Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6546|San Diego, CA, USA
Source: http://www.factcheck.org/politics/makin … nding.html

https://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4746/stimulusvsunemploymentmr.gif

Fact Check.org wrote:

With the economy continuing to shed hundreds of thousands of jobs per month, Republicans are stepping up attacks on President Obama. They claim that the massive "stimulus" spending isn't working very well.

A Republican Party Web site classifies as "fiction" the president's repeated claim that the spending already has "saved or created" a total of 150,000 jobs, and accuses him of "fuzzy math."

The GOP has a point here. The fact is the economy has lost more jobs, and the unemployment rate is significantly higher, than the administration originally predicted would be the case if Washington did nothing. In fact, the original projections of Obama's economic aides have turned out to be off by a very wide margin.

The administration counters by saying the economy was worse than it realized at the time it was making its projections, and that the present jobs picture would be darker yet without the stimulus spending. In the analysis that follows, we lay out the facts and figures.
How long before the administration stops blaming Bush?  2010...2012?  When?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL
the obama administration will stop blaming bush in 2016
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
Obama's approval rating dropped to 58%.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85

Harmor wrote:

Obama's approval rating dropped to 58%.
Fickle fucks demanding someone, anyone fix their problems for them, regardless of said person's ability to fix said problem.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6714
Obama has saved 27 million jobs since January... it's not provable but just look at how the economy has bounced back... (sarcasmalicious btw)
Love is the answer
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

You guys need Rudd. He hasn't done too badly. I don't agree with some of the spending but meh, what can you do, some of the stuff he's done seems to have worked.

Then again he has tried to tell the whole world how to run their economies a few times and nobody listened to him then.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6540|Texas - Bigger than France
To be expected in the first year (shock), second year (anger), third year (sadness), fourth year (acceptance).

Everyone messes with the numbers...my question is the democratic party was pissed that Obama didn't repeal most of the tax incentives Bush installed (and that Obama promised to repeal).  Arguably, that's got to keep unemployment from increasing as well.  So they ought to take credit for continuing along that path.
NgoDamWei
+7|5661|Western North Carolina
Actually it began when the legislature went Democrat, notoriously anti big business, in 2006. 

What people convieniently don't seem to recall is that the world markets hit all time highs under Reps/Bush admin.

I told stock friends then that we and the stock market would soon be undergoing the Pelosi Effect, basically a democrat inspired correction (read: minor crash) but I had no clue of all the trash stashed in the corporate closets and snakes in the homebuilding/mortgage wood piles.

It was a perfect storm situation to include oil and gold. 

The Prez does not rule Wall Street, much closer just the opposite.  It happened on the Bush watch but he was not the cause of it.  That's a myopic Doud syncophant Bush hater excuse because Democrats won't look in a mirror.
imortal
+240|6663|Austin, TX
That graph up top is nice, but I think this way makes it a lot better to visualize.

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6714

imortal wrote:

That graph up top is nice, but I think this way makes it a lot better to visualize.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJu0DgpiK8c
that is a great way to show it...
Love is the answer
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
Poor penny.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard