jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

aerodynamic wrote:

jord wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

jezus its a new game, get over the whole "omg, bf3 is not a copy of bf2 thing".
he's saying it isnt as good as bf2, not that it isnt a copy of bf2. there are many ways to improve on bf2 and make a truly awesome game, and they've yet to do them.

What he's saying is valid, bf3 is playable, enjoyable somewhat, but that feeling I had when i first played bf2 isn't there. it's just not that... special.
People should base on the final product, not on a beta.
That is what pisses me off.
It's not like they're going to change the myriad of mistakes they've made for the release version. Lets say there's 10 things wrong with bf3 (a nice round number, I'm sure there's more). They're not going to change all 10, they might change 2 if we're lucky.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5754|Roma

twoblacklines wrote:

BF3 should be an exact replica of BF2 with 2011 graphics, animation, special effects, etc.

Instead we get good graphics, shoddy gameplay, they have made flying harder and jerky!
So a game with shiny graphics, animation, special effects with horrible hit reg, nade spam, horrible deviation, balancing issues and so forth?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6624|EU

As Mike<Eagle> wrote me today on xfire, we should start playing BC2 (not BF2) again to get into form when BF3 comes out... and we really did But it wasn't as it used to - we were three BF2sers in a squad, but no VOIP, no coordination, no SL pushing towards, almost no teamplay, just "playing" a game. Now I have to install TS again.
Racoon_Flyer
+10|5935|Cambridge, UK
I don't want BF2 re-done, I want another great Battlefield game that I can play for another few hundred hours. BF3 just isn't there yet, there is so much potential to be had which makes it such a shame. Maybe Dice will give us a completely different game to what I have played in the beta? But I don't think so, but I do hope they prove me wrong and give us a brilliant game.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6624|EU

Racoon_Flyer wrote:

I don't want BF2 re-done, I want another great Battlefield game that I can play for another few hundred hours. BF3 just isn't there yet, there is so much potential to be had which makes it such a shame. Maybe Dice will give us a completely different game to what I have played in the beta? But I don't think so, but I do hope they prove me wrong and give us a brilliant game.
you can buy me a beer if when they prove you wrong
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

aerodynamic wrote:

twoblacklines wrote:

BF3 should be an exact replica of BF2 with 2011 graphics, animation, special effects, etc.

Instead we get good graphics, shoddy gameplay, they have made flying harder and jerky!
So a game with shiny graphics, animation, special effects with horrible hit reg, nade spam, horrible deviation, balancing issues and so forth?
There are quite a few people here who want horrible hit reg and horrible deviation.  You know, those players who have had half a belt of LMG bullets whizzing past them, that they can just turn around and jump-prone to headshot that Support guy who thought he had a jump on that Medic.
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

aerodynamic wrote:

twoblacklines wrote:

Then tell me why BF2 is considered the miost popular Battlefield to date.

They should've made BF3 based on what BF2 was like. Not this Bad Company 3 piece of crap I'm seeing. I hold BF3 to a high standard because it's considered the sequel to one of the best FPS games from the past decade. And after 4-5 years and nearly a year marketing hype, we get this.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Roc18 wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

twoblacklines wrote:

Because it was a different time.
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Roc18
`

FloppY_ wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

Hello it's 2011 and there are still a large number of servers running BF2 24/7 .
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone

aerodynamic wrote:

Racoon_Flyer wrote:

It's sad that in 6 years all the battlefield series has achieved is shiny pretty fancy non-functional graphics, hit-reg that works, and the ability to blow up the walls of a building, the rest feels like a step backwards. If someone put BF2 and BF3 side by side I would still pick BF2, it's just more fun than BF3 in its current state.
BF2 was a worthy sequel to BF1942. It was not a clone, it was not a remake it lost some and had many added features from it's predecessor, it was unique but kept the battlefield feel to the core of it's gameplay. BF3 does none of that. It doesn't have to be a remake or copy, but it does have to follow battlefield characteristics.

aerodynamic wrote:

Nade spam was easily avoided by playing any one of 29 of the 30 maps. Deviation was a good thing, especially added deviation from subsequent shots. Made spray and pray an pointless exercise and gave those who learnt to control their shooting a big advantage.

Ilocano wrote:

There are quite a few people here who want horrible hit reg and horrible deviation.  You know, those players who have had half a belt of LMG bullets whizzing past them, that they can just turn around and jump-prone to headshot that Support guy who thought he had a jump on that Medic.
As above, learnt to fucking shoot properly. Yes there were instances when hit reg was bad, but I'm willing to bet for every legitimate whinge, there were 10 more where they were confusing deviation and there poor shooting control to hit reg.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
AK47 needs to be in the game. Also more factions. PR outdid DICE in map making and faction making. I can't wait till they get their hands on the new engine. Hopefully they do a BF3 version in addition to the ArmA2 one.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

DrunkFace wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

As above, learnt to fucking shoot properly. Yes there were instances when hit reg was bad, but I'm willing to bet for every legitimate whinge, there were 10 more where they were confusing deviation and there poor shooting control to hit reg.
Oh, I know how to shoot.  I was a PKM sniper with close to sniper level accuracy.
The L85.  At times, godly.  At other times, pull-hairing frustration.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
itt people making predictions about the popularity of a game years into the future that hasn't even been released yet
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada

Ilocano wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Oh, I know how to shoot.  I was a PKM sniper with close to sniper level accuracy.
The L85.  At times, godly.  At other times, pull-hairing frustration.
Never liked the L85
FloppY_
­

Roc18 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Hello it's 2011 and there are still a large number of servers running BF2 24/7 .
Your point being?
Roc18
`

FloppY_ wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Your point being?
your point being?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

FloppY_ wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

None of the BF games that have come out after BF2 have been any good compared to it. 2005 being a "different time" is a retarded argument, since back then there was a mass of quality games unlike today. Even a half-decent game would stand out from the flood of shit that the fps genre is nowadays.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2011-10-11 18:44:16)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
the immense popularity of cod begs to disagree
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
FloppY_
­

DUnlimited wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

None of the BF games that have come out after BF2 have been any good compared to it. 2005 being a "different time" is a retarded argument, since back then there was a mass of quality games unlike today. Even a half-decent game would stand out from the flood of shit that the fps genre is nowadays.
Not exactly what I meant but I see how it wasn't clear...
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5754|Roma

DrunkFace wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

Racoon_Flyer wrote:

It's sad that in 6 years all the battlefield series has achieved is shiny pretty fancy non-functional graphics, hit-reg that works, and the ability to blow up the walls of a building, the rest feels like a step backwards. If someone put BF2 and BF3 side by side I would still pick BF2, it's just more fun than BF3 in its current state.
BF2 was a worthy sequel to BF1942. It was not a clone, it was not a remake it lost some and had many added features from it's predecessor, it was unique but kept the battlefield feel to the core of it's gameplay. BF3 does none of that. It doesn't have to be a remake or copy, but it does have to follow battlefield characteristics.

aerodynamic wrote:

Nade spam was easily avoided by playing any one of 29 of the 30 maps. Deviation was a good thing, especially added deviation from subsequent shots. Made spray and pray an pointless exercise and gave those who learnt to control their shooting a big advantage.

Ilocano wrote:

So what are the unique characteristics of a BF game?
Big maps? Vehicles? Various classes? Ability to play with a team? Ability to play alone?
Deviation is good but up to a point. Many many times i was face to face with an enemy, I aim my m4 Specops, tap tap tap....nothing...the other guy unloads his g36 in my face and there i am dead...missed 10 rounds fom less than 10 meters, thats just retarded.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2011-10-12 02:13:59)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
jmsprovan
+18|5813|Alba

DrunkFace wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

Racoon_Flyer wrote:

You seem to have forgotten that when BF2 was released, a huge number of hardcore 1942 players boycotted it because it was "too different". Exactly the same thing is repeating now.
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6208
Except its not "too different" now, its basically BC2.5!
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5037|Massachusetts, USA

twoblacklines wrote:

Except its not "too different" now, its basically BC2.5!
Except you're a fucking moron if you believe that.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
I think the biggest let down so far is the squad system.  In BF2 and 2142 you had groups of players that had to work together to a certain degree if they wanted to spawn on the leader and really make a difference in the game.  BC2 and so far in BF3 its just a mass jumble because everyone can just spawn on anybody else.  It's just "move forward", as opposed to "stick together and dont let our leader get killed".  Its subtle but it makes a huge difference in the way the games play out.
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5954

Spearhead wrote:

I think the biggest let down so far is the squad system.  In BF2 and 2142 you had groups of players that had to work together to a certain degree if they wanted to spawn on the leader and really make a difference in the game.  BC2 and so far in BF3 its just a mass jumble because everyone can just spawn on anybody else.  It's just "move forward", as opposed to "stick together and dont let our leader get killed".  Its subtle but it makes a huge difference in the way the games play out.
Agreed. The thing is, i don't think they are going to make a big change to it. They stated that there will be a way to make squads before the game starts, but it doesn't look like there will be an in-game squad management system.

If BF3 had been released a year later, when the consoles started to decline -as they always do until the next gen is released- it would have meant that the PC was once again the main gaming platform and we wouldn't have this console friendly bullshit.

Unfortunately, like any right-minded company, Dice and EA are out to make as much cash as possible. Hence the multi-plat-ADHD friendly-gameplay

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard