Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
that's a very grandiose statement to defend what is essentially your retreating capitulation there galt... typical exit manoevre

GOD IS DEAD AND WE HA-

PC GAMING IS DEAD!

Last edited by Uzique (2011-02-23 12:45:06)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
jmsprovan
+18|5813|Alba

Lucien wrote:

no jmsprovan, we're talking about older games. Did you notice how johngalt is terrible at them but still has a supposedly well-informed opinion? he's a silly goose
my post was in reference to the entire thread, not just the last few posts.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

MMO and RTS.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Uzique wrote:

that's a very grandiose statement to defend what is essentially your retreating capitulation there galt... typical exit manoevre
Zique, for someone that's had a very bad day arguing on bf2s you're sure still trying hard. When did I capitulate? I never said BF2 was terrible. I said I liked BC2 better.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

MMO and RTS.
Pretty much.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

JohnG@lt wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Zique, for someone that's had a very bad day arguing on bf2s you're sure still trying hard. When did I capitulate? I never said BF2 was terrible. I said I liked BC2 better.
maybe i should log in on my alt account to admit how stupid i am, hey?

actually no wait, i haven't said anything nearly as stupid as your usual daily input

fps elitists o/
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Uzique wrote:

maybe i should log in on my alt account to admit how stupid i am, hey?

actually no wait, i haven't said anything nearly as stupid as your usual daily input

fps elitists o/
Alt account because I was temp banned? Yeah, I did it for fun. Go fag up some other thread.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2011-02-23 12:56:51)

-Frederick Bastiat
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin

JohnG@lt wrote:

Here's what I do think was better about BF2:

64 player maps and map size in general
The number of maps that featured vehicles
The commander and destroyable assets
Weapons to the extent that BC2 had I think too much variety but too little differentiation.
Prone
More varied map styles

I never said the game sucked. I enjoyed the hundreds of hours I spent playing it. I just recognize that there was a lot of room for improvement and BC2 did a lot to build on it.
BC2 weapons in the first ps3 beta did have plenty of differentiation, too bad Dice decided to nerf the fuck out of guns and buff guns as well, destroyed the balance and made xm8 superior to the aug and m416 as far as rate of fire goes. I did favor giving the xm8 lmg variant and the mg36 the exact same stats though. Destroyable assets was fun but I've said before that squad leaders should replace commanders with some limitations to encourage getting more squads.

Last edited by War Man (2011-02-23 13:22:03)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
FAO people anonymous karma raging at me because I mentioned I played competitive BF2 in defense of being accused of badness

you're bad
you're butthurt
deal with it
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

LoL
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio
medic, karkand

meh
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
bad, player

yeh
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
11 Bravo
Banned
correct
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Lucien wrote:

FAO people anonymous karma raging at me because I mentioned I played competitive BF2 in defense of being accused of badness

you're bad
you're butthurt
deal with it
Whoa, it's been awhile since we've had anonymous karma rages like that.

We just don't get those anymore on these forums.

Last edited by Macbeth (2011-02-23 18:11:58)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4843|Amsterdam
repost much?
11 Bravo
Banned

Kampframmer wrote:

repost much?
GullyFoyle
+25|5388
It appears that zh1nt0 has confirmed that the four maps in the Return to Karkand expansion pack are going to be:  Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Sharqi Peninsula, and Wake Island.  Which of these is not like the others?

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2011-02-24 07:33:08)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Wake... Well who could have guessed
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

Macbeth wrote:

Lucien wrote:

you're bad
you're butthurt
deal with it

rofl i love how you tried to impersonate me giving a karma even though i don't use caps

what a sad fuck
11 Bravo
Banned
uncle varegg and his empty threats lol
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Uzique wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Lucien wrote:

you're bad
you're butthurt
deal with it

rofl i love how you tried to impersonate me giving a karma even though i don't use caps

what a sad fuck
I didn't karma anyone you dip shit. Ask a mod.
11 Bravo
Banned

Macbeth wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

what a sad fuck
I didn't karma anyone you dip shit. Ask a mod.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England

GullyFoyle wrote:

It appears that zh1nt0 has confirmed that the four maps in the Return to Karkand expansion pack are going to be:  Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Sharqi Peninsula, and Wake Island.  Which of these is not like the others?
If the BF universe had any continuity Wake Island ought to be a giant crater by now. But yeah, Wake on 1943 was fun. Expect the Airfield to be rendered useless pretty early on, if anyone has the brains and determination to keep bombarding it. Then again it depends on how it starts off, in 1943 nobody started on the airfield. Both started on carriers.

Gulf of Oman shouldn't play out too differently. The snipers on top of the tall hotel(?) should be easily taken care of if the entire building is destructible. Unless DICE decide to cheat and replace it with an indestructible under-construction building like they did for most of the big buildings in Bad Company...

Karkand and Sharqi should be massively different. The helicopters should cause some nice carnage on Sharqi. I hope they don't fuck around with the maps too much, just translate them to the new engine and add all the bells and whistles and see how different it is from BF2.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
Oh man Sharqi.

That's what I wanted.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard