FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

jord wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

jord wrote:

The AA in 2142 bypassed shields because if it hit you with a shield on you didn't die you just lost power and crashed.
We were talking about the mobile AA, which didn't have the EMP effect
What the one in f2 on the walker? I thought it did...
I think he meant the AA Rocket launcher engineer could carry around.. I know I did :3
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
people used that?

i think i used that once for shits and giggles, trying to take out as many inf as i could on camp g. needless to say i didn't end up with great stats, but it was lol.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
FloppY_
­
That was my point in my previous post

Practically noone used it because it made you useless vs ground vehicles which there were always a ton of in 2142... oh how I miss that game..
jmsprovan
+18|5813|Alba

https://kusabax.cultnet.net/sup/src/131482948938.jpg
Brasso
+1,549|6631

that just sounds awesome
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
FloppY_
­
Like Thor punishing the heavens with Mjölnir

On an unrelated note I would have liked to hear something along the lines of altitude warnings in jets... might get annoying though but hearing *altitude* *altitude* *altitude* *altitude* mid-dogfight makes me feel like something out of Top Gun :3 Would probably get annoying fast though...
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black
Kinda like your return to the forum.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

Kinda like your return to the forum.
If I didn't know you better Fin I'd take that as a compliment >.>
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
i think the vehicle unlocks system is flawed. i was up against an enemy jet that had heatseeking missles and alls i had was my mg. got wtfpwned repeatedly...

Last edited by jord (2011-10-08 09:40:02)

HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5485|Bolingbrook, Illinois
i don't understand what's so cool about that video

bf2 had better jets
and PR had better A10s, if that's what you're into
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
anyone playing right now?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
i think introducing vehicle specs was a mistake with bc2. the point of BF's vehicle system was you could bail from a helo, land on a car, drive to a tank and steal it, then rampage without having to hope you selected the right spec for the right vehicle way back when you spawned with no intention of tanking it up. all should have had smoke/flares (maybe with a nerfed reload over v smoke) and a light co-ax/secondary weapon where applicable.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
CC-Marley
+407|6829
I miss the SU's
FloppY_
­

FatherTed wrote:

i think introducing vehicle specs was a mistake with bc2. the point of BF's vehicle system was you could bail from a helo, land on a car, drive to a tank and steal it, then rampage without having to hope you selected the right spec for the right vehicle way back when you spawned with no intention of tanking it up. all should have had smoke/flares (maybe with a nerfed reload over v smoke) and a light co-ax/secondary weapon where applicable.
Yeah I miss the days of having a main gun, machine gun and smoke screen on my tanks
Laika
+75|5945
why dice took their tried and true formula for the battlefield experience and messed with it i just cannot understand.
FloppY_
­

Laika wrote:

why dice took their tried and true formula for the battlefield experience and messed with it i just cannot understand.
"We want to appeal to a wider audience"

But yeah.. I'd prefer a 1942/BF2/2142 clone over BC3 one any day... (I'm not saying BF3 is/is not that, I haven't played the beta so I wouldn't know)
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5544|Toronto
After seeing the vehicles I desperately want to play this game.

Why does my computer have to suck
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
game is terrible
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
jord
well its no awesome thats for sure
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
look nice and fancy but plays like like total shit.  slow, cumbersome and generally retarded.

i despise games where i have no idea who shot me (killcam doesnt count) or where the the frig he was.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5544|Toronto
So it's like a CoD shooter with vehicles? I guess I'm not missing much, then.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6515|AUS
The reflections from the interior of the cockpit canopy in the jets (not meaning the lens flare or solar effects) are not necessary.
More of a negative feature than a positive one. Should be done away with altogether.
Might be a nice example of the graphical power of the FB2 engine but does nothing to improve the flying experience.

m3thod wrote:

look nice and fancy but plays like like total shit.  slow, cumbersome and generally retarded.

i despise games where i have no idea who shot me (killcam doesnt count) or where the the frig he was.
Yeah, probably because a lot of the time he's not actually in your line of sight and you're not even in his. He's hiding behind a bush somewhere on the other side of the map shooting 2 millimeters below the little "spotted" caret above your head.
3D spotting is a huge failure. Unfortunately with such a poor minimap though there simply isn't a better way to "mark" enemy players.
They need to make a far better minimap and remove 3D spotting altogether.
If that's not on then they need to reduce the time period for which you stay spotted to 2 or 3 seconds max.

Last edited by (27th)Kaptyn (2011-10-08 10:48:57)

jmsprovan
+18|5813|Alba

m3thod wrote:

You despised BF2 then, right?

It would have been almost impossible to find some people in BF2 if it wasn't for commander spotting.
jord

jmsprovan wrote:

m3thod wrote:

You despised BF2 then, right?

It would have been almost impossible to find some people in BF2 if it wasn't for commander spotting.
No it wasn't, there were only a set amount of places people could be and you just spotted such areas if under fire. The graphics of the foliage in bf3 make it significantly harder to find hows shooting at you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard