds and got a MacBook Pro. Best decision ever.
Bradt3hleader
+121|5927
Well let's not turn this into a mac vs PC thread.

Now I updated the browsers and it won't work. Holy shit, what can I do?
CrazeD
+368|6664|Maine

Swan wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Macs are far superior to PCs. I was recently going to build a PC, but I put up some more funds and got a MacBook Pro. Best decision ever.
Have fun browsing the internet and listening to music. Oh wait, my cellphone does that too.
Bradt3hleader
+121|5927
Haha nice

You can't have Windows without walls but you can't have Apples without worms.
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6661|The Netherlands
"Hello, you either have Javascript turned off or you need to install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player."

So I installed and made sure JavaScipt was on
And did you also make sure the latest version of Adobe Flash Player is installed? (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/)
mcminty

CrazeD wrote:

Have fun browsing the internet and listening to music. Oh wait, my cellphone does that too.
My phone doens't do that. Guess my mac is perfect
mcminty

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Yeah I used to lived here but my parents moved to Switzerland so I had to go with them. Man I love this place and I miss it bad when I'm gone

kay so I am using Firefox and Safari (because I can't figure out how to have several windows and tabs open). They both have the same problem. Oh and when I go onto a site that has a video it will crash and say it was a plug-in error now. WTF? I didn't change anything.

So it's Mac OSX version 10.5.7 with 2GHz intel core 2 duo and (facepalm) 1GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Thanks a lot guys!
Mm, sounds like a pretty old computer.. what is it, an iMac, Mac Mini.. a macbook?

When you are in Firefox, you can open new tabs by pressing either Cmd + T. If you don't know, this is the command key:

https://maddagu.com/wp-content/cmd-key.jpg

Of you can go to File > New Tab (duh..)

To switch between tabs, you can either click the tabs, or use Cmd + 1, Cmd + 2, etc etc.. for whatever the tab is.

Since it is your grandparent's computer, I doubt they would have set us OS X's Spaces. Check this video to see how to set it up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Xf2A93RtY&NR=1  The guy sounds like a downer, but you get the idea..
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6352|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR

Swan wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

You are turning into the resident Macintosh freak.  That's a long, tough road to follow in this place.
Bradt3hleader
+121|5927
Okay now everything is fucking up. Man I hate this fucking OS. All it does is crash all the time and say the plug in doesn't work but the OSX isn't affected. I want this piece of shit to burn to the ground so my grandparents will stop fucking blaming me for a problem they've had forever.

It's an iMac I've already said the model and that shit before.

Sorry for the language guys I'm just really getting mad now

So for those of you who keep asking: I INSTALLED THE LATEST ADOBE, MADE SURE JAVASCRIPT WAS ENABLED, JUST LIKE the instruction SAID but it's STILL CRASHING. I need answers tonight or my grandparent's are fucked cause they have some gay method of internet payment for bills.

Thanks
mcminty

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Okay now everything is fucking up. Man I hate this fucking OS. All it does is crash all the time and say the plug in doesn't work but the OSX isn't affected. I want this piece of shit to burn to the ground so my grandparents will stop fucking blaming me for a problem they've had forever.

So for those of you who keep asking: I INSTALLED THE LATEST ADOBE, MADE SURE JAVASCRIPT WAS ENABLED, JUST LIKE the instruction SAID but it's STILL CRASHING. I need answers tonight or my grandparent's are fucked cause they have some gay method of internet payment for bills.

Thanks
Crashing? I'm going to say it's the user. Merely for the fact that my MacBook Pro rarely crashes. And when it does crash, it's due to running Photoshop and Lightroom in addition to the usual 5-6 other applications I run.

And no, you never made a mention that it was an iMac.

Run Firefox or whatever, and force the error to occur. Take a screenshot and post it here so we can actually see the error message. To take a full screen capture in OS X, press Cmd + Shift + 3.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Thanks
What sort of iMac? G3? G4? G5? White Intel? Black and Aluminium Intel?

What do you mean when you say crashing?
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6382

I remember the days when the mac version of Word crashed every time you typed 3/4 of a page or more and tried to save.  Great excuse for losing all your work.
Bradt3hleader
+121|5927
The internet will just quit and I'll get an error saying "plug in...blablabla"

I can't tell you exactly because now I'm in Texas So it's sorta too late.

Thanks anyway
Bradt3hleader
+121|5927
Hey guys, so yeah I did some searching with google and managed to make it stop crashing.

Now I have a different problem. So instead of crashing like when there's a youtube video on some site it will just say "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or you need the latest version of Adobe Flashplayer".

Can anybody help me with this please?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard