jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Just curious; What is it like? I have relatives probably moving there.

... and need spies

Last edited by jsnipy (2009-06-10 15:25:31)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

my neighbors live in dorset.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6763|d
Dorset ? fuk that shit.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

mafia996630 wrote:

Dorset ? fuk that shit.
explain please.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
ignore him.

It's in south west England and is renowned for scenic shit/countryside.  Dorset is one of the poorest area of England though.

FFLink is from that part of the world, he'll prob be better answering your question with his first hand knowledge.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6627|UK
It's a nice place. Though I've only ever really been there on holidays.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6763|d

jsnipy wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

Dorset ? fuk that shit.
explain please.
ant Dorest for old people ? and chavs hanging around street corners ? and full of just white people ?
m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK

mafia996630 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

Dorset ? fuk that shit.
explain please.
ant Dorest for old people ? and chavs hanging around street corners ? and full of just white people ?
it's where they go to retire...it's called costa del a geriatrica for a reason.

It's poor as hell, therefore i guess more chavs

Don't know what to make of your third point tbh....
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6763|d

m3thod wrote:

you say that like its not true ? ? i saw racism in kent,on a a fuking beach ffs, probz a lot worse in "sunny" dorest.

Edit: Maybe i'm just use to the cultural mix of london.

Last edited by mafia996630 (2009-06-10 17:02:07)

m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK

mafia996630 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

you say that like its not true ? ? i saw racism in kent,on a a fuking beach ffs, probz a lot worse in "sunny" dorest.

Don't go to Bradford it's full of pakis.

Don't go to South London it's full of negros.

Don't go to Ireland is full of drunks.

Don't go to Scotland it's full of more drunks.

Once instance of racism, don't mean everyone is a redneck.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6763|d

m3thod wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

well yeah i get what your saying but my point still stands tbh.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

mafia996630 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

Kent and Dorset aren't anywhere near each other - what is your fucking point?

I live quite near Dorset, a county or so away, and it's pretty nice for what it is. Picturesque rural countryside, small hamlets and country villages- very quiet and agricultural. The Dorset, Devonshire and Cornish landscape isn't quite like anywhere else in England, and they have their own 'culture' too, to a degree. Lots of tourism and lots of old-age retirement too.

As m3th said the area isn't the most expensive to live in, nor is it undergoing an economic boom at the moment. Nice quiet country-living with pleasant views =/= high-flying business and industry. Most of the local economy there collapsed when the mining and fishing/shipyard trades started to go downhill, so there are certain towns to avoid, mostly because they're recessive shitholes.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6763|d

Uzique wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Kent and Dorset aren't anywhere near each other - what is your fucking point?

I live quite near Dorset, a county or so away, and it's pretty nice for what it is. Picturesque rural countryside, small hamlets and country villages- very quiet and agricultural. The Dorset, Devonshire and Cornish landscape isn't quite like anywhere else in England, and they have their own 'culture' too, to a degree. Lots of tourism and lots of old-age retirement too.

As m3th said the area isn't the most expensive to live in, nor is it undergoing an economic boom at the moment. Nice quiet country-living with pleasant views =/= high-flying business and industry. Most of the local economy there collapsed when the mining and fishing/shipyard trades started to go downhill, so there are certain towns to avoid, mostly because they're recessive shitholes.
When the fuk did i say they were near each other ? what's them being near each other got to do with anything ?

When the fuk did i say its not an idyllic place? and yeah i'm sure it has some sort of "culture" but like you said, to a degree.

Edit: Like i said, my point still stands.

Last edited by mafia996630 (2009-06-10 18:38:36)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
You related seeing racism on a Kent-beach to being "probably a lot worse" in Dorset. What sort of informed opinion is that? That's why I said they're hardly near each other; I don't see any connection or correlation there, nor do I follow your train of thought on that one.

Overall, for the purpose of this thread, Dorset is a pretty damn nice place to live. On a wider-scale of England/UK, Dorset is at least in the comparably-affluent South, with nicer sunnier weather and a better standard of living to anywhere up there in those barren Northern wastelands!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6763|d

Uzique wrote:

You related seeing racism on a Kent-beach to being "probably a lot worse" in Dorset. What sort of informed opinion is that? That's why I said they're hardly near each other; I don't see any connection or correlation there, nor do I follow your train of thought on that one.
98.7% of Dorset's population are of white ethnicity. 77.9% of the population are Christian and 13.7% are not religious.[11] Dorset has the highest proportion of elderly people of any county in the United Kingdom: 27.4% of the population are over 65.[12]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorset#Demographics

The ethnicity of the Kent was 96.5% White, 0.9% mixed race, 0.3% Chinese, 1.7% other Asian and 0.4% Black. The place of birth for residents was 94.2% United Kingdom, 0.7% Republic of Ireland, 0.5% Germany, 0.9% other Western Europe countries, 0.3% Eastern Europe, 0.8% Africa, 0.6% Far East, 0.9% South Asia, 0.2% Middle East, 0.4% North America, 0.1% South America and 0.3% Oceania. Religion was recorded as 74.6% Christian, 0.7% Sikh, 0.6% Muslim, 0.4% Hindu, 0.2% Buddhist and 0.1% Jewish, while 15.2% were recorded as having no religion, 0.3% had an alternative religion, and 7.8% did not state their religion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent#Demographics

Now i lived right next to kent uni so i'm pretty sure i didn't see much and also they have the beach there so they are probz somewhat more used to seeing people of other background. I have yet to talk speak to/ hear about a person who is not white and has been to dorest.

Last edited by mafia996630 (2009-06-10 18:53:17)

jamiet757
+138|6622
I sure don't.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
What the fuck? Since when could you use demographic data to infer racism?

99.89% of Niger are black, does that mean they hate white people?

Really not following your argument here. I've seen all ethnicities in the South-West (and Dorset) area, and don't regard any of those counties as being racist or xenophobic.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6408|Somersetshire
Mafia, you ever been to Dorset?
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6763|d
@uzique, i'm using demographic data to show the lack of racial diversity. i'm also using popular destinations as a indirect factor that could be affecting racial diversity. Also bare in mind, its my opinion.

@tehremos, unfortunately i haven't.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
no thank god.

if you're dead, move to dorset.

j/k, it's quite nice tbh
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
but not as nice as cheshire.

go there
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

mafia996630 wrote:

@uzique, i'm using demographic data to show the lack of racial diversity. i'm also using popular destinations as a indirect factor that could be affecting racial diversity. Also bare in mind, its my opinion.

You're getting it completely wrong, you clearly haven't studied this in any form...

Racial diversity and higher percentages of fractured, dislocated and diaspora communities == racism.
Higher percentages of standard, white-English majority == no racism.

You'll find a LOT more racism in ethnically-vibrant hubs like London than you ever will in the quiet shires of Dorset and the West country proper.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6763|d

Uzique wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

You're getting it completely wrong, you clearly haven't studied this in any form...

Racial diversity and higher percentages of fractured, dislocated and diaspora communities == racism.
Higher percentages of standard, white-English majority == no racism.

You'll find a LOT more racism in ethnically-vibrant hubs like London than you ever will in the quiet shires of Dorset and the West country proper.
haven't studied in any form ? wtf?

what ?, that's complete bullshit. Living in a diverse place like London creates tolerance and respect for people of other backgrounds. And yeah your right that racism is probz lower in majority white areas, but that's only because its full of majority white people in the first place. Add a black/asain dude into the majority white area and you'll see racism.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

mafia, by blanketing all white people in Dorset/all white people in high-white ethnicity areas as racist, you're being a racist.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
You just don't see racism nowadays in older people, just kids who love to be hated (See Chavs) and those who joke about it.

But more importantly, stick to the subject. There's no need to bring racism into something that just doesn't need it mentioned.

It's got some alright views, good walks, but it's not for me. I need some form of population and technology, I'd get so bored out there. I've only been through on trips back home from London and Leicester every now and then a few years ago, but other than that I know little.

But if you're old or nearing old, go ahead.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard