TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6438|Brisbane, Australia

http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/06/17/ … c-ghostbu/

Multiplayer for the PC version of Ghostbusters is something that Threewave and Terminal Reality always wanted to do. However, our focus was on making the console version the best that they could be - an experience that allows multiple players to re-live and re-fight many of the themes from the movies. When we looked at the resources necessary to pull off multiplayer on the consoles and the PC, it became a question of what could we do and still be excellent in our execution. We couldn't do all versions with multiplayer simultaneously with the resources that we had available - there was simply too much to do. Something would have to suffer. Therefore, we kept our focus on making the console versions deliver on the promise of being an integral player on the Ghostbusters team.
I didnt plan on getting the game, but this is pretty funny.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
they're a business

what don't people understand about this? it's just like with putting MGS on the 360
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

"Fuck you, Ghostbuster Devs."
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

Wow, amateur devs...

With current gen consoles they're doing half the work for twice the pay. The least they could do is use some of their obviously important time to give us some shitty consolized multiplayer.

Poseidon, businesses with shitty service tend not to last long.

Last edited by Miggle (2009-06-17 20:22:59)

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Wow, amateur devs...

With current gen consoles they're doing half the work for twice the pay. The least they could do is use some of their obviously important time to give us some shitty consolized multiplayer.

well considering both Threewave and Terminal Reality have been around for 15 years....I'd disagree with that
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Everyone knows multiplayer is better on the pc.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Wow, amateur devs...

well considering both Threewave and Terminal Reality have been around for 15 years....I'd disagree with that
Threewave's made 3 games, all in the last year...

When quality drops, people stop buying. My house is infested with carpenter ants because we stopped paying Orkin for the shitty work they were doing.

I suspect their PC sales are a bit low.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Wow, amateur devs...

When quality drops, people stop buying. My house is infested with carpenter ants because we stopped paying Orkin for the shitty work they were doing.

Yeah, I wonder how many people were going to buy the PC version of Ghostbusters in the first place...
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yeah, I wonder how many people were going to buy the PC version of Ghostbusters in the first place...
I suspect their PC sales are a bit low, even for ghostbusters

Last edited by Miggle (2009-06-17 20:31:36)

jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

AussieReaper wrote:

Everyone knows multiplayer is better on the pc.
its not about better, its about which platform will sell the most copies and yield fewer support incidents
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5903|CA
Probably because the developers knew many would pirate it/illegally obtain for the PC, so why go through the trouble of making a multiplayer component that only a few thousand would use, compared the the tens, if not hundreds of thousands that console gamers will use?  (Estimating numbers here, I'm not sure how successful the game will actually be)

+This doesn't mean I'm blaming or pointing towards piracy as the culprit, but I'm sure it was one of the factors that the developers looked at.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Miggle wrote:

Wow, amateur devs...

How are they doing half the work for twice the pay?  I'm curious.  Is it easier to develop a console game?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6155|Vancouver | Canada
PC gamers say:

AussieReaper wrote:

"Fuck you, Ghostbuster Devs."
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6715

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Wow, amateur devs...

How are they doing half the work for twice the pay?  I'm curious.  Is it easier to develop a console game?
It's slightly easier to build a console game title due to the fact that there is only 1 machine it must run on... and
the depth of the game on a console is also limited... but neither a console game or PC game is easy to make....
let alone that it's playable and successful... 
My friend works for a company that makes xbox games and he is also a PC game modder and he says it's challenging to do xbox
games. 
   And i have been modding PC games for 4 years and from what i have heard and seen it isn't the job to have if you want to get rich...lol
Unless you start a design studio that happens to produce a great title and sells a lot of copies or you get bought out by EA or other large company...  Most game devs due it for the love of doing it... the money helps but not the main focus

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2009-06-17 23:47:54)

Love is the answer
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6401|dm_maidenhead

AussieReaper wrote:

Everyone knows multiplayergaming is better on the pc.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
Who the fuck cares about a Ghostbuster game?

Multiplayer would suck anal hemorrhoids anyway...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6529|Boston, MA
I think it's funny that being are defending their laziness as a game company.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

I wasn't aware not having enough resources = laziness.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5982|Perth, Australia

TopHat01 wrote:

Probably because the developers knew many would pirate it/illegally obtain for the PC, so why go through the trouble of making a multiplayer component that only a few thousand would use, compared the the tens, if not hundreds of thousands that console gamers will use?  (Estimating numbers here, I'm not sure how successful the game will actually be)

+This doesn't mean I'm blaming or pointing towards piracy as the culprit, but I'm sure it was one of the factors that the developers looked at.
I disagree.

If the game had a good multiplayer then people would buy it as online would require a legit copy. If the game ships without multiplayer to pc then it is more likely to be pirated as there is less of a draw to owning a legit copy.

Personally though i agree with Uzique. Multiplayer for a Ghostbuster games sounds fucking terrible.
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5496|England
Ghostbusters is shit anyway
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Probably their preemptive retaliation against pirates, although I can imagine this would only encourage it since most people's thinking is "If I'm not gonna play multiplayer, I'll download it."
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

It's funny how MP is the only thing to effectively counter pirating on PC and they leave that out. GG devs. No one will buy that for PC then.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-06-18 08:53:34)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6529|Boston, MA

Poseidon wrote:

"well considering both Threewave and Terminal Reality have been around for 15 years...." they should have plenty of resources.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Poseidon wrote:

"well considering both Threewave and Terminal Reality have been around for 15 years...." they should have plenty of resources.
Oh yeah I forgot, just because a company's been around for a longer time means they have infinite resources. My bad!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
As a self described ex-PC gamer I'm not surprised these days that devs favour consoles more, there's just so much piracy in the PC market that it almost makes no economic sense to develop just for PC, especially if it's a single-player centric game (multiplayer usually requires legit keys)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard