KuSTaV
noice
+947|6512|Gold Coast
like, on a scale of, like, 1-10

56/10
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
what was it like :3
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6512|Gold Coast
Just realised it was part of the faultline trailer, lel.

The part just before the van explodes.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
douche

get me all excited
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone

-MetaL* wrote:

Because at over 4GB the differences are not really noticeable.
It's not like ram is expensive or anything.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria

KuSTaV wrote:

Just realised it was part of the faultline trailer, lel.

The part just before the van explodes.
Multiplayer dreams or GTFO!
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney

eusgen wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Why do you want 8GB of RAM? 4GB is more than adequate.
Why wouldn't you want 8GB of ram?
Waste of money if you're just gaming - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mem … ,2264.html
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5868|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
DDR3 is half the price of what it was a year ago, I'm fine with 4GB but 8 is good for a new rig. You're better off buying 8GB and not maxing out all the slots that way you can still overclock the cpu good if you want. So many people got 16-24GBs either they are all hardcorde CAD designers/video editors or whatever the latest trend is or they think it makes games run faster.
I'm not sure if I'll even be able to afford to upgrade my 4870 so I'm hoping it'll play BF3 on mostly low similar to BF2 at least. Hope it's more optimized then Crysis 2 I can play that ok on low but the controls are so laggy where the framerates aren't really high
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

KuSTaV wrote:

I had a dream I was playing BF3 last night.

It was fucking awesome.
Well, it'll definitely be a wet dream for aircraft whores, what with cover becoming non-existant in short order.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Naturn wrote:

What about a AMD X4 955 @ 3.6GHz, 8GBs 1600, and 5770?  I'm hoping I won't have to upgrade too much when the time comes.
The HD5770 might struggle a bit, depending on your resolution/graphics settings.
I play at 1280x720.  I stream PC and XBox games.  So 8GBs of RAM is needed.  I can play BC2 at full graphics DX11 and get 50FPS~.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Naturn wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Naturn wrote:

What about a AMD X4 955 @ 3.6GHz, 8GBs 1600, and 5770?  I'm hoping I won't have to upgrade too much when the time comes.
The HD5770 might struggle a bit, depending on your resolution/graphics settings.
I play at 1280x720.  I stream PC and XBox games.  So 8GBs of RAM is needed.  I can play BC2 at full graphics DX11 and get 50FPS~.
Yeah, but what is your FPS at 1920x1080 or 1920x1200?
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN
Doesn't matter to me, because I capture @ 1280x720.  I have a 24" 1080p monitor FYI.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Naturn wrote:

Doesn't matter to me, because I capture @ 1280x720.  I have a 24" 1080p monitor FYI.
I have a Happauge to capture 360 at 720, but playing PC at 1280x720 is just too low for me.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN

Ilocano wrote:

Naturn wrote:

I have a Happauge to capture 360 at 720, but playing PC at 1280x720 is just too low for me.
I'm investing into a Black Magic Shuttle.  The PCI-E version didn't work, so I am getting the USB 3 version.  But, yea I use xsplit w/ SFCH as my screen cap software.  They work great.  Check out www.ngame.tv/nextlvlgaming to see some of the broadcasts with the software.

As for BF3 I REALLY hope its optimized better than BC2.  I want to be able to play it at least on medium.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California

UnkleRukus wrote:

Maybe if my teammates didn't suck so much with the jet. They wouldn't need teamkilling.
So true

I miss keeping those J10s on the ground on Wake Island. I rarely saw fighters worth a shit in F35s.

F18s were the coolest though
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6512|Gold Coast
f15 > all
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5237|Cleveland, Ohio
ugh this has turned into uber nerd thread.  can we get a pc spec thread.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6793|Jupiter

DrunkFace wrote:

-MetaL* wrote:

Because at over 4GB the differences are not really noticeable.
It's not like ram is expensive or anything.
^ This was where I was going with it. I'm most likely gonna get 16GB when I upgrade this year, why not? It's so cheap anyways.

11 Bravo wrote:

ugh this has turned into uber nerd thread.  can we get a pc spec thread.
So what exactly are computer gamers... other than, nerds?

Last edited by eusgen (2011-03-29 06:53:27)

11 Bravo
Banned
well why cant we have a seperate thread for pc specs and then just a thread for the game itself?
thepilot91
+64|6236|Åland!
why should we ? the talk about rig-building is just because of bf3 and what they're gonna get to play it ...
And why even bother when you only play on https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n121/thepilot91/CONSOLE.png anyway?

create a forum on your PS3 / XBOX and post your opinions there instead...

Last edited by thepilot91 (2011-03-29 09:36:56)

UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5036|Massachusetts, USA
This is the Battlefield 3 thread, not post your rig/specs thread for fucks sake. How hard is that to understand.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

UnkleRukus wrote:

This is the Battlefield 3 thread, not post your rig/specs thread for fucks sake. How hard is that to understand.
leave thepilot alone, he's clearly autistic
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

thepilot91 wrote:

why should we ? the talk about rig-building is just because of bf3 and what they're gonna get to play it ...
And why even bother when you only play on http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n121 … ONSOLE.png anyway?

UnkleRukus wrote:

11 Bravo
Banned

thepilot91 wrote:

getting a little sick of hearing this btw.  why dont you go to a pc support forum and post your opinions then?  eh?

so sod off this isnt a pc only forum.
thepilot91
+64|6236|Åland!

11 Bravo wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

getting a little sick of hearing this btw.  why dont you go to a pc support forum and post your opinions then?  eh?

so sod off this isnt a pc only forum.
yeah but I like the fact that you still stick around at bf2s (created "because" of the PC GAME BF2) and nag about PC players , nerds and PC games .

besides , I haven't posted my pc specs nor plans for a bf3 rig , I just think that it doesn't matter if people do since it's one of the most discussed things in the BF3 section atm because we don't have much else about BF3 to discuss so far.

And denpending on how you look at it this isn't it a sort of "PC support forum" ? , it's a forum that mainly supports a PC game , and as far as I know most people veiw it from their PCs , not their https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n121/thepilot91/CONSOLE.png 

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard