-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California
screw this game I think I'm done. patch ruined it for me
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon

-Sh1fty- wrote:

all cuz a fat chick gave you a bad phone number and a fake name.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Reciprocity wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

lol u wish fatty

seriously though they really fucked up this time around, more than they usually do with patches
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5036|Massachusetts, USA

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

lol u wish fatty

seriously though they really fucked up this time around, more than they usually do with patches
https://i.imgur.com/oNH4u.gif
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
wtb; attack heli pilot who will let me kill lots and lots of tanks

CV:

am ok with tv
have mic

am hungover
am bad at vidjagames
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
Why do they feel the urge to change every single thing every single patch?   "hey lets change everything lolz so they think we're actually working on this"

For those of you on PS3, does the 24 player limit ruin this expansion or is it still playable?

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-09-06 12:46:25)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
Wadda ya mean ruin? To slow of gameplay because of to few players? Didn't seem to bad to me the other night. Pace was fine, but then I was playing against a good team.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Well, yes, I mean ruined as in trying to play vanilla maps on conquest with 24 players and 5 to 7 flags.  The game is simply not designed for consoles.

So youre saying no?

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-09-06 13:49:48)

GeoEnvi
+22|6687|Philadelphia, PA
Playing the larger maps on the console does not ruin the experience.  They actually feel kinda small to me, as long as you stay in a vehicle.  There's a lot going on.  Think of it as a large TDM map with vehicles instead of infantry.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
ok I gave it another shot, I missed playing with my friends.

Helicopters are still ruined. You have to now have a good jet pilot up to defend your helicopter against enemy jets and in the meantime the gunner uses zoom optics to pick people off from afar and TV things. Works pretty good actually as long as they have terrible jet pilots or yours is wrecking their air.

Mortars need a massive buff. Loving the lack of no laser designator on scout choppers. It brought minigun duels back and it's a lot of fun and requires more skill than pointing in the general direction and clicking fire after the missile locks.

JNG-90 is rape, M417 is rape, M416 is rape, LSAT is now rape as well. Magnum didn't need a nerf.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
lsat is still shit fwiw
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
UnkleRukus
That Guy
People use zoom optics on helis? Lol, Thermals is still where its at.
GeoEnvi
Agreed, Unkle.  I never used Zoom or Thermal before, but since Flares are not available, it's all about the Thermal.

Still can't figure out the TVMs.  Need to tweak the sensitivity on my stick and don't feel like it every time.  AGMs are still the way to go, even if everyone and their brother is popping IR smoke.

Speaking of IR smoke: I was playing Tank Superiority last night and sitting amongst a group of three Tank Busters.  I was getting tone locked and the guy next to me popped smoke.  The smoke obscured my vision and I backed up.  The Javelin shell went right through the smoke and hit me.  Seems like it should have been distracted by the IR smoke?

Tank Superiority is kinda cool.  Like a TDM for armor.  If played well, it's like a cat and mouse game.  You can usually find an obstruction or depression in the landscape to hide in, with only your main cannon exposed.  The long range nature of the maps gets you working the ballistics reticle a little bit, too.  Plus, most of the maps allow flanking moves; especially when all the noobs are dogpiling on the flag CP.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
IR smoke only works for the vehicle that popped it. I ran thermals even before the patch, so its not much different. As always, you just need a good pilot.

If you aren't playing on the PC, TVs are fucking difficult to use. I used to play the 360, but I long since stopped. I play PC now.
GeoEnvi
One more comment on Tank Superiority:

It's going to be pretty hard for Tanks to Reign Superior when each team only gets ONE!

Tank Superiority should really be called: Tank Buster Superiority.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

UnkleRukus wrote:

IR smoke only works for the vehicle that popped it. I ran thermals even before the patch, so its not much different. As always, you just need a good pilot.

If you aren't playing on the PC, TVs are fucking difficult to use. I used to play the 360, but I long since stopped. I play PC now.
Are you sure about the smoke? I've locked a vehicle before that popped smoke, and switched to another vehicle nearby. Missile still went for the smoke and started doing crazy circuits like Bill the weasel.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Vehicle disable is the worst thing ever. Sure it's somewhat realistic but I don't give a crap (ejections ports are on the right side, all is well) because it ruins tank gameplay. People bail and and you don't get a kill. Back in BF2 and BC2 people would stay in their tanks at 10% health because they knew they still had a chance to dodge a shell or get away and repair. Disable is shit in MP games unless they're milsims.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

FatherTed wrote:

wtb; attack heli pilot who will let me kill lots and lots of tanks

CV:

am ok with tv
have mic

am hungover
am bad at vidjagames
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
didn't need your help anyway ):

i really wish i'd known AFPDS on apc's doesn't replace your HE earlier. utter fucking rape vs everything on bazaar with reactive and smoke.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Yeah it's really good! I can't tell how many shells you need to take out enemy reactive armor. I usually disable enemy vehicles with one burst of AFPDS or sometimes that and half a salvo of HE.

ATGM is pretty good but only if they don't have reactive on.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
APFSDS ignores reactive as it is non explosive.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Vehicle disable is the worst thing ever. Sure it's somewhat realistic but I don't give a crap (ejections ports are on the right side, all is well) because it ruins tank gameplay. People bail and and you don't get a kill. Back in BF2 and BC2 people would stay in their tanks at 10% health because they knew they still had a chance to dodge a shell or get away and repair. Disable is shit in MP games unless they're milsims.
Agree agree agree agree agree agree

Classic BF3.  Do something only Americas Army or ArmA would try, except in a game youre trying to sell to noobs.  Suppression, recoil, etc etc.  So many things in this game have been needlessly complicated by this kind of stuff.  It's why I prefer Bad Company 2 myself.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
Millions of people still bought it, the fuck do they care about your opinions.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
They don't give a shit Rukus, and that's the problem. The designers go to battlelog, hear the little immature idiots babbling away at not having all the kewl unlocks the higher skilled players or grinders have, and what do they do? Here's a kit you can buy with all the stuff already unlocked for you!

Each patch goes back and forth. People first complain this gun is too overpowered, so they nerf it and the next best gun becomes the OP one and that one gets nerfed. The cycle never ends because developers are retarded. If they sold so many millions of copies (13 from what I hear) then you've got it made and you don't have to listen to the mentally challenged anymore.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2012-09-07 21:02:15)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
actually they go to battlelog and see immature little kids like you bitching just like you do here and then look at the $ made and go back to doing what made the $ happen not trying to make a game that will not make anybody bitch and moan.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard