Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

GullyFoyle wrote:

Man, debating theme songs.  The conversation in here is getting stale.

How about some new stuff to talk about?

battlefieldo.com - NVIDIA LAN 6 PODCAST RECAP + VIDEO

Battlefieldo Live Podcast - NVIDIA LAN - October 15th, 2011
Today we hosted our first real podcast with [20ID]Daskro + Friends and DCRUColin. Both of these guys are at the Nvidia Geforce LAN 6 this weekend where Battlefield 3 is playable with 5 maps, Operation Firestorm, Grand Bazaar, Damavand Peaks, Operation Metro and Caspian Border. The podcast lasted around an hour and give some amazing insights to what we can expect to see in under two weeks for the Final release of Battlefield 3. Here are the key points.

Hit Registration Improved

The server at the Nvidia LAN was setup in Los Angeles, 5 hours away from the event. The hit registration and net code have been fixed from the beta. Now you will be able to know exactly when and where you are getting shot from rather then falling and thinking you got “one shotted” like in the Open Beta.

Tons of Vehicles

Operation Firestorm (The desert Oil field map) is much larger then Caspian Border. Each team gets 6 Main Battle Tanks at start + the ones from spawn points. This map has diversity of two story factory buildings with 500m or more between control points on conquest mode. This map is vehicle focus rather then infantry. We personally can’t wait to roll with our friends in a 6 M1-Abrams deep armor column.

Mini / Full map is back

The full blown mini-map is back like the original battlefield, when you open up you can see your teammates as well as spotted enemies

Mortar for kicking Ass

Many have wondered what the Mortar unlock would be like. When you mount it, the minimap appears with a crosshair of where to drop your mortar round down on. This is a sign that DICE will probably implement more artillery items in the future.

3D Spotting is Tweaked

Now the 3D Spotting works properly. You will lose track of your enemies when they got out of view be it in a bush or around a corner.

Manage your Squad

Squad Management is back with up to 8 Squads. In this build the commorose wasn’t enabled so you were forced to use Q (spotting key) to place squad orders. Our guess is once commorose is implemented, a squad order system much like battlefield 2 will be brought back.

If you hated the Beta, all has changed

From what we’ve heard from everyone at the NVIDIA LAN event, this build is very polished and has made those with doubts really quite excited for Battlefield 3. It really looks like this game is the true sequel we are waiting for. Thanks to DICE for working so hard on this to get it in our hands in just under 2 weeks. We will be sure to keep you posted if we learn any more details on teh conquest version of Damavand Peaks. We know you are all eager to hear about that base jumping segment!
==================================================

Off-screen footage from Geforce Lan 6 of Damavand Peak

GeforceLan 6 Keynote footage.  See Repii in the flesh, and some Operation Firestorm Footage.

==================================================

Battlefieldo.com - ORIGIN ID CHANGER FOR WINDOWS

A couple of days ago we reported about a User on Reddit, who found a way to actually change your Origin ID through the EA Scrabble Game for iOS or Android Systems. A lot of people still don’t have such a Smartphone, so another User on Reddit wrote a small Application you can use on your Windows PC to change your Origin ID. Before you say “why should i put my password in some application someone wrote on the internet”, we can assure you, it won’t steal your password or Account Data. The application itself uses the EA Android API to send the commands to change your Origin ID. The Author was also kind enough to release the Source code of this tool. So if you still have concerns using it, you can check the source and just compile it yourself.

Download Origin ID Windows Changer
https://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/obama-not-bad-l.png

Hopefully they also fix the inaccurate machine gun on the armor and lower the vehicle disable penalty from 50%. to something reasonable like 25% at most.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-10-16 11:59:06)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
this makes me happy.

i guess the console versions will still "look" like the beta wrt commrose, minimap etc
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/294100_10150356100079250_239659089249_8045061_57026435_n.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

AussieReaper wrote:

Time to light a match, sit back and see how WW3 unfolds in your local community

EDIT: WTF is up with the jewelcases?

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-10-16 16:50:39)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
Guess they're done.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California
It's going to suck to have bad graphics on the 360.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

Superior Mind wrote:

Guess they're done.
haha oldschool

edit: referring to the jewel cases... for some reason the edit didn't get quoted

Last edited by Spark (2011-10-16 17:02:21)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
??
FloppY_
­

AussieReaper wrote:

No seriously guys, what's up with the jewelcases?

I haven't seen software sold in those since before '95

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-10-16 17:04:36)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN

FloppY_ wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Maybe its an OST?
FloppY_
­

Naturn wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Maybe its an OST?
It says "PC-DVD"

EDIT: And it has a "rated-16" stamp...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-10-16 17:03:53)

NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6342|Atlanta, Georgia
I confirm that the ID changer for origin works. I was skeptical but it did indeed change the ID.

*Nexus Seal Of Approval"
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
Probably won't even get to play this game for a good year or so. Refuse to play it on the 360 and won't have a capable desktop PC for at least a year.

Oh well.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Poseidon wrote:

Probably won't even get to play this game for a good year or so. Refuse to play it on the 360 and won't have a capable desktop PC for at least a year.

Oh well.
PS3.
Roc18
`
>Playing Battlefield games on consoles

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
doing it

and using XIM3 to absolutely pwn
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

-Sh1fty- wrote:

doing it

and using XIM3 AUTOAIM to absolutely pwn
ftfy
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
troll harder

m&k FTW
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

-Sh1fty- wrote:

troll harder

m&k FTW
Consoles have autoaim to compensate lack of mouse controls.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6156|Vancouver | Canada
And cause console players are bad in general.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

AussieReaper wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

troll harder

m&k FTW
Consoles have autoaim to compensate lack of mouse controls.
They still don't compensate enough. That's why microsoft stopped trying to make games cross-platform multiplayer. PCs owned consoles. Microsoft used the term "Dominated."
gurdeep
­
+812|4755|proll­y
yo i heard this bf3 game was #LEGIT

Spoiler (highlight to read):
prolly
Roc18
`

gurdeep wrote:

yo i heard this bf3 game was #LEGIT

Spoiler (highlight to read):
prolly
It's Bad Company 3 at best. Not anything like what BF2 was. But i'll play it when it comes out in 8 days.
gurdeep
­
+812|4755|proll­y
i guess im going home for christmas so i might try it then. prolly tho?
Roc18
`

gurdeep wrote:

i guess im going home for christmas so i might try it then. prolly tho?
Prahlly lol. You'll see well rounded opinions by the first week of release. So you can decide for yourself.

But right now if the full game is anything like my experience with the beta I ain't playing it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard