UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
I'm willing to bet my left nut, that DICE makes zero decisions on any of their titles.

Mod tools would be awesome, but knowing how the industry has been going lately. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

UnkleRukus wrote:

I'm willing to bet my left nut, that DICE makes zero decisions on any of their titles.
Yep.  I can just picture in my head all of their drawings of giant Zatar Wetlands style maps and then some EA schmuck comes through the door and says "nope, we're doing tunnels"
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
https://i.imgur.com/VkJgs.png

\o/
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Laika
+75|5914
bf3 pisses all over the grave of the once great battlefield series
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

Spearhead wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Yep.  I can just picture in my head all of their drawings of giant Zatar Wetlands style maps and then some EA schmuck comes through the door and says "nope, we're doing tunnels"
zatar was shit though.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

zatar was shit though.
It was one of the least played maps. I think only Clean Sweep got less time.

Larger maps usually require more time to make and ended up getting played much less. DICE is trying to sell games and not jack-off a small group of people who enjoy waiting for vehicles to respawn only to get killed by a TV missile before they come anywhere close to doing anything that normal people would consider fun.

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2012-06-03 13:52:26)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Have fun Teds
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
its has been removed
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

zatar was shit though.
It was one of the least played maps. I think only Clean Sweep got less time.

Larger maps usually require more time to make and ended up getting played much less. DICE is trying to sell games and not jack-off a small group of people who enjoy waiting for vehicles to respawn only to get killed by a TV missile before they come anywhere close to doing anything that normal people would consider fun.
which was entirely weird because OCS was an awesome map. really good dynamics

zatar was utter shit though, and was held up as a 'well bf2 did big maps aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa' example

m3thod wrote:

its has been removed
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

stupid EA took it down

It was a video of BF3 Premium + all the upcoming expansions, unlockable weapons and content.
Cisse
+63|4339
did it look good?
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

DSL, you are irrationally defensive of this game. All that hooah'ing has gotten to you! Snap out of it, man!

https://i.imgur.com/zhhtk.gif
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA

mtb0minime wrote:

DSL, you are irrationally defensive of this game. All that hooah'ing has gotten to you! Snap out of it, man!

Hooah!
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
I know Zatar was a shit map, but comparing it to Op Metro illuminates how far down the drain the franchise has become.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
Fuck off you bunch of bellends zatar was a great map,
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Fuck guys. Before BF3 came out I went back to BF2 for a week and got more pissed off at it than I thought I could at a game. Then I look back and remember that BF2 got me more pissed off than I'd ever been at anything. I've never been anywhere close to that pissed off at BF3, so I'm going to conclude that BF3 is better based on that.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6623

Fuck guys. Before BF3 came out I went back to BF2 for a week and got more pissed off at it than I thought I could at a game. Then I look back and remember that BF2 got me more pissed off than I'd ever been at anything. I've never been anywhere close to that pissed off at BF3, so I'm going to conclude that BF3 is better based on that.
I think you were the one earlier who made the comment that they shifted the focus of the game to be more favorable to a wider audience, basically meaning they were going to try to put a damper on players who are so good they will dominate. And that's very true...just see the suppression effect.

I guess I'm the complete opposite as you, because BF3 makes me rage like no FPS in memory. I can hardly finish a round at this point, so this patch needs to right some wrongs, and Armored Kill needs to deliver.

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2012-06-03 21:20:29)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

This is why I think BF3 is a worse game. I've never been angrier at a game than BF3. Maybe God of War 3, but I didn't play it as long, so the rage wasn't as long-lasting.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

mtb0minime wrote:

This is why I think BF3 is a worse game. I've never been angrier at a game than BF3. Maybe God of War 3, but I didn't play it as long, so the rage wasn't as long-lasting.
bf3 is more noobfriendly than bf2, conclusion: noob in bf2 =rage, noob in bf3= less rage and the other way around for "better/avrage" -players
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter
what is going on right now? A patch? why the stupid fucking conference or whatever is going on
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/05/bf … -announce/

> Fixed an issue where footsteps couldn’t be heard behind you.

thank god
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

I know many of you have already seen this, but it got taken down so here it is again

The worst part is that because of how pretty and photogenic BF3 is, it makes me actually want to go back and play and get this. It'd be foolish of me to forget my rage.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
"own"
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Observe the base vehicle in the list at 1:00 gentlemen.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/28748/A.jpg
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard