jord
+2,382|6829|The North, beyond the wall.
its annoying when youre waiting for the jet and some mong runs over and you jsut know deep down hes probably going to get in the jet before you then fly around for ages doing nothing of improtance.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5410|foggy bottom
not as annoying as you
Tu Stultus Es
13/f/taiwan
+940|5850

steelie34 wrote:

=0_0= wrote:

If only someone could come up with an idea for a game, e.g a new Battlefield, and think: let's make the graphics like BF2 but a bit smoother, that way everyone could run it at ~1000fps, make proper raw mouse input with no lag, make the gameplay fast and responsive (no scope lag, no pointless slow animations, fast weapon switching), keep the huge size maps, and fit as many guns and vehicles as they can in it. Keep it nice and simple, with unbeatable gameplay.
problem is, it would be so popular people would never play anything else, and they wouldn't make any money.
I would pay $130(double what I payed for bf3) for a game like bf2.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6833|Disaster Free Zone
I'll sell you my copy of bf2 for $130. Comes with SF free.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
So the conclusion is... BF3 sucks balls and I made the correct decision to not purchase that turd, while all you suckers wasted your money?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6823|UK
correct
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5850

DrunkFace wrote:

So the conclusion is... BF3 sucks balls and I made the correct decision to not purchase that turd, while all you suckers wasted your money?
that's about right.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5905|Roma

DrunkFace wrote:

meh its not that bad.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Roc18
`
+655|5942|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
It's not a bad game jeez
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
Simple question. You have BF2 and BF3 sitting in front of you, Both have your favourite server setups/maps etc actively being played from the specific games with 1 spot left to fill. Which do you choose?

Disclaimer: If you're playing with friends then they can join you in either game.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5850
bf2
Roc18
`

DrunkFace wrote:

Simple question. You have BF2 and BF3 sitting in front of you, Both have your favourite server setups/maps etc actively being played from the specific games with 1 spot left to fill. Which do you choose?

Disclaimer: If you're playing with friends then they can join you in either game.
bf2 is the no brainer answer.

doesn't mean BF3 sucks that bad.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6810|BC, Canada
honestly, BF3. Your question is a simple as clicking an icon on a desktop. Would not have stopped playing bf2 if I did not tire of it.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5905|Roma

DrunkFace wrote:

I stopped playing bf2 a long time ago.
I enjoy the infantry combat in bf3, i enjoy the tank combat in bf3 and i enjoy heli combat in bf3.
None of them are perfect, i know. But none of them were perfect in bf2.
jsnipy
+3,276|6674|...

I remember bitching going from DC mod to BF2 as well.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
If it's such a no brainer. Then EA/DICE have managed to make a game which is not even as good as one made 6-7 years ago, and not just for its time, but also for being a direct competitor. With all it's bugs, imbalances, flaws, glitches, 7 year old graphics and the removal of the novelty factor as well. That's is quite and accomplishment, and not in a good way.

It also means everyone who agrees with you (and I suspect a vast majority of BF2 players would), have wasted their money to get something inferior to what they already owned or could have purchased for a fraction of the price. It's not dissimilar to owning a 2005 BMW and going, you know what I think I'll trade that in for a 2011 KIA cause you know they're really not 'that' bad.

But that's all in the past, Now what you should be doing, is stopping playing BF3, uninstalling it, and origin, closing down the servers reinstalling BF2, downloading your favourite mods, repopulating the few existing bf2 servers and hiring more as they fill and send EA/DICE a message that their current gaming direction is not where you feel it should be, but to look back to their roots of 2005 to the last decent game they produced, with the implicit arguement that any future games that are not up to scratch will not see one cent of your money.

If you keep accepting mediocrity and spending money on shit they that's all you will ever get in the future. If you keep claiming 'it doesn't suck that much' you will never ever get something that really doesn't suck. If companies like EA and Activision can put out cookie cutter shit every years and make millions of dollars profit what incentive have they got to make anything else?
Roc18
`
Battlefield 3 is a good game, Battlefield 2 left big shoes to fill and anyone expecting a 10/10 game would be disappointed. I appreciate Battlefield 3 for what it brings to the table not what I was expecting it to be.

I did the same for Bad Company 2

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-12-17 15:35:11)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6622
bf3 isn't really a good game though, is it? it barely even supports competitive play.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6893|FUCK UBISOFT

bad company 2 was probably the worst multiplayer shooter i have ever played.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
Well that's where we disagree, I don't think it's a good game. It's a average game dressed up in a pretty frock. And that pretty frock is blindingly obnoxious when ever you try to focus on the details.
Roc18
`
Can't find any infantry only servers rotating 32 man Seine, Metro, Bazaar, Sharqi and Karkand or anything even close to that lol. Most of the IO servers are only back to karkand map rotations.
gurdeep
­
+812|4906|proll­y

Roc18 wrote:

Can't find any infantry only servers rotating 32 man Seine, Metro, Bazaar, Sharqi and Karkand or anything even close to that lol. Most of the IO servers are only back to karkand map rotations.
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me. lets tank whore on laguna seca or w/e its called
Roc18
`
I'd rather tank whore on BF3 man lol, I don't feel like playing BC2.

Bout to play BF3 right now anyways.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5905|Roma

DrunkFace wrote:

If it's such a no brainer. Then EA/DICE have managed to make a game which is not even as good as one made 6-7 years ago, and not just for its time, but also for being a direct competitor. With all it's bugs, imbalances, flaws, glitches, 7 year old graphics and the removal of the novelty factor as well. That's is quite and accomplishment, and not in a good way.

It also means everyone who agrees with you (and I suspect a vast majority of BF2 players would), have wasted their money to get something inferior to what they already owned or could have purchased for a fraction of the price. It's not dissimilar to owning a 2005 BMW and going, you know what I think I'll trade that in for a 2011 KIA cause you know they're really not 'that' bad.

But that's all in the past, Now what you should be doing, is stopping playing BF3, uninstalling it, and origin, closing down the servers reinstalling BF2, downloading your favourite mods, repopulating the few existing bf2 servers and hiring more as they fill and send EA/DICE a message that their current gaming direction is not where you feel it should be, but to look back to their roots of 2005 to the last decent game they produced, with the implicit arguement that any future games that are not up to scratch will not see one cent of your money.

If you keep accepting mediocrity and spending money on shit they that's all you will ever get in the future. If you keep claiming 'it doesn't suck that much' you will never ever get something that really doesn't suck. If companies like EA and Activision can put out cookie cutter shit every years and make millions of dollars profit what incentive have they got to make anything else?
Uhmm....no?
I spent the money for bf3, i like it and i'm gonna keep playing it.
The main reason i might go back to bf2 is just to have some nice rounds on Pr, but thats about it.
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others have to uninstall it and bitch about it everyday.
We fucking know all of you hate the game, bitching about it everyday in every single post won't change anything.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2011-12-17 16:21:47)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6918|UK
Indeed. If you don't have the game and don't care for the game. Go elsewhere.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard