Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6722|Eastern PA

.Sup wrote:

usmarine wrote:

.Sup wrote:

At least Brits didn't hire former Nazis to help developing nuclear weapons and other arms
erm....
What? They hired them also? If so then I didn't know that
Also for former spy networks in the USSR. Look up Reinhard Gehlen and his contribution to what would become the CIA and BND (basically the German CIA).
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
Me, Pos, MacBeth, usmarine, ATG, KCD, KenJennings, Kmar, Chuy, etc... You're welcome, World.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

Campoe wrote:

The Brits lost because every man, woman and child wanted them gone - a concerted effort of mass stikes, lockouts, civil disobedience
Yeah, no-one can sit on their butts like the Irish
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Dilbert_X wrote:

Campoe wrote:

The Brits lost because every man, woman and child wanted them gone - a concerted effort of mass stikes, lockouts, civil disobedience
Yeah, no-one can sit on their butts like the Irish
That sounds like NYC talk circa 1840.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Kmarion wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I know who you are talking about.. and if you think we weren't going to exploit German scientists for American research you're crazy. It was us or the Soviets.
Well I guess this was to be expected from America. Doesn't really matter if they murdered millions as long as you are benefiting from them.
Right, you just sit there and play pacifist under the umbrella we provide. Or maybe you'd just rather that technology fell into the hands of Stalin.. A very convenient position you have there jack. Short sighted though it might be.
/game over
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6463|Tyne & Wear, England
The Magna Carta.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

.Sup wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I don't really know their names but Goggle should tell you everything if you really want to know
I know who you are talking about.. and if you think we weren't going to exploit German scientists for American research you're crazy. It was us or the Soviets.
Well I guess this was to be expected from America. Doesn't really matter if they murdered millions as long as you are benefiting from them.
<---------EE that way.  kthx
JahManRed
wank
+646|6628|IRELAND

CameronPoe wrote:

Poland of Western EU? Hey, we took half the Poles, the other half went to the UK. You can't blame people for leaving Eastern Europe. They've settled in quite nicely actually - a couple of buddies are actually marrying Poles.
Some of my best friends are Poles who settled here in the past 5 years. They are very similar to the Irish. Must be the catholic guilt complex. I just helped one of them set up a mechanics business. He works 6am to 11pm 6 days a week. Has a Mechanical Engineering Degree and can actually design engines. Brilliant mechanic and half the town is now using him.  Plus the women are hot and fit as fuck. I say, send the benefit scroungers to Poland and send us more poles asap.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

JahManRed wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Poland of Western EU? Hey, we took half the Poles, the other half went to the UK. You can't blame people for leaving Eastern Europe. They've settled in quite nicely actually - a couple of buddies are actually marrying Poles.
Some of my best friends are Poles who settled here in the past 5 years. They are very similar to the Irish. Must be the catholic guilt complex. I just helped one of them set up a mechanics business. He works 6am to 11pm 6 days a week. Has a Mechanical Engineering Degree and can actually design engines. Brilliant mechanic and half the town is now using him.  Plus the women are hot and fit as fuck. I say, send the benefit scroungers to Poland and send us more poles asap.
We had a load of poles do a huge extension on our house in England. They took half the time it took some English lads to do a similar job on our garage, did it to a much higher standard, and wern't a bunch of dickheads in the process.

Good for them i say.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Ioan92
+337|5722
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Ioan92
+337|5722
Yet we are in deep shit. Thank you world.
Zefar
+116|6649|Sweden
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_inventions

musket
dynamite
instituted the Nobel Prizes.
mechanical calculator
blowtorch
bicycle
ball bearing
safety match
safety belt for cars
Automatic Identification System (AIS)
pacemaker
Artificial Intelligence(I think)
Losec(an ulcer medicine, was the world's best-selling drug in the 1990s and was developed by AstraZeneca.)
Mecanum wheel
Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine

Zefar wrote:

musket
dynamite
mechanical calculator
blowtorch
bicycle
ball bearing
safety match
safety belt for cars
pacemaker
Losec(an ulcer medicine, was the world's best-selling drug in the 1990s and was developed by AstraZeneca.)
Mecanum wheel
+ Battlefield games, they are absolute win
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Zefar wrote:

musket
dynamite
mechanical calculator
blowtorch
bicycle
ball bearing
safety match
safety belt for cars
pacemaker
Mecanum wheel
but you also have DICE.  so all those are cancelled out.  maths.
imortal
+240|6665|Austin, TX

Zefar wrote:

musket
dynamite
mechanical calculator
blowtorch
bicycle
ball bearing
safety match
safety belt for cars
pacemaker
Mecanum wheel
Didn't a swiss inventor also invent velcro?  Although I think the US space program are the ones who pushed in into common usage.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5750|شمال

Mekstizzle wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Muslims?
Can I stop you there. The question asked what your country, not your religion. It also again asked your country, not your race (Arab).

I'd also like to point out that many of the so called inventions made by "Muslims" were infact invented in places like China and India/Asia. And it was the Arabs/Muslims who brought it to Europe and thus many things are attributed to them in the typical Eurocentric fashion. Example being the number system (012345 etc..) which is mistakenly called the Arabic system!
Just for you baby, I know you would love to read more about Inventions of the Islamic Golden Age
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Zefar
+116|6649|Sweden

imortal wrote:

Zefar wrote:

musket
dynamite
mechanical calculator
blowtorch
bicycle
ball bearing
safety match
safety belt for cars
pacemaker
Mecanum wheel
Didn't a swiss inventor also invent velcro?  Although I think the US space program are the ones who pushed in into common usage.
Yes a Swiss inventor by the name George de Mestral did invent the Velcro but I don't see what that has to do with my post. I didn't list it. It also doesn't show up on the Wiki page either.

You sure you quoted the right guy?

usmarine and Longbow, yea we made BattleField series. Good times. Now we need BF2:BC2(Imo BC just sounds so bad as it reminds me about Before Christ. :p)
Zombie_Affair
Amputee's...BOOP
+78|5816|Fattest Country in the world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_inventions

Refrigerator
Underwater torpedo
Electric drill
Powered flight
Notepad
Tank
Electronic Pacemaker
Black box flight recorder
Ultrasound

As well as some great sportsman and a few actors, we done okay.
Ioan92
+337|5722
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_i … iscoverers

A

* Andrei Alexandrescu: pioneering work on policy-based design implemented via template metaprogramming.
    * Oszkár Asbóth: often credited with the invention of the helicopter.
    * Ana Aslan: inventor of Gerovital anti-aging treatment.
    * Ion Atanasiu: known as the originator of Cerimetry, an analytical method based on Cerium (IV) as titration reagent.

B

* Aurel Babeş: discovered the vaginal smear as screening test for cervical cancer.
    * Victor Babeş: he discovered a parasitic sporozoan of the ticks, named Babesia (of the genus Babesiidae), and which causes a rare and severe disease called babesiosis; he also discovered cellular inclusions in rabies-infected nerve cells.
    * Emanoil Bacaloglu: he is known for the "Bacaloglu pseudosphere". This is a surface of revolution for which the "Bacaloglu curvature" is constant.
    * Radu Bălescu: he worked on the statistical physics of charged particles (Bălescu-Lenard collision operator).
    * Albert-László Barabási: he introduced in 1999 the concept of scale-free networks and proposed the Barabasi-Albert model to explain their widespread emergence in natural, technological and social systems, from the cellular telephone to the WWW or online communities.
    * Adrian Bejan: inventor of the constructal theory of generation of design in nature.
    * Alexandra Bellow: has made substantial contributions to the fields of ergodic theory, probability and analysis.
    * Ştefan Burileanu: inventor of the Burileanu antiaircraft cannon.

C

* Ioan Cantacuzino: his discoveries were relevant in the treatment of cholera, epidemic typhus, tuberculosis, and scarlet fever.
    * Elie Carafoli: a pioneering contributor to the field of aerodynamics.
    * Alexandru Ciurcu: invented alongside Just Buisson the reaction engine.
    * Henri Coandă: builder of world's first jet powered aircraft.
    * George Constantinescu: invented the synchronised machine gun that could fire through aircraft propellors.

D

* Carol Davila: invented the Davila tincture used for the treatment of cholera, an opioid-based oral solution in use for symptomatic management of diarrhea.
    * Anastase Dragomir: he invented the parachuted cell, a dischargeable chair from an aircraft or other vehicle, designed for emergency escapes, an early version of the modern ejection seat.

E

* Lazăr Edeleanu: he was the first chemist to synthesize amphetamine.

F

* Alexandru Froda: discovered Froda's theorem.
G

* Sándor Gaál: alleged co-inventor of the cyclotron.
    * Tudor Ganea: discovered the Eilenberg-Ganea conjecture.
    * Billy Gladstone: among his inventions is the rare jazz instrument, the Bock-a-da-bock.
    * Ladislas Goldstein: he was notable for the application of gas-discharge phenomena in microwave physics, microwave propagation in free electron media, and infrared detection.
    * Rodrig Goliescu: he built the avioplan, the first airplane with a tubular fuselage and the "Aviocoleopter", the first aircraft to have a toroidal wing.

H

* Spiru Haret: he made a fundamental contribution to the n-body problem in celestial mechanics by proving that using a third degree approximation for the disturbing forces implies instability of the major axes of the orbits, and by introducing the concept of secular perturbations in relation to this.
    * László Heller: invented the Heller–Forgó cooling system for power stations.
I

J

* Ernő Jendrassik: known for his research on reflexes, in particular, the Jendrassik maneuver.

K

* Nicolae Vasilescu-Karpen: he invented the Karpen Pile, which works in the absence of a magnetic field, but takes advantage of the thermal-siphon effect of the electrolyte density variation.

L

* Traian Lalescu: discovered the Lalescu sequence.
    * Constantin Levaditi: alongside Karl Landsteiner, he discovered in 1909 the presence of the polio virus in tissues other than nervous.

M

* Preda Mihăilescu: known for his proof of Catalan's conjecture.
    * Meinhard E. Mayer: an early contributor to the theory of vector-bosons (W and Z bosons) and electro-weak unification, which later became the Standard model, and an early advocate of the use of fiber bundles in gauge theory.
    * Mina Minovici: famous for his extensive research regarding cadaverous alkaloids, putrefaction, simulated mind diseases, and criminal anthropology.
    * Grigore Moisil: discovered Łukasiewicz-Moisil algebra

N

* Mihai Nadin: he founded the world’s first program in Computational Design.
    * Costin Neniţescu: he found new methods for the synthesis of pirilium salts, of carbenes, triptamine, serotonine, two new syntheses for the indole nucleus, and a new method of polymerisation of ethylene.
O

* Hermann Oberth: along with the Russian Konstantin Tsiolkovsky and the American Robert Goddard, one of the founding fathers of rocketry and astronautics.
    * Ştefan Odobleja: had established many of the major themes of cybernetics regarding cybernetics and systems thinking ten years before the work of Norbert Wiener was published in 1948.

P

* George Emil Palade: discovered of the ribosomes.
    * Nicolae Paulescu: the discoverer of insulin.
    * Gheorghe Paun: prominent for work on membrane computing and the P system.
    * Eugen Pavel: inventor of the Hyper CD-ROM, a 3D optical data storage medium with a claimed initial capacity of 10 TB and with a theoretical capacity of 1 PB on a single disc.
    * Aurel Perşu: built the first car to have the wheels inside its aerodynamic line.
    * Ion N. Petrovici: he described the Alternating Asphygmo-Pyramidal Syndrome in occlusions of the carotid arteries.
    * Petrache Poenaru: invented the world's first fountain pen.
    * Dimitrie Pompeiu: his contributions were mainly in the field of mathematical analysis, complex functions theory, and rational mechanics. In an article published in 1929, he posed a challenging conjecture in integral geometry, now widely known as the Pompeiu problem.
    * Nicolae Popescu: known for his contributions to Algebra and the theory of abelian categories.
    * Vasile M. Popov: he is well known for having developed a method to analyze stability of nonlinear dynamical systems, now known as Popov criterion.
    * Ştefan Procopiu: he established the magnetic moment and determined the physical constant of magnetic moment, named magneton. The magneton is now known as Bohr-Procopiu magneton.
Q

R

* Emil Racoviţă: he is the founder of biospeleology.
    * Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen: introduced into economics, inter alia, the concept of entropy from thermodynamics.

S

* Anghel Saligny: built the first silos in the world made of reinforced concrete.
    * Isaac Jacob Schoenberg: known for his discovery of splines.
    * Andrei Silard: he discovered the unitary formulation of the power semiconductor devices breakdown theory and its experimental verification, the introduction of double interdigitation concept, theoretical classification of the particularities of electrical internal fields in semiconductor junctions VLSI type, the introduction of original solutions in silicon solar cells with great efficiency designing and realization, the elaboration of new methods for optic sensors spectral response control, the electrothermal investigation of power devices and analog integrated circuits.
    * Florentin Smarandache: discovered the n-th Smarandache–Wellin number.
    * Robert Steinberg: invented the Steinberg representation, the Steinberg group in algebraic K-theory, and the Steinberg groups in Lie theory that yield finite simple groups over finite fields.
    * Gabriel Sudan: known for the Sudan function, an important example in the theory of computation, similar to the Ackermann function.
    * Franz Nopcsa von Felső-Szilvás: one of the founders of paleobiology and Albanian studies.

T

* Ioan Tănăsescu: he discovered the Lehmstedt-Tanasescu reaction, which was improved by Karl Lehmstedt.
    * Nicolae Teclu: invented the "Teclu burner".

U

V

* Aurel Vlaicu: built the first arrow-shaped airplane.
    * Gheorghe Vrânceanu: discovered the notion of non-holonomic spaces.
    * Traian Vuia: built and flew the first self-propelling heavier-than-air aircraft in Europe.

W

* Abraham Wald: contributed to decision theory, geometry, and econometrics, and founded the field of statistical sequential analysis.
skipper2666
Go Canucks Go!
+13|6315|Canada BC

Narupug wrote:

Baseball, American Football, and Basketball
sorry basketball was invented in canada

In early December 1891, Dr. James Naismith,[2] a Canadian physical education professor from McGill University of Montréal and instructor at YMCA Training School[3] (today, Springfield College) in Springfield, Massachusetts, USA, sought a vigorous indoor game to keep his students occupied and at proper levels of fitness during the long New England winters. After rejecting other ideas as either too rough or poorly suited to walled-in gymnasiums, he wrote the basic rules and nailed a peach basket onto a 10-foot (3.05 m) elevated track. In contrast with modern basketball nets, this peach basket retained its bottom, and balls had to be retrieved manually after each "basket" or point scored; this proved inefficient, however, so a hole was drilled into the bottom of the basket, allowing the balls to be poked out with a long dowel each time. The peach baskets were used until 1906 when they were finally replaced by metal hoops with backboards. A further change was soon made, so the ball merely passed through, paving the way for the game we know today. A soccer ball was used to shoot goals. Whenever a person got the ball in the basket, his team would gain a point. Whichever team got the most points won the game.[4] The baskets were originally nailed to the mezzanine balcony of the playing court, but this proved impractical when spectators on the balcony began to interfere with shots. The backboard was introduced to prevent this interference; it had the additional effect of allowing rebound shots.[5] Naismith's handwritten diaries, discovered by his granddaughter in early 2006, indicate that he was nervous about the new game he had invented, which incorporated rules from a children's game called "Duck on a Rock", as many had failed before it. Naismith called the new game "Basket Ball".[6]
SealXo
+309|6536
didnt benz create the first steam engine car in something like 1886
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

SealXo wrote:

didnt benz create the first steam engine car in something like 1886
first combustion engine mated to what you could define as a car.

amongst looooooaaaads of other car bits and bobs
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6620|Auteuil, Laval
It was under what do canadian can be proud of; it's a bit off topic and nothing has been veryfied.

1. Smarties

2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp

3. The size of our footballs fields, one less down, and bigger balls.

4. Baseball is Canadian - First game June 4, 1838 - Ingersoll , ON

5. Lacrosse is Canadian

6. Hockey is Canadian

7. Basketball is Canadian

8. Apple pie is Canadian

9. Mr. Dress-up beats Mr. Rogers

10. Tim Hortons beats Dunkin' Donuts

11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans back past their White House. Then we burned it, and most of Washington.. We got bored because they ran away. Then, we came home and partied........ Go figure. ... {{Canadians burned more than the White House hmmmmm I never knew that!!!!!!}}

12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany .

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere. EVER. (We got clobbered in the odd battle but prevailed in ALL the wars)

14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and lasted a little over an hour.

15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, he slept in and missed the whole thing. He showed up just in time to get caught.

16. A Canadian invented Standard Time.

17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 2.5% of the earth's surface and is still around as the oldest north-american company and one of the worlds oldest.  Incorporated since 1670.

18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes. (That's more information than I need!)

19. We know what to do with the parts of a buffalo.

20. We don't marry our kin-folk.

21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, Velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis and the telephone. Also short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.

23. A Canadian invented Superman.

24. We have coloured money.

25. Our beer advertisements kick ass {Incidently... so does our beer}

26. Alexander Graham Bell, a naturalized Canadian, invented the telephone.

BUT MOST IMPORTANT ! :

The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on.

Disclaimer; Yes some info are debatable but maybe fun to read.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6290|Éire
The missionary position...

...you're welcome.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard