Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5769|Belgium
I'm still using my 2. speakers I got for free when I bought this computer, and I'm sick of the fact that I have to use my headset or earphones to even hear any bass..

So yeah, I'd like you guys to recommend me a nice 2.1 set please 2.1 because I really cbf with 4.1, and besides, does it have many advantages anyway?

Budget, only €100 max

Last edited by Jebus (2009-06-18 10:11:38)

Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6650
I recommend the Logitech Z-2300s. Had them for about 6 months so far.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6697|England

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

damn straight. i had tehm for about 6 as well. amazing set of speakers.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6833|Grapevine, TX
I got these Bose speakers (I got them with -$10.00 off at the time $89.00USD). Amazing sound quality and bass!! 
https://c1.neweggimages.com/productimage/36-166-006-03.jpg
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6450|Amsterdam‫
in b4  freezer/ sup  rage
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6632|UK
Moved to Tech/

It sounds like you're not fussed about surround sound, so yeah - don't bother with 4.1/5.1/etc. The only advantage would be surround sound in movies and a few games. So not really that important.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6419|Finland

Fancy Pollux and Teflon Shadow are going to get surprise buttsecks real soon....
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5940
Logitech X-240 FTW....
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6504|so randum
well you'll need a preamp, an amp thats older than your grandma, some £300000 silver box that does insane hertz and makes noises even bats can't hear and then possibly no life and a guns and roses album.

Alternativly, just get what polux recommended, if you're a normal sane person.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jsnipy
+3,276|6527|...

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

I got these Bose speakers (I got them with -$10.00 off at the time $89.00USD). Amazing sound quality and bass!! 
http://c1.neweggimages.com/productimage … 006-03.jpg
Sorry, but I actually bought those was highly disappointed. Its hard to mock a sub woofer.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

FatherTed wrote:

well you'll need a preamp, an amp thats older than your grandma, some £300000 silver box that does insane hertz and makes noises even bats can't hear and then possibly no life and a guns and roses album.

Don't forget that you need 4 whole albums in FLAC.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6458|The Twilight Zone

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

For the money they are pretty good considering you get a sub too although I would rather get a better 2.0 set.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6695|Devon, England

FatherTed wrote:

*disagrees*
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6475

FFLink13 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

*disagrees*

Rebukes.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5769|Belgium

liquidat0r wrote:

Moved to Tech/

It sounds like you're not fussed about surround sound, so yeah - don't bother with 4.1/5.1/etc. The only advantage would be surround sound in movies and a few games. So not really that important.
Woops, sorry.

And yeah, my computer isn't really in the best place to put surround sound, and I think I cbf with the configuration anyway. I'll look in those Logitechs
FFLink
There is.

Uzique wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

*disagrees*

Rebukes.

*pokes*

.. Hard...
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

Logitech speakers are about as bad as it gets. Same goes for BOSE. Look into the Altec Lansing FX4021 if you actually want almost good sound out of cheap computer speakers.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2009-06-19 01:21:08)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
FFLink
There is.

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Logitech speakers are about as bad as it gets. Look into the Altec Lansing FX4021 if you actually want almost good sound out of cheap computer speakers.
Remember he's probably normal

Now get your ass to my thread!
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6202|Winland

FFLink13 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Logitech speakers are about as bad as it gets. Look into the Altec Lansing FX4021 if you actually want almost good sound out of cheap computer speakers.

Even if the Logitechs sound fine to him, he shouldn't buy them for the sole fact that they're Logitechs. They cost them about $20 to build, and they don't deserve the massive profit.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6504|so randum

Freezer7Pro wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Even if the Logitechs sound fine to him, he shouldn't buy them for the sole fact that they're Logitechs. They cost them about $20 to build, and they don't deserve the massive profit.
If they sound fine to him, he should buy them.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6632|UK

FatherTed wrote:

If they sound fine to him, he should buy them.
I disagree. If people that know what they're talking about are advising not to buy them, then why buy them?
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6419|Finland

I like Z-2300s.

edit: even .sup said they are decent for the price. Only one in this thread saying no is freezer who doesn't even listen to music.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-06-19 05:06:28)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6586|SE London

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

I like Z-2300s.

edit: even .sup said they are decent for the price. Only one in this thread saying no is freezer who doesn't even listen to music.
Everyone likes the Z-2300s. Except Freezer.l
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6737|St. Andrews / Oslo

FatherTed wrote:

hahaha
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6202|Winland

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

I like Z-2300s.

When you look at what you get, they really aren't good for the price. A cheap chip amp, ultra-cheap drivers and horribly designed enclosures. I mean, bass reflex on satellites? Come on now. Those things shouldn't even try to produce bass! That's what the subwoofer is for!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard