Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
uziq
+405|2500

lil_droo wrote:

uziq wrote:

you seem very confused. abortion, like recreational drug use, is a personal choice. let people do what they want with their own bodies, so long as it doesn't impinge upon anyone else. that's liberalism, not 'one-eyed and unhinged'.

speeding laws, and drink-driving laws, are there because speeding kills innocent people. it's not 'let people do what they want with their own bodies'. it poses a huge and present risk to er, everyone else sharing the highways.

people taking MDMA at clubs or experimenting with hallucinogens CAN do so safely and in a way that doesn't harm anyone else. speeding a car whilst blitzed out of your mind, not so much.
Technically ppl that are pro-life don't think abortion is a personal choice cause it involves a human life/baby. That's the whole point, not saying i 100% degree but u can't compare abortion to drug use. Plus a lot of "personal choices" can have impact on society. Heroin addicts robbing people to get their fix.
i'm talking early-term abortion only.

i've never said heroin should be legal or anything but a highly controlled substance. speaking of which, isn't america already flush with a perfectly legal opioid epidemic? how's all those drug laws working out for you?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+489|2767
Legal opioids sounds great on paper. Wash down a pill with beer. See you tomorrow. See you tomorrow?
uziq
+405|2500
anyway i actually loved norm macdonald. watching that guy's youtube videos, talk show interviews, podcast episodes, etc, would brighten any day.

guy kind of affected the 'holy fool' trope, but was razor-sharp in his intelligence. incidentally the holy fool is very popular in russian culture and and norm was an expert in russian literature.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,920|5679|949

Same here. Like I said above, I absolutely love the way he subverts cheap comedy tricks. I still quote a norm mcdonald bit I saw 20 years ago.
uziq
+405|2500
crazy that for the last 10 years he's been making cancer and 9/11 jokes and it all almost came to a head on THE goddamned day.

Last edited by uziq (2021-09-14 21:26:15)

uziq
+405|2500

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard