https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6687|Canberra, AUS

Finray wrote:

Gotta love the ignore feature

there's an ignore feature?

why have i not heard of this?!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
iceman785
+93|6685|Alaska, mother fucker.
1942 was the shit.  We should organize a bf2s 1942 night
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5521|America
What do you guys think of the LMG bipod feature? I think it's pretty leet, although it does increase camping tendency in some players.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5486|Ventura, California
I love it! The first time I had a similar feature was in Call of Duty World at War, but those freaking retards removed it from from PC as being deployable on the ground and made it only for window sills and other lame objects because of a console related issue. The LMGs were amazing on bipods in that game as they are in this one.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6452|Brisbane, Australia

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

but we all know the dlcs are just gonna be a few maps and camos.
i really hope they make dlcs with more weapons, like back to karkand.
i really hope they don't and rather invest that time in making a decent bf.
Will never happen, have to let it go.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6355
I´d love to see 2143. I wonder why they never revisited an objective based game mode like Titan or the one where you could cap the enemy homebase once you held all other CP´s (forgot what it was called).
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
TimmmmaaaaH

In regard to Titan, because they could never manage to make it lag free. I am convinced DICE has some kind of split teams or something because they manage to make pretty decent game engines etc then cant manage to fix anything at all later on.

Titan mode was so much better than conquest but when they changed it so the titans couldnt move it really limited the game mode.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6298|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

In regard to Titan, because they could never manage to make it lag free. I am convinced DICE has some kind of split teams or something because they manage to make pretty decent game engines etc then cant manage to fix anything at all later on.

Titan mode was so much better than conquest but when they changed it so the titans couldnt move it really limited the game mode.
They nerfed titans and drop pods so hard that they were eventually useless
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6778|UK
The only issue with titan was the titans layout, the last corridors were too linear.
FloppY_
­

Vilham wrote:

The only issue with titan was the titans layout, the last corridors were too linear.
Yeah it was a massive spamfest on both ends to fight through when you had taken out 2 or 3 of them, making all the defenders camp the same hallway rather than spread out in 4...

But it was ok, because it was a balance exercise on how many people you need defending the titan vs how many you can afford to send ground-side to defend/capture missile silos vs how many you could send to the enemy titan...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6483
the only time i ever played on the titans was when i glitched into the side of them and rained down frag-bullet death on all the noobs in the chokepoints. i really don't get why people romanticize 2142... it felt so buggy and heavy, like your character was laden with giant helium balloons trying to get around the map on rollerskates. the shooting was shit (kneel and hold mouse1 as support? um ok) and most of the unlocks were dumb sci-fi novelties. interesting concept but the game was meh.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
thepilot91
+64|6248|Åland!

Uzique wrote:

the only time i ever played on the titans was when i glitched into the side of them and rained down frag-bullet death on all the noobs in the chokepoints. i really don't get why people romanticize 2142... it felt so buggy and heavy, like your character was laden with giant helium balloons trying to get around the map on rollerskates. the shooting was shit (kneel and hold mouse1 as support? um ok) and most of the unlocks were dumb sci-fi novelties. interesting concept but the game was meh.
agreed , as soon as titan gitching wasn't possible in any way I stopped playing
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5048|Massachusetts, USA
It was fun, but it wasn't BF2 fun.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6821|Marathon, Florida Keys
Don't know why theres so many people posting their scores already. Wait a month so all those noobs you mow down have a good feel of the game and can actually fight back. Until then STFU unless you go 50-0. Actually no i used to 50-0 everyday when bf2 was 3 years old so make it 100-0.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6705

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Don't know why theres so many people posting their scores already. Wait a month so all those noobs you mow down have a good feel of the game and can actually fight back. Until then STFU unless you go 50-0. Actually no i used to 50-0 everyday when bf2 was 3 years old so make it 100-0.
scsb
TimmmmaaaaH

I played far more 2142 than BF2 and liked the "sci fi novelties".  FAN THANThen again I am much more of a sci fi fan than a war/modern combat fan so maybe that is why. I also never played BF2 (or any game for that matter) competitively so maybe that is why I didnt have such a religious experience playing it.
FloppY_
­

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

I played far more 2142 than BF2 and liked the "sci fi novelties".  FAN THANThen again I am much more of a sci fi fan than a war/modern combat fan so maybe that is why. I also never played BF2 (or any game for that matter) competitively so maybe that is why I didnt have such a religious experience playing it.
I feel similarly Timmah, I bought 2142 first, didn't get BF2 untill I bought the complete edition after growing bored of 2142, which took quite some time...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-10 07:12:47)

jsnipy
+3,276|6534|...

floppy you have bf3 yet?
FloppY_
­

jsnipy wrote:

floppy you have bf3 yet?
Take a guess?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6483
it was a very average game, and the gunplay felt really laboured and heavy. not very responsive.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6509

FloppY_ wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

floppy you have bf3 yet?
Take a guess?
i'm guessing no?
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5696|SQUID
Choppers are pointless if theres an Tunguska around.
Christbane
+51|6247
with more people having tv missiles mobile AA is becoming less effective. and now that I stopped trying to make use of the lousy AGM and switched to rockets I can take them out with a jet from a safer distance
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5696|SQUID

Christbane wrote:

with more people having tv missiles mobile AA is becoming less effective. and now that I stopped trying to make use of the lousy AGM and switched to rockets I can take them out with a jet from a safer distance
Jets are not choppers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard