GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6365
BF: Heroes
BF: 1943
BF:BC2

BF:3

Hello, milking cow in progress. Just scratch those games and put your "body and soulz" into BF3.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6687|Devon, England
I wonder if BF2s will stay the same... BF3s seems like a logical step forward, but it doesn't look right.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6781|Anaheim, CA

^ trackr.net . . .
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6431
What's there to look at? All we have is "are you making bf3?" "yes"
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5493|England

GuliblGuy wrote:

^ trackr.net . . .
sucks
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5607|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

GuliblGuy wrote:

^ trackr.net . . .
hell no

trackr.net = fail
aimless
+166|6121|Texas
It's probably gonna end up just like cod 4 or 5 or whatever number it's on now. Shitty gameplay that awards every player with "skill."
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6641

aimless wrote:

It's probably gonna end up just like cod 4 or 5 or whatever number it's on now. Shitty gameplay that awards every player with "skill."
I hope not it better be awsm lol
nickb64

aimless wrote:

i'll kill 'em if that's what happens

I kid
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6663

Sambuccashake wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Sambuccashake wrote:

Finally!!!!

They tested and learned a looot of good stuff from 2142 so I'm quite certain that BF3 will be the FPS that will rule all!
2142 is fucking shite?
Balance is superior
Med packs and ammo packs work like they should
APM's work in a good way
No über powerful vehicles
Squad play makes you rank up faster

I believe they made a lot of progress that should be introduced in BF3.
I wasn't too keen on leveling for advanced equipments like remote vehicle repairs though.   Fully leveled player profiles had a significant advantage over low level profiles in 2142.
nickb64

Ilocano wrote:

Sambuccashake wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

2142 is fucking shite?
Balance is superior
Med packs and ammo packs work like they should
APM's work in a good way
No über powerful vehicles
Squad play makes you rank up faster

I believe they made a lot of progress that should be introduced in BF3.
I wasn't too keen on leveling for advanced equipments like remote vehicle repairs though.   Fully leveled player profiles had a significant advantage over low level profiles in 2142.
That is what it would really be like, sort of.

I agree with your point though, as I just started 2142 last year. I pretty much gave up after a couple ranks, as I just died constantly from people in high rank.

Some perks are good, but not huge disadvantages for the low ranks, or you will lose some players who come in late and keep the game alive longer.

Last edited by nickb64 (2009-06-11 16:53:12)

Longbow
+163|6643|Odessa, Ukraine

nickb64 wrote:

I agree with your point though, as I just started 2142 last year. I pretty much gave up after a couple ranks, as I just died constantly from people in high rank.

Some perks are good, but not huge disadvantages for the low ranks, or you will lose some players who come in late and keep the game alive longer.
You need only a few unlocks to dominate in 2142 infantry combat. More likely you constatly died from people with high rank not because of unlocks, but because you prone spammed too much. 2142 punishes prone spammers, severely.
nickb64

Longbow wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

You need only a few unlocks to dominate in 2142 infantry combat. More likely you constatly died from people with high rank not because of unlocks, but because you prone spammed too much. 2142 punishes prone spammers, severely.
I never prone, only crouch, I learned that in my first 10 minutes.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6339|California

PrivateVendetta wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

It better fucking be modern day. Like actually modern day. Not where everyone is just using M4's and Mp7's. I want something like PoE except even more modern. At the very least: Mobile artillery, mortars maybe, new vehicles, a way larger assortment of weapons/items-something like 2142 would be great- and just up-to-date everything. Not up-to-date as in 5+ years ago. Maybe they should start watching futureweapons, some of the older episodes that has things that have been deployed.

Some of these would just be

The osprey (helicopter plane) would be fantastic. It's modern day, been deployed, has a modern day 2142 feel (attack ship).
A lot of the stuff is modern day, they still use M16's in Iraq, the F35 is only just coming out of production, same with the J10.
There a lot more modern weapons that are being used. But mortars, which we do use, are not even close to new technology yet they don't have them. Mobile artillery is old enough to have been implemented. Some different vehicles will be great.
Reciprocity
+721|6577|the dank(super) side of Oregon
gimme my attack chopper and sniper rifle and i'll be a happy camper. 

i do enjoy the anticipation of a great game.  those months, and sometimes years of patiently waiting, accumulating scraps of information, studying and interpreting every screen shot, every developer interview.  Makes me feel like a kid again.
Longbow

nickb64 wrote:

I never prone, only crouch, I learned that in my first 10 minutes.
Then I dont understand whats your problem. Since I learned 2142 first lesson NEVER GO PRONE IN CQB, I began to own people. Even though I havent RK74 unlocked yet, I picked up enemies or teammates kits. After I unlocked mine I was pretty much stocked. All you need is general player unlocks (6) and 3 unlocks on Baur tree branch (for owning infy) and possibly squad leader beacon, if you squad lead often. 10 unlocks are hard to obtain?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Reciprocity wrote:

gimme my attack chopper and sniper rifle and i'll be a happy camper. 

i do enjoy the anticipation of a great game.  those months, and sometimes years of patiently waiting, accumulating scraps of information, studying and interpreting every screen shot, every developer interview.  Makes me feel like a kid again.
dude...go outside
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6190|Schofield Barracks

mtb0minime wrote:

As long as it takes place in modern times like BF2, and improves on some stuff, I'm looking forward to it.
Ioan92
+337|5718

FFLink13 wrote:

I wonder if BF2s will stay the same... BF3s seems like a logical step forward, but it doesn't look right.
HOLY SHIT BF3s.com

/win
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6517|Polish state of EU

Ioan92 wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

HOLY SHIT BF3s.com

/win
we are running out of time, somebody must make bf43s.com until ~September asap!
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6339|California
I honestly think that DICE would benefit exponentially by 'hiring' people from say..the Sir Community. That way they would have a direct link to real players and the actual community views while having people that understand the build of the game very well and offer a different PoV of the game, a community view. They already made a good step in this direction by the Sirs' Wake Island 2142.
Longbow

xBlackPantherx wrote:

I honestly think that DICE would benefit exponentially by 'hiring' people from say..the Sir Community. That way they would have a direct link to real players and the actual community views while having people that understand the build of the game very well and offer a different PoV of the game, a community view. They already made a good step in this direction by the Sirs' Wake Island 2142.
Keep your Sir's Community off my Battlefield games please. Wake Island 2142 is piece of crap (well not as bad as Shingle, but still no match for official maps).
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

xBlackPantherx wrote:

They did that when they made BF2. The guys who created the Desert Combat mod for 1942 were brought in for BF2.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6619|EU

By the time its out I will have such crappy connection that I will be glad for ability to check my email once a week.

Anyway, more I would love to see same old BF2 just on newest engine. I hope they stick to their concept of large MP maps with not as that shitty CoD way.
Chorcai
+49|6644|Ireland

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

Chorcai wrote:

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

You know, if DICE guys had the same point of view as you, they would do only console games, where nobodys whinning and there is no piracy...
I agree with both of ye.
He lives on.
eh ? Who lives where ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard