Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5954

Uzique wrote:

Nic wrote:

Its the whole uber-cool cynic in the both of you.
nope, sorry. nothing about 'uber coolness' here. i come to bf2s because it's (supposedly) full of dedicated battlefield players, to talk about the new battlefield game. well, talking about bf3 from the perspective of someone that played bf2 hardcore, to people that i assume are at least 'enthusiasts' for the series... it's a disappointment. but then again i thought bc2 was probably the worst fps game to come out in the last generation of eye-candy game vacuums. bf3 is NOT the long-awaited sequel of bf2. that's it as far as i'm concerned. will it give 100 hours of play, whilst you rank through the pointlessly intricate ranking/unlocks system? of course. will you ever reach a rank or weapon unlock at which point the game starts to provide the quality and experience of bf2, or any previous generation fps game? nope. you just keep spinning that wheel though and chasing that carrot. maybe when you get to max rank and unlock all weapons, badges and awards, it'll finally start to feel fun and enjoyable. that's what happened with bad company 2 on pc, right? lol.
'I thought bc2 was probably the worst fps game to come out in the last generation'.

Why are all of your arguments always based at one extreme of the spectrum?

With you, it's never 'The game isn't great' 'The game is okay'.

Instead it's always 'This game is fucking terrible, it's the worst thing since aids'.

I'd understand if there was some factual evidence behind your arguments, but instead there isn't. It's just some angry guy who feels that everyone needs to here his crazy critical view on every game ever released.

You're like the guy from Zero Punctuation, just less coherent and with no tongue-in-cheek value to what you are saying, (That said, you could be a decent guy in RL).

I think you might need to take a break from gaming, it's clearly causing you far too much stress and anger.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6149|'straya
inb4 ~5 pages of Uzique vs bf2s.
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5954

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

inb4 ~5 pages of Uzique vs bf2s.
Fuck that, lets get it back on track.

What are the other maps like?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

it's just that bc2 was fucking terrible and the worst thing since aids.

it's funny when anyone in here looks back at good games, the console generation in this thread is like "jeez guys you cant want that, that's not how games are made anymore, adapt to the future or go back to playing bf2 you whining faggots"

Sure you might enjoy the lack of depth in the game but why can't we critisize what a load of shit the fps genre has become? Why so defensive? For casuals the new generation of fps games might be cool as fuck but critically speaking the games are terribly designed and you can't really comment on that unless you have a competitive background and understanding of games.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2011-10-25 04:50:59)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5954

DUnlimited wrote:

it's just that bc2 was fucking terrible and the worst thing since aids.

it's funny when anyone in here looks back at good games, the console generation in this thread is like "jeez guys you cant want that, that's not how games are made anymore, adapt to the future or go back to playing bf2 you whining faggots"

Sure you might enjoy the lack of depth in the game but why can't we critisize what a load of shit the fps genre has become? Why so defensive?
Don't get me wrong, FPS games these days are made for a generation with an attention span of a gnat, but, if you can't appreciate the hard work and the quality of what is being released these days, then you are an idiot.

You're also forgetting that gaming has become so popular it's hard for devs to create an entirely original and compelling game. They have to keep changing the style of game play to make a new title - that is already treading on familiar ground - feel fresh and new.

Do you really want to be playing BF2 with nothing more than improved graphics?

And one more thing, BC2 wasn't 'fucking terrible'.

Last edited by Pure_Beef_68 (2011-10-25 05:09:02)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
I haven't played it yet but based on some youtube videos I conclude its too mainstream.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DUnlimited
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

the "DO YOU REALLY ONLY WANT A BF2 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS" argument is so overused and terrible. That is not wht I want, I want a game that is as good as BF2. I do not want a shitty console port.

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, FPS games these days are made for a generation with an attention span of a gnat, but, if you can't appreciate the hard work and the quality of what is being released these days, then you are an idiot.
"I understand games there days are bad but you are an idiot if you say it aloud"

?
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5685|SQUID
BC2 was what it was, easy and over the top. While I didn't enjoy it as much as other games, it's still enjoyable and has held my interest for a few hundred hours.

Most people who think games are awful are just buttmad because they don't do well in them.

Last edited by The A W S M F O X (2011-10-25 05:28:10)

DUnlimited
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Most people who think games are awful are just buttmad because they don't do well in them.
it's usually the people that are terribad at gaming that like new fps games.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5685|SQUID

DUnlimited wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

The vicious cycle begins.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
Well, after a couple hours playin, I like it. movement is far smoother than BC2. Feels great to me, Vehicles are far more fun to use too. Buggy road kills on Caspian are

In the end haters gonna hate. Uzi just needs to hate on it cause thats what he does. If he hadda found it years ago, it woulda been awsm to him. Hes so hipster brain washed its almost not funny. To each their own though.

As far as I'm concerned, those who want the 400 hours for a fucking jpeg tank medal are more than a little fucked in the head. (seems like the wanna be like good ol'SBennetIII.

Last edited by Nic (2011-10-25 05:49:24)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

The A W S M F O X wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

The vicious cycle begins continues . . .
fixt
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Nic wrote:

Its the whole uber-cool cynic in the both of you.
nope, sorry. nothing about 'uber coolness' here. i come to bf2s because it's (supposedly) full of dedicated battlefield players, to talk about the new battlefield game. well, talking about bf3 from the perspective of someone that played bf2 hardcore, to people that i assume are at least 'enthusiasts' for the series... it's a disappointment. but then again i thought bc2 was probably the worst fps game to come out in the last generation of eye-candy game vacuums. bf3 is NOT the long-awaited sequel of bf2. that's it as far as i'm concerned. will it give 100 hours of play, whilst you rank through the pointlessly intricate ranking/unlocks system? of course. will you ever reach a rank or weapon unlock at which point the game starts to provide the quality and experience of bf2, or any previous generation fps game? nope. you just keep spinning that wheel though and chasing that carrot. maybe when you get to max rank and unlock all weapons, badges and awards, it'll finally start to feel fun and enjoyable. that's what happened with bad company 2 on pc, right? lol.
I think you might need to take a break from gaming, it's clearly causing you far too much stress and anger.
a break? i've barely played a game in the last 12 months. my life is fine and i'm perfectly content and happy, engaged elsewhere with other more pressing (and entertaining, natch) business. reviewing a game with a harsh and honest critical eye is tantamout to being "stressed and angry"? geez, i guess everyone that rated the last transformers movies as one of the worst hollywood explosion-fests of all time were just SO angry that they went out and beat up the disabled and homeless. right? no. i can have a bad opinion of a game without it ruining my day. retarded logic.

and i'm sorry that a game being "okay" isn't enough. i'm sorry for having the unreal and silly expectations that - oh, you know - as computer and gaming technology advances ever onwards, so should the games themselves. i'm sorry for not being so forgiving and passing over about the fact that games released today, in 2012, with photorealistic graphics, physics engines and maps bigger than hurricane's list of life complaints have gameplay inherently worse than games released 10 years ago. i'm sorry for not joining in with the cheering fanboy fanfare because i can't swallow the sour pill i've been given in the fact that battlefield 3 has worse gameplay and shooting mechanics than battlefield:vietnam. i'm sorry that the new jawdropping frostbite 2 engine and directx 11 graphics fail to impress me enough to get over that deflated feeling that, somehow, games like call of duty 1 made on ridiculously simpler engines were just so much better for the player.

i guess i'm just a scrooge. that or you're an attention deficit baby.

Last edited by Uzique (2011-10-25 06:44:46)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

The A W S M F O X wrote:

BC2 was what it was, easy and over the top. While I didn't enjoy it as much as other games, it's still enjoyable and has held my interest for a few hundred hours.

i've played pretty much ever major fps game for either a LAN-winning or top-league ranked team. i can do well in games. the problem isn't me. the problem is the games released nowadays have nothing to do well in. there is no skill or learning curve to the gameplay. it's just an experience of having your hand held whilst you orgasm over increasing tiers of unlockable weaponry and meaningless ranks. after that: the boring vacuum.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

you*re in engaged? Congratulations, Uzique!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

Nic wrote:

Well, after a couple hours playin, I like it. movement is far smoother than BC2. Feels great to me, Vehicles are far more fun to use too. Buggy road kills on Caspian are

In the end haters gonna hate. Uzi just needs to hate on it cause thats what he does. If he hadda found it years ago, it woulda been awsm to him. Hes so hipster brain washed its almost not funny. To each their own though.

As far as I'm concerned, those who want the 400 hours for a fucking jpeg tank medal are more than a little fucked in the head. (seems like the wanna be like good ol'SBennetIII.
how are you so fucking puerile that you think my criticism is borne out of the fact that the game is "mainstream" and "too popular"? who cares! the difference is 5 years ago a game became popular with pc gamers because it was great-- and that was great for everybody, me included. many more players, many more teams, much more active leagues, much more fun and a much bigger community to participate in. why would you even think for a minute that my grumbles come from the fact that lots of people are playing battlefield 3? i acknowledged already that it will be a (financial) success and will be popular in months to come. but why is that? not because it is a game of the same calibre or quality as previous-generation's games, that's for sure. because, as pure beef phrased earlier, people are now focussed on "appreciating the hard-work that went into it", i.e. the pretty graphics, the nice sound, the neat weapons; the novelties and spectacles, in other words. and as i said, the spectacle of impressive graphics and immersive sound wears thin when you get to that 100 hour mark and realize the gameplay is vacuous.

Last edited by Uzique (2011-10-25 06:52:40)

UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5036|Massachusetts, USA
Why do you care so much, why can't you just play games just to have fun with them.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
writing 4 posts with my honest impressions of the game is not "caring". i'm not carving 'bf3 sux!' into my arm with a penknife whilst crying all of my mascara out. fucksake's get real and get a real argument.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5685|SQUID

UnkleRukus wrote:

Why do you care so much, why can't you just play games just to have fun with them.
The catch cry of scubs all over.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!

Uzique wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

i've played pretty much ever major fps game for either a LAN-winning or top-league ranked team. i can do well in games. the problem isn't me. the problem is the games released nowadays have nothing to do well in. there is no skill or learning curve to the gameplay. it's just an experience of having your hand held whilst you orgasm over increasing tiers of unlockable weaponry and meaningless ranks. after that: the boring vacuum.
this, pretty much
UnkleRukus
That Guy

Uzique wrote:

writing 4 posts with my honest impressions of the game is not "caring". i'm not carving 'bf3 sux!' into my arm with a penknife whilst crying all of my mascara out. fucksake's get real and get a real argument.
If you don't care, then why are you spending the time to write out these arguments?

It just doesn't make sense that someone who allegedly threw off the shackles of BF2S months ago would come back just to give us his opinion on a game he's not going to play at all. All the while you're preaching how bad it is going to be and how bad the state of gaming has been in the past few years (which I'm inclined to agree with in some areas.)

To me, and a lot of other people. That tells us you do care, a little too much.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney
This just came up in my BF2s newsfeed (live). Is there something going on? I'm just a bit bored is all.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5685|SQUID
Yeah man, Uzique is coming out of the closet.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6810|Marathon, Florida Keys
i hate uzique a lot less than i did before. fuckin unbelievable lol.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
UnkleRukus
That Guy
No one likes a bunch of crybabies.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard