Kez
+778|5699|London, UK
June 23, 2009 - Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1 & 2, and Portal Update Released

Updates to Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1 & 2, and Portal have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2, Episode 1 & 2, and Portal

Added support for the Novint Falcon

General

Added an option to the advanced multiplayer menu to select left or right handed view models

Fixed a bug where a spectator's wearable items could be seen floating around the player they were spectating

Fixed a bug where a fake Spy hand would appear on the screen of other players

Custom death animations now only play 25% of the time

Fixed teleporters not being build-able in some places where they should be (such as within the pit at the end of Badwater Basin)

Fixed rare client crash on connection and level change

Removed refract from water ripples caused by bullet impacts for performance reasons

Added log entries for player extinguished events using the medigun, jarate, flamethrower and dispenser

Started tracking localization settings to help make decisions regarding localization in the future

Fixed the blank progress bar in the upper-left of the screen when the client scheme is reloaded

Mapmaker requests

Added spawn flag to func_respawnroomvisualizer that allows it be non-solid to players

Added SetSolid input to func_respawnroomvisualizer to change solidity to players dynamically

Added OnWonByTeam1 and OnWonByTeam2 outputs to the TFGamerulesProxy

Sniper

Fixed a bad detection case in the "Friendship is Golden" achievement

Changed the description of the "Triple Prey" achievement so it better describes how to get it

Critical arrows now have a trail and correctly deal enhanced damage

The Huntsman now defaults to be right handed

Friendly arrows will no longer trigger the near miss sound on you

Fixed several sources of floating arrows

Spy

Fixed disguised Spies occasionally looking like they have invulnerability, instead of the correct fake Spy mask

Disguised spies will no longer lose their disguise weapon when they interact with a weapon locker

Fixed a bug where the spy's watch would randomly change models during play

Fixed uncloaked spies flickering in and out of the cloak effect when taking damage

The Cloak and Dagger now always regenerates at its intended rate. Previously it only regenerated at the correct rate when the spy was cloaked

Increased the Cloak and Dagger regeneration rate slightly

Capped the rate of energy loss from moving faster than run speed (falling / air toss) while cloaked with the Cloak and Dagger

The Dead Ringer's cloak consume rate has been slightly reduced, giving about an extra second of cloak time on a full meter

Emerging from the Dead Ringer's cloak now drains up to 40% of the cloak meter instead of 100%. This drain only happens if the meter is at least 60% full

The Dead Ringer's cloak meter can now be regenerated from ammo sources

The Ambassador now only crits when fully accurate and no longer penetrates enemies

The Spy can no longer change weapons from the knife while shocked by the Razorback

Force-A-Nature & Flamethrower air blast knockback effects no longer work on disguised spies

Fixed disguised Spies showing the wrong teleporter effects when using an enemy teleporter
Omg Spy buff
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5493|England
mint
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464
Is it just me or is it alot easier to reflect arrows
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266
"If I have to crack some skulls, I will.."
https://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9546/124371591625.png

IRT

Lefty swap Soldier is fun. Righty swap Huntsman is hard.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-06-23 22:35:45)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6661|NT, like Mick Dundee

Tried the guns-on-the-other-side-of-the-screen thing.

Asploded my brain tbh.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5784|Catherine Black

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

"If I have to crack some skulls, I will.."
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9546/124371591625.png

IRT

Lefty swap Soldier is fun. Righty swap Huntsman is hard.
Nooo Soldier doesn't look like that.

Soldier looks like this:

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3211/2529782406_b033b95e37.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Brasso
+1,549|6626

Increased the Cloak and Dagger regeneration rate slightly
didn't need it, but even better
Force-A-Nature & Flamethrower air blast knockback effects no longer work on disguised spies
not cool
The Huntsman now defaults to be right handed
also not cool
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Banned
+236|5493|England
tbh isnt holding the huntsman on the left how a right handed person holds it so really when it was on the left is was right (right as in correct not the side right) but now its on the right which is not right because that makes him left handed whereas all the other classes are right handed on the right.

Last edited by SamBo:D (2009-06-24 08:56:21)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266

haffeysucks wrote:

not cool
Not only that, but as a side effect the airblast now extinguishes disguised enemy spies, adding insult to injury.

SamBo:D wrote:

tbh isnt holding the huntsman on the left how a right handed person holds it so really when it was on the left is was right (right as in correct not the side right) but now its on the left which is not right because that makes him left handed whereas all the other classes are right handed on the right.
I think its correct. He's now using his right hand to pull the arrow back which is right isn't it? I dunno i'm no archery expert.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-06-24 08:54:28)

Banned
+236|5493|England
ye if your right handed the right way would be to pull the arrow back with the right hand, which is what he has been doing all along
Brasso
+1,549|6626

SamBo:D wrote:

ye if your right handed the right way would be to pull the arrow back with the right hand, which is what he has been doing all along
yeah but the hand thats holding the bow goes across your body.  so the player model should have the bow on the right, being held with the left arm taking up a lot of the screen, and the right arm holding the string back
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6398|dm_maidenhead
Yeah. The way the huntsman was before this patch would have made him left handed, it is corrected now.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6771|Noizyland

Aww, I liked the Ambassador being able to shoot through heads. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy when the Snipers on the 2fort battlements lined up.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6152|Vancouver | Canada
Well fuck, I got used to the Huntsman being on the left side awhile ago.

But I rarely use it anymore, so oh well..

It's too much of a "Shoot and hope the enemy walks into it" weapon for me.

Ty wrote:

Aww, I liked the Ambassador being able to shoot through heads. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy when the Snipers on the 2fort battlements lined up.
Battlement Snipers need to get anally raped. Violently.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

DefCon-17 wrote:

It's a more objective based weapon. Imo.

People are quite willing to walk into it if they are racing toward a CP/pushing the cart.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6515|Adelaide, South Australia

Flecco wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

People are quite willing to walk into it if they are racing toward a CP/pushing the cart.
It's a combination of Aim+Elevation+Luck, whereas the rifle is only Aim.
Brasso
+1,549|6626

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Flecco wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

It's a combination of Aim+Elevation+Luck, whereas the rifle is only Aim.
well pre-firing is a big thing too.  i find using the huntsman nice at times because i'm used to waiting for enemies to come around corners with rocket launchers and whatnot.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266
I've decided that I prefer the Sniper Rifle too.

Also I can't seem to find a use for the Dead Ringer.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5980|Perth, Australia
I love snipers who use the Huntsman as they are so easy to kill with the sniper rifle. You both fire at the same time but my bullet kills them and I just sidestep their arrow.

Oh and btw C&D > Dead Ringer.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6465

June 25, 2009 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Linux Dedicated Server

Improved connection logic to help servers that aren't automatically reconnecting to Steam, and added extra logging to track it

Added extra data gathering to help us understand and improve Linux performance

Team Fortress 2

Changed cl_flipviewmodels so it can no longer be set while connected to a server

Fixed problem with Loadout Menu "Back" button not preserving the currently equipped weapon

Fixed a case where an observer could set the observed player's view models

Fixed the Heavy's punches not matching mouse button presses when the view models are flipped

Fixed Bonk! ammo count exploit after using a regeneration locker

Fixed Dead Ringer damage reduction exploit involving Spy taunting

Reverted Force-A-Nature and airblast knockback on disguised Spies, so that they can once again be knocked back

Missed notes from previous update

The Ambassador no longer penetrates buildings

Removed the movement speed penalty on The Razorback
There goes my firing around both corners as sodlier. It sure didn't last long.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Rod Foxx wrote:

I love snipers who use the Huntsman as they are so easy to kill with the sniper rifle. You both fire at the same time but my bullet kills them and I just sidestep their arrow.

Oh and btw C&D > Dead Ringer.
Step 1. Go to AU chat.

Step 2. Post plenty and become a regular.

Step 3. Play TF2 with us some time.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

https://i41.tinypic.com/jhadjs.jpg

That's right, a lvl 90 Ambassador.

Which doesn't change a god damn thing ffs.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266
Yes that viewmodel flip limit is rather annoying. I always switched it when I went Sniper to get the left hand Huntsman. Now I can't
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6398|dm_maidenhead

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Yes that viewmodel flip limit is rather annoying. I always switched it when I went Sniper to get the left hand Huntsman. Now I can't
Why don't they make it changeable in respawn rooms / next to supply closets?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266
I actually sent an email last night asking if they could do just that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard